News BREAKING Invicta FC 44 Rodriguez vs Torquato

Only one week away. Stoked for return of Invicta!

Big Time!

ClassicFamousBichonfrise-size_restricted.gif

We need Karina Rodriguez in the UFC to fight Maryna Rodriguez; Mortal Kombat mirror match.

Any follow up cards announced yet, or was that talk of 20 cards a year just pie in the sky?

Also Invicta weighins have gone downhill, the masks, the close-up shots on head and shoulders .... the viewers want to see crazy costumes, awkward stripping, groovy soundtracks, funny youtube comments .......... come on ladies, pander to your audience.

Last edited:
Any follow up cards announced yet, or was that talk of 20 cards a year just pie in the sky?

Also Invicta weighins have gone downhill, the masks, the close-up shots on head and shoulders .... the viewers want to see crazy costumes, awkward stripping, groovy soundtracks, funny youtube comments .......... come on ladies, pander to your audience.

Yeah, Zapitella just coming out in her fight kit is not what I've come to expect from her. <DCrying>

Marq from WombatSports posted an article last month stating that Invicta is working on a card for June.

I kinda liked it, they streamlined the weigh-ins by just having TJ DeSantis read off the weights, let them pose and then face off. No sense in standing on a scale if you did early weigh-ins and already have the weights ready to announce. Also no sense in having ring card holders if this is an event that's not open to the public, save that air and hotel fare.

One thing I did notice is that previously Invicta's backdrop at the weigh-ins would read "all pro women's MMA" at the top, this time it didn't which leads me to believe that eventually they will start having amateur fights on their cards. Possibly when the events are open to the public.

A really cringy interview, but Shannon held her own.

Quick Cliff Notes

Shannon's background is in broadcasting.

Invicta FC 1 had 170,000 unique visits for their first streamed event.

The prize money for winning the Phoenix Series tournament is $25,000.

god bless anyone who watches this over bellator tonight.

I’ll be going back and forth, but Invicta’s main event > Cyborg repeat can crushing
Mike Tyson crushing a can is still more of a spectacle than a competitive fight between a couple of fringe top 20 fighters.

Mike Tyson crushing a can is still more of a spectacle than a competitive fight between a couple of fringe top 20 fighters.
It stops being a spectacle after the 10th time. At least with MVP, he’s doing something different each time. With Cyborg, last fight aside, it’s always overwhelming the undersized and outmatched opponent with volume punching

Back