Social Breaking Points is lame. Rising with Kim Iversen is far better

Eusung

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I thought when they left corporate media they would go full gloves off on msm narratives. I don't even bother to watch their show anymore.

Their whole schtick is "ok we are finally covering what you already knew 6 months ago but the msm ignored"

Kim Iversen has had some really good segments on Rising - touching topics that Saagar refuses to touch. Saagar sounds more leftwing than Kim does these days.

Remember how Saagar kept saying Biden would be really popular and that the economy would be booming? He was full blown shilling for Biden a couple weeks ago.

I mean the economy is kind of running at full speed and the DOW has blown past all records multiple times.

He gave his opinion on what he thought would happened and he was wrong. Welcome to the real world. Also what topics is Kim Iverson talking about that Sagaar is refusing to touch?

He gave his opinion on what he thought would happened and he was wrong. Welcome to the real world. Also what topics is Kim Iverson talking about that Sagaar is refusing to touch?
This. Dude was wrong. So what?
Kim and the guy seem to go after so spicy stuff.
I liked the one where he talked about how the govt is broken because the govt can’t implement some simple Medicare change

This. Dude was wrong. So what?
Kim and the guy seem to go after so spicy stuff.
I liked the one where he talked about how the govt is broken because the govt can’t implement some simple Medicare change

I've avoided the hill after they changed host but maybe I need to go back and check it out.

He seems disingenuous, especially when it comes to anything related to covid.

Kim Iversen is willing to take on topics like this while Saagar never questions anything related to covid or vaccine policy...hell he and Krystal even supported vaccine mandates and their viewers called them out for it in the comments. They got ratio'd pretty bad too.

Last edited:
He seems disingenuous, especially when it comes to anything related to covid.

Kim Iversen is willing to take on topics like this while Saagar never questions anything related to covid or vaccine policy...hell he and Krystal even supported vaccine mandates and their viewers called them out for it in the comments. They got ratio'd pretty bad too.

They have to many videos so I can't really confirm if they talked about this or not. Searching didn't bring anything up.

As far as supporting the mandates what do you want me to say? That's what they think should be done and it's their opinion? If they think there should be mandates then that's what they think. You don't have to agree with it. I'm not listening to Krystal and Sagaar cause I want everything they say to line up with my own beliefs.

Although I listened today and it seems like Krystal only supports it for some industries. Here is video of them criticizing the ACLU for supporting the vaccine mandates:

Kim is the reason I re-subscribed. Ryan Grim however is an obvious shill and a goof.

I started watching Kim when she started her YouTube channel...she gained a lot of viewers pretty quickly.

Saw her on The Hill's channel recently...guses someone took notice.

I watch Breaking Points and enjoy it for the most part.

When they left Rising I thought I was done with it but I really enjoy Kim.

She's far better than some of the ones they had right after Krystal and Saggar left.

I like Ryan Grimm's reporting but he's as charasmatic on camera as a pet rock.

I like them all. Sagaar, Kim, and Krystal. It's great to hear other perspectives.

Reactions: Ruv
I watch Breaking Points and enjoy it for the most part.

When they left Rising I thought I was done with it but I really enjoy Kim.

She's far better than some of the ones they had right after Krystal and Saggar left.

I like Ryan Grimm's reporting but he's as charasmatic on camera as a pet rock.
Yeah Kim is really stepping up and kicking butt. She is aggressive without being obnoxious.
Ryan is Ok, but yeah dude is kinda stuffed suit sometimes. Guess he brings a balance though.

That's flat out not true. They've spoken out explicitly against vaccine mandates.

Also lol at posting a tweet about him praising getting out of Afghanistan.

I thought when they left corporate media they would go full gloves off on msm narratives. I don't even bother to watch their show anymore.

Their whole schtick is "ok we are finally covering what you already knew 6 months ago but the msm ignored"

Kim Iversen has had some really good segments on Rising - touching topics that Saagar refuses to touch. Saagar sounds more leftwing than Kim does these days.

Remember how Saagar kept saying Biden would be really popular and that the economy would be booming? He was full blown shilling for Biden a couple weeks ago.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I liked Saagar and Krystal personality wise, but it is becoming apparently clear that the real talent at Rising was the writing team, not the presenters.

Breaking Point gets so many little details wrong that it reeks of Dunning-Kruger. A show we two economic grads can't even get velocity-of-money theory right. The other day Saagar seemed clueless to that fact Australia is a federation which has different state governments. Krystal clearly didn't research how a parlaimentary system is different to a congressional system before her take on Britain. They seem to missrepresenting facts about domestic politics too, which should be their bread and butter. I don't know if they have been frugal with their research team, but it looks like they have. If they have to be smart with their money, substance over style everytime. 'The Boys in Short Pants' is a Canadian podcast with a shoestring budget, that has consistently great research. If they can do it, I don't know why Breaking Point can't.

They have yet to reach the Daily Wire level of outright lying because they can't admit they were wrong after not researching propperly, but they look to be headed that way.

In contrast, Kim Iverson seems to have slotted right in place without skipping a beat, and the writers still deliver solid subject material. Also, I'm not really into east asians, but I would definitely fold her over.

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly.

I liked Saagar and Krystal personality wise, but it is becoming apparently clear that the real talent at Rising was the writing team, not the presenters.

Breaking Point gets so many little details wrong that it reeks of Dunning-Kruger. A show we two economic grads can't even get velocity-of-money theory right. The other day Saagar seemed clueless to that fact Australia is a federation which has different state governments. Krystal clearly didn't research how a parlaimentary system is different to a congressional system before her take on Britain. They seem to missrepresenting facts about domestic politics too, which should be their bread and butter. I don't know if they have been frugal with their research team, but it looks like they have. If they have to be smart with their money, substance over style everytime. 'The Boys in Short Pants' is a Canadian podcast with a shoestring budget, that has consistently great research. If they can do it, I don't know why Breaking Point can't.

They have yet to reach the Daily Wire level of outright lying because they can't admit they were wrong after not researching propperly, but they look to be headed that way.

In contrast, Kim Iverson seems to have slotted right in place without skipping a beat, and the writers still deliver solid subject material. Also, I'm not really into east asians, but I would definately fold her over.
Interesting take. I only watch clips so I’ve def missed some of those details.
Hopefully it’s teething problems and not a trend. But something I’ll consider from now on
And yeah Kim is wrecking it and doing a great job

They seem on top of things

Good research and good opinions and commentary

Both are quality. No need to blow out one's candle to ensure another seems brighter.

Yesterday's interview with Thomas Frank was top notch.

That's flat out not true. They've spoken out explicitly against vaccine mandates.

Also lol at posting a tweet about him praising getting out of Afghanistan.

So they flip flopped.

They got so much blowback from their viewers that they had to add a comment on their clip saying basically "Guys guys you are misunderstanding us" - a comment which also got huge blowback.

They have the clear flaw of caring too much about what their viewers think. That limits them.

Last edited:
So they flip flopped.

They got so much blowback from their viewers that they had to add a comment on their clip saying basically "Guys guys you are misunderstanding us" - a comment which also got huge blowback.

They have the clear flaw of caring too much about what their viewers think. That limits them.

Did you watch the video?

Back