• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

British and American sitcoms

Idonotbelieveit

winning
@Gold
Reaction score
im English and I love us comedy shows, friends two n half men 8 simple rules they are funny and make good tv.

Do American like our comedy, most Brits have different sense of humour and most might not get what we say.

Only fools horses is goat, one foot in the grave I donotbelieveit. Men behaving badly

I can't imagine American people getting it lol

You love comedy but you hate grammar and punctuation.

I grew up on both but prefer British comedy over American. Im also not a big fan of the laugh track.

Btw 2 and a half men, 8 simple rules and Friends suck. Im pretty sure they have those shows on loop for the inmates at Guantanamo bay, thats how fucking terrible they are.

Not the best examples of British sitcoms OP.

Fawlty Towers
Blackadder
Red Dwarf
Father Ted
I'm Alan Partridge
Peep Show
Spaced
The Young Ones
Bottom
Mr Don & Mr George

Reminds me, if you like British or American sitcoms, you should check out Catastrophe on Amazon. Imagine Judd Apatow made a British sitcom and you get the idea.

im English and I love us comedy shows, friends two n half men 8 simple rules they are funny and make good tv.

Do American like our comedy, most Brits have different sense of humour and most might not get what we say.

Only fools horses is goat, one foot in the grave I donotbelieveit. Men behaving badly

I can't imagine American people getting it lol

I don't like any of the British OR American shows you listed. Your taste is bad and you should feel bad.

im broken English.
Fixed.

200w.gif

Fawlty Towers
Blackadder
Red Dwarf
Father Ted
I'm Alan Partridge
Peep Show
Spaced
The Young Ones
Bottom
Mr Don & Mr George

You left out the best British sitcoms;
The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin
Good Neighbors

You left out the best British sitcoms;
The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin
Good Neighbors

That's a matter of opinion. Yours is an opinion I've honestly never heard before, but each to their own.

Fawlty Towers
Blackadder
Red Dwarf
Father Ted
I'm Alan Partridge
Peep Show
Spaced
The Young Ones
Bottom
Mr Don & Mr George
This is a good list. I would add Green Wing, Toast Of London, Garth Merengi's Darkplace and The Mighty Boosh for a more contemporary mix.

Personally, I like my comedy British and my drama American.

I grew up on both but prefer British comedy over American. Im also not a big fan of the laugh track.

Btw 2 and a half men, 8 simple rules and Friends suck. Im pretty sure they have those shows on loop for the inmates at Guantanamo bay, thats how fucking terrible they are.

This doesn't suck;

I was a big fan of "Are You Being Served".

My top 10 would be British, pretty much. But everytime I try a more modern British comedy it's painful to watch. 'murcan comedy is far more reliable nowadays

British comedy has fallen off a cliff in the last 5 - 10 years.

Only really liked Toast of London.

1980-2010 was amazing, though.

This is a good list. I would add Green Wing, Toast Of London, Garth Merengi's Darkplace and The Mighty Boosh for a more contemporary mix.

Did you watch Man to Man with Dean Learner......same team as Marenghi. It's on Youtube, worth a peak.

I think Garth Merengi, The Mighty Boosh and the Toast of London are great too. Also the IT Crowd. Just not sure if I'd put them on my personal list.

Can't believe I forgot Green Wing though. Guy Secretan was one of the best sitcom characters ever.

That's a matter of opinion. Yours is an opinion I've honestly never heard before, but each to their own.

This coming from someone who thinks Father Ted is funny?

Back