Rumored Brian Shaw vs Mariusz Pudzianowski, August 2024

Wow for the first time Pujanovski is going to be at a significant strength disadvantage.

This sounds like a bad idea.

And if Pudzianowski comes in at 116 kg for that fight, I'm a tomato.

Shaw has aged out of Strongman at the top level of the sport, I feel like this is a cash grab and a way to keep his name relevant. Still, he coulda tried fighting some big fat guy or something. Pudz is actually trained. I'm sure KSW offered him a big sum and that's what sparked all of this though.

This sounds like a bad idea.

And if Pudzianowski comes in at 116 kg for that fight, I'm a tomato.

He has been weighing that recently. You think he is gonna bulk for the fight? If I were him stay trim and its gonna look like Usain Bolt racing Akebono.

He has been weighing that recently. You think he is gonna bulk for the fight? If I were him stay trim and its gonna look like Usain Bolt racing Akebono.

Can't see it. When you fight a heavier opponent, you bulk up. There aren't many catchweight/openweight bouts I can think of* where the lighter opponent didn't bulk up to better match the heavier opponent.
And Pudzianowski isn't agile enough, or a good enough wrestler, where being lighter and quicker than the opponent outweighs the negatives. I think he'll bulk up significantly to try and negate Shaw's only advantage. He won't hulk out, but I think he'll put on another 10 kgs minimum.

*Not counting Pride fights where the Yakusa ordered the lighter fighter to stay light for the freak factor.

It seems like Pudz is the one targeting this fight.

Shaw should fight a complete can.. or Bigfoot Silva.

Back