International European officials say 'sabotage' likely cause of suspicious Nord Stream leaks

Super_Nintendo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://thepostmillennial.com/break...spicious-nord-stream-leaks?utm_campaign=64483

original_Nordstream.jpg

On Tuesday, Swedish and Danish authorities reported three leaks in pipelines running under the Baltic Sea from Russia to Germany, two in Nord Stream I, and another in Nord Stream II.

Leaders of Denmark, Germany, and Poland have since come out suggesting the leaks were not accidental, rather, they were likely the result of “sabotage.”

According to the Financial Times, leaders pointed to the number of leaks and geopolitical situation surrounding the pipelines when making their assessment.

Danish prime minister Mette Frederiksen noted that while “it is too early to conclude” whether the incidents were acts of sabotage, “there are three leaks and therefore it is difficult to imagine that it could be accidental.”

German officials echoed Frederiksen’s statements, adding that Russian involvement “could not be excluded” as a possibility.

Polish prime minister Mateusz Morawiecki said “We don’t know all the details of what happened, but we see clearly that it’s an act of sabotage related to the next step of escalation of the situation in Ukraine.”

The cause of the leaks is not yet known, however the Swedish Seismology Centre recorded two “explosions” on Monday near the site of the incidents just off the Danish island of Bornholm.

As the Financial Times points out, the leaks come on the same day that Norway opened a brand new pipeline to Poland in an attempt to provide an alternative to Russian energy.

This is a breaking story and will be updated.

Ugh nevermind. There's some posts on this in the Ukraine war thread. Delete if you like mods.

Biden said in February that if the war starts, they will put an end to Nordstream and when the reporter asked how? He said He'll find away. Well they found a way. This is the biggest non-mystery in the history of non-mysteries. It would be like finding a dead body and then video footage of months earlier someone that knows the killed person is talking about how they will kill them.

Last edited:
Russians have been probing infrastructure with under water drones for some time.

It's funny, I bet they are mad people like itt have been so thoroughly brainwashed by their anti American messaging and stupified to the point they don't get their simple message, thereby hampering their extortion attempt. When the propaganda backfires.

Biden said in February that if the war starts, they will put an end to Nordstream and when the reporter asked how? He said He'll find away. Well they found a way. This is the because non-mystery in the history of non-mysteries. It would be like finding a dead body and then video footage of months earlier someone that knows the killed person is talking about how they will kill them.

Refreshing to be throwing non-mysteries of our own making into the mix.

Well played!

Now we just sit back and pretend we don't know how it happened.

Reactions: lsa
Russians have been probing infrastructure with under water drones for some time.

It's funny, I bet they are mad people like itt have been so thoroughly brainwashed by their anti American messaging and stupified to the point they don't get their simple message, thereby hampering their extortion attempt. When the propaganda backfires.

What is their simple message?

Biden said in February that if the war starts, they will put an end to Nordstream and when the reporter asked how? He said He'll find away. Well they found a way. This is the because non-mystery in the history of non-mysteries. It would be like finding a dead body and then video footage of months earlier someone that knows the killed person is talking about how they will kill them.

This the guy whose statements we should take as being set in stone?

308499618_645499437035986_1642587457211392037_n.png

As far as I understand it, Russia have the ability to just turn the taps on and off at will. I’m not sure what benefit or motive they would have to blowing up their own pipelines.

Granted, I could be wrong.

Wasn't a US ship of some sort within the general vicinity at roughly the right time?

Back