Brock Lesnar beats Francis Ngannou

Who wins: Brock Lesnar or Francis Ngannou

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This goes without saying that teh flipped turtle would be completely helpless once Brock took him down.

I'm not sure that Ngannou hits harder than Hunt... maybe... but it's probably close.... & Brock took his shots as well as stood with him for an entire round when he didn't even have too... so this commentary that the 3 time UFC champ wouldn't' destoy Ngannou is unfounded.

...especially now that his gut disease is healed.​

It's crazy that so many people think Brock would win this. They're overlooking how scared he is of heavy hitters. And either overrating his takedown abilities, or underrating Stipe's takedown abilities or Francis's TDD.

There are only a couple ways I can visualise this fight. First, and most likely, is Brock coming out timid, Francis pressuring him, landing a big shot, and ending it within 1 or 2 minutes. Second, is Francis initially taking his time a bit more, allowing Brock time to relax, and shoot; from there, Brock gets ahold of Francis, and maybe takes him down, but struggles to hold him down; they scramble, Francis lands some shots during the transition, fight is over. I just can't see Brock successfully avoiding Francis, successfully shooting, AND successfully holding Francis down while doing damage enough to end future threats.

It's a 50/50 fight on paper.

You say Brock is scared of heavy hitters, well he beat Shane Carwin. He beat Frank Mir, basically twice (yes he lost the first one on a hailmary kneebar). Beating Randy is whatever, but he was a good boxer. He beat Hunt who's a big hitter who was KOing everyone but the top tier (prime Cain, prime JDS, Werdum) at the time.

He only lost to Ubereem (with a diverticulitis) and prime Cain. He took Cain down as well, people forget that.

I think the issue is the exact opposite, Ngannou is very overrated. He's a flashy KO artist, he's good not saying he isn't...but how do you know he's improved in the grappling game? He knocked out Blaydes in like 30 seconds which showed us next to nothing, he's knocked out a washed up JDS and very washed Cain, and just KO'd Rozenstruik.

Well prior to that he lost to Lewis and was 50-44'd by Stipe. I'm not sure how much crack people are smoking trying to say he didn't get outwrestled hard by Stipe, but he did. And Lesnar is the much bigger man and better wrestler, at least shooting in open space than Stipe is.

"I just can't see Brock successfully avoiding Francis..."

Why not? It's very easy. Francis blitzes in on a straight line like he did to Rozenstruik in his last fight, Brock level changes and doubles him. The entire fight is based on: Can Ngannou fight outside and stuff a takedown then kill Lesnar with a haymaker, or is Ngannou's TDD and grappling at the level where Brock will likely take him down then smash him or sub him from sidemount. If Ngannou is down then I think he's DOWN, he's not getting up from Lesnar with his white belt level grappling especially if he isn't right on the cage.

If he showed up in a shape that we just had to deal with, I think he'd win. But not in the current shape.

Hunt isn't that fast and in the Brock fight he moved forward like a snail, trying to land the big one and lost because of it.
Francis moves much faster and will ko Brock in the first round 100/100 times.

It's crazy that so many people think Brock would win this. They're overlooking how scared he is of heavy hitters. And either overrating his takedown abilities, or underrating Stipe's takedown abilities or Francis's TDD.

There are only a couple ways I can visualise this fight. First, and most likely, is Brock coming out timid, Francis pressuring him, landing a big shot, and ending it within 1 or 2 minutes. Second, is Francis initially taking his time a bit more, allowing Brock time to relax, and shoot; from there, Brock gets ahold of Francis, and maybe takes him down, but struggles to hold him down; they scramble, Francis lands some shots during the transition, fight is over. I just can't see Brock successfully avoiding Francis, successfully shooting, AND successfully holding Francis down while doing damage enough to end future threats.

It's crazy people think Brock's scared of fighting heavy hitters. You realize he asked for Carwin & Hunt right? INstead of Carwin if Brock said "I want to fight Schaub" UFC would have complied. And if it hadn't been for his life-threatening sickness he would have fought JDS. JDS was pretty damn terrifying back then, JDS, Carin & Cain were maybe the 3 top heavy hitters in the entire UFC. I'll agree he didn't react well to getting hit hard, but scared? If he was scared as you said, and fought the 3 I mentioned. When UFC would have fed him anyone he asked, then he was a man facing his fears times 10. If Brock 10 years younger and in the UFC today I suspect he would have asked for Francis just like he asked for Carwin. I'm not saying he would have won, but he wouldn't have wanted to fight anyone but the top HW's, he never backed down from a fight. He entered the UFC 1-0 and wanted Mir, that's not a dude who knows fear.

It really depends on if Francis can clip Brock. If he does, Brock dances and it's not gonna be good. If he doesn't? Brock takes him down and does that bully punch shit he did to Frank Mir. That shit was nuts to watch even 11 years ago, and there's a world of difference between him on top of you and Stipe on top of you.

Agreed.

What’s interesting is that neither guy is what I would call bulletproof mentally (although Lesnar deserves more credit for the Carwin comeback than he gets). If Brock is hesitant and gets clipped it’ll be over quickly. If Francis comes out like he did against Lewis he’s getting squashed.

Fun fight.

I just had a dream that the UFC was doing two Batamweights vs Francis because of the thinness of this division

Ngannou is very hard to take down early on. It would go like the Overeem fight.

It's crazy people think Brock's scared of fighting heavy hitters. You realize he asked for Carwin & Hunt right? INstead of Carwin if Brock said "I want to fight Schaub" UFC would have complied. And if it hadn't been for his life-threatening sickness he would have fought JDS. JDS was pretty damn terrifying back then, JDS, Carin & Cain were maybe the 3 top heavy hitters in the entire UFC. I'll agree he didn't react well to getting hit hard, but scared? If he was scared as you said, and fought the 3 I mentioned. When UFC would have fed him anyone he asked, then he was a man facing his fears times 10. If Brock 10 years younger and in the UFC today I suspect he would have asked for Francis just like he asked for Carwin. I'm not saying he would have won, but he wouldn't have wanted to fight anyone but the top HW's, he never backed down from a fight. He entered the UFC 1-0 and wanted Mir, that's not a dude who knows fear.

Very fair. If you made a list of the top ten fighters you’d never want to get into a fist fight with, Brock has fought about half of them. It’s clear that he never got comfortable eating punches or defending against combinations, but he came into the sport cold and immediately jumped into the deep end.

people forget FRATE TRANE Brock. Before Overeem kneed him right in the diverticulitis he was extremely formidable.

Goes very much like the Hunt fight. Bork wins

So your gifs are literally all in round 1 where Ngannou is wrestlefucked the entire round, solid case.

Brock is a better wrestler and much bigger than Stipe too, much stronger in his "prime"

How did a guy who "got wrestlefucked for the entire round" end the round standing?

hmm, i dont see it
brock hates being hit and ngannou hits pretty hard
but he also could just double leg francis at the start of each round and francis doesnt look that good on the floor
i'd like to see this one tbh

Fucking dunce. I said the he isn't easy to take down and that he only got "held down" after he gassed, which is true.

In the first round, he either stuffed Stipe's TDs or managed to get back up to his feet. He ended the round standing.

cItwC35.gif

6Oc46UM.gif

yha1txl.gif

CMLyADf.gif

He also stuffed Blaydes multiple times and got off of his back in their first fight when he was much less experienced.

UImq3sF.gif

VNDKTnG.gif

xIM69yo.gif

Stipe was so gassed that from controlling Ngannou in middle rounds that he couldn't even take him down in the fifth and had to resort to wall and stall to ride out the clock.

The notion that the guy is easy to take down and control in top position is ridiculous. He's beaten several wrestlers and only got handled by the top guy in the division.
Ngannou was on his back from a double leg at the end of the first rd. And Stipe had a TD 3 minutes into the 1st and did some gnp and was looking for an arm lock. Just clarifying.

Would a been a fun scrap.

I'd go with Brock on fight night most likely.

Would be alot closer then people think. 50/50. If Lesnar takes him down its over, but Francis could KO him shooting for TD

With proper MMA training, "The Great Gama" (the greatest wrestler that ever lived) could have beaten both Ngannou and Lesnar.

Here is "The Great Gama":

561177068.jpg

Why was your thread about the guy removed?

Back