International Brexit's New Imported Food Tax

england is on the right path. Just need to go a bit further.
It does not matter what any country tries to do. They have all been compromised by globalists and are being destroyed from within to move towards a one nation world.

Oh yeah, sovereignty is such a meaningless slogan isn't it. Maybe you could go and tell that to all those silly Irish people. George Washington too while we're at it.

And while we're on the subject of dickheads, if the dickheads who run our country had listened when the British people repeatedly asked for immigration to be reduced we might still be in the EU. Maybe if the galaxy brained Remainers hadn't spent the whole campaign calling us thick racist cunts we might still be in the EU.

Oh well, you know best.
Don't conflate sovereignty with autonomy.

Immigration in the UK has gone up under the Tories. Because there are underlying reasons driving immigration in recent years. International students, skilled workers, and humanitarian and refugee visas.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac....rnational-migration-flows-to-and-from-the-uk/

The UK lags behind the eurozone and the United states in growth. While it could be better, right now it looks like it be better off than some but not all of the eurozone. But I think Brexit shaved over several growth percentage points and think of all the people and opportunities left behind by Brexit.

UK GDP in Q4 2023 was 1.0% above its pre-pandemic level of Q4 2019.

"This compares with Eurozone GDP being 3.0% higher, with GDP in Germany up by 0.1%. The other G7 economies had higher growth than the UK over this period, including the US where GDP was 8.2% higher.
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

The UK economy will lag behind the EU and US in 2024​

Relative to the US and euro area economies, though, the UK will still lag on a number of fronts through 2024, according to Goldman Sachs Research.

Real disposable income is likely to improve by less, reflecting stickier inflation in the UK. Mortgages in the UK are also more sensitive to monetary policy. “We therefore expect the UK to face more persistent demand headwinds in 2024 than the US or euro area,” Stehn writes.
https://www.goldmansachs.com/intell...-keep-up-with-the-rest-of-europe-in-2024.html

How do I paste a picture?

There is a housing crisis in the UK and the USA, but it's more to do with prices than anything else in my opinion. I do not accept that housing prices are unacceptable because of immigration, net migration, or population increase. They're so high because of chronic mismanagement from banks who have lent far too much. As more and more money is lent, house prices go up (faster than wages), meaning more and more money has to be lent, meaning house prices can continue to go up, etc., and more and more young wage earners get left behind.

The only people benefiting are the banks and the uber-rich.

Again.

If the UK has serous issues, it's not coming from outside, it's always been within, at the top.
So you're still avoiding the question. It's ok, I won't keep asking.

I still don't know why any Brexiters are upset about this. They were told it would happen. Many of them said it was fine because being free of immigration was worthwhile.

There was the idiotic subset that somehow believed that they could Brexit but still get the benefits of being in the EU, but I assume those people are too stupid to realize they're wrong and, accordingly, they aren't upset either.

As a gesture of goodwill the Prime minister should have his tax avoiding billionaire wife pay for the first two years of their "world-class border facilities".

There was the idiotic subset that somehow believed that they could Brexit but still get the benefits of being in the EU, but I assume those people are too stupid to realize they're wrong and, accordingly, they aren't upset either.

I don't know, the have-my-cake-and-eat-it-too brigade appears to have been a larger portion of the Leave voters than I gave it credit. And they are plenty upset that they're not getting the impossible thing they were promised.

For years I've been seeing them starring in news segments that might as well be its own genre: "I am about to lose my livelihood because of Brexit... which I voted for. But this is NOT the Brexit I voted for!"

Last edited:
I don't know, the have-my-cake-and-eat-it-too brigade appears to have been a larger portion of the Leave voters than I gave it credit. And they are plenty upset that they're not getting the impossible thing they were promised.

For years I've been seeing them starring in news segments that might as well be its own genre: "I am about to lose my livelihood because of Brexit... which I voted for. But this is NOT the Brexit I voted for!"
It's the biggest case of "I told you so" ever..."project fear, allow me to introduce project reality"

Don't conflate sovereignty with autonomy.

Immigration in the UK has gone up under the Tories. Because there are underlying reasons driving immigration in recent years. International students, skilled workers, and humanitarian and refugee visas.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac....rnational-migration-flows-to-and-from-the-uk/

The UK lags behind the eurozone and the United states in growth. While it could be better, right now it looks like it be better off than some but not all of the eurozone. But I think Brexit shaved over several growth percentage points and think of all the people and opportunities left behind by Brexit.

UK GDP in Q4 2023 was 1.0% above its pre-pandemic level of Q4 2019.

"This compares with Eurozone GDP being 3.0% higher, with GDP in Germany up by 0.1%. The other G7 economies had higher growth than the UK over this period, including the US where GDP was 8.2% higher.
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

The UK economy will lag behind the EU and US in 2024​

Relative to the US and euro area economies, though, the UK will still lag on a number of fronts through 2024, according to Goldman Sachs Research.

Real disposable income is likely to improve by less, reflecting stickier inflation in the UK. Mortgages in the UK are also more sensitive to monetary policy. “We therefore expect the UK to face more persistent demand headwinds in 2024 than the US or euro area,” Stehn writes.
https://www.goldmansachs.com/intell...-keep-up-with-the-rest-of-europe-in-2024.html

How do I paste a picture?

How i do it

Paste picture here

Then select one of bbcode links and copy it

Oh yeah, sovereignty is such a meaningless slogan isn't it. Maybe you could go and tell that to all those silly Irish people. George Washington too while we're at it.

And while we're on the subject of dickheads, if the dickheads who run our country had listened when the British people repeatedly asked for immigration to be reduced we might still be in the EU. Maybe if the galaxy brained Remainers hadn't spent the whole campaign calling us thick racist cunts we might still be in the EU.

Oh well, you know best.
You do realize that Britain could have simply refused immigrants and stayed in the EU? It’s called the Poland route.

Back