Brock Lesnar vs. Josh Barnett

Brock taps to strikes in under 3 minutes while break dancing to the soundtrack of beat street

The real winner here is whoever lands the sponsor rights to their steroids.

Brock probably has the strength/wrestling advantage, but I can't help but think Barnett would find a way to sub him.

would have been an excellent fight style wise but its certain to never happen now given the age of the fighters and where they are in their careers. That being said I think lesnar would smother josh on the ground and it would end up being very similar to lesnar/mir 2

Mir was a lot taller than Brock when they faced. Many times.
2 inches of height and -45lbs of muscle is a lot.

your memory must be bad because Brock and Frank are equal height.

Attachments

• E1FAD7C1-523F-4558-BEF4-10D3BAD7ED63.jpeg
    E1FAD7C1-523F-4558-BEF4-10D3BAD7ED63.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1
Brock is too good a wrestler. I can’t see Barnett subbing him off the bottom and Lesnar smashes him standing. I see it as a terrible fight for Josh.

Same size?
Barnett was last in good shape in the UFC Japan... iirc at 245 or so. And he is a lot taller than Lesnar, who is a lot heavier at 290 or so...
Edit: Barnett finishes Brock at any point from 1993 to now.
They are pretty much the same height

Brock is too good a wrestler. I can’t see Barnett subbing him off the bottom and Lesnar smashes him standing. I see it as a terrible fight for Josh.
Smashes him standing lol .... Barnett is a way better striker

Smashes him standing lol .... Barnett is a way better striker

no he isn’t! Barnett has nothing on the feet for Brock. Lesnar bear Hunt standing, he punches Heath Herring so hard he rolled backwards. Lesnar would MAUL Barnett on the feet and it isn’t close.

Barnett was always a below average striker and had only declined.

no he isn’t! Barnett has nothing on the feet for Brock. Lesnar bear Hunt standing, he punches Heath Herring so hard he rolled backwards. Lesnar would MAUL Barnett on the feet and it isn’t close.

Barnett was always a below average striker and had only declined.
Wow .... you actually think Brock is a dangerous striker ..... must be a hard life being so unaware and blind .....Lmao at Brock beating Hunt standing ....have you seen that fight? ...... Barnett dropped Big Nog with a left hook a punch Brock didn’t even have in his arsenal lmao .....pretty much much anytime Brock stood with someone he saw Tweety birds .....you overrate Brock’s standup and underrate Barnett’s

Wow .... you actually think Brock is a dangerous striker ..... must be a hard life being so unaware and blind .....Lmao at Brock beating Hunt standing ....have you seen that fight? ...... Barnett dropped Big Nog with a left hook a punch Brock didn’t even have in his arsenal lmao .....pretty much much anytime Brock stood with someone he saw Tweety birds .....you overrate Brock’s standup and underrate Barnett’s

I dont think Lesnar is a dangerous striker not sure why you think that. I do however think he batters Barnett on the feet. Yes I’ve seen the Hunt fight, while he didn’t land anything meaningful he actually vastly outlander Hunt. Yes 90% of the shots were pawing jabs or leg kicks but he stood with Hunt most of the right and using footwork and reach he completely shut Hunt down.

Barnett has regressed as a striker. He hasn’t added any tools to his game and is considerably slower than he was. Technically yes Josh is a bit better but he doesn’t have the speed to overcome a reach disadvantage. I’d bet Brock could at least repeat what he did against Hunt on Barnett. I’ve no reason to believe Barnett would do better than Hunt standing.

I dont think Lesnar is a dangerous striker not sure why you think that. I do however think he batters Barnett on the feet. Yes I’ve seen the Hunt fight, while he didn’t land anything meaningful he actually vastly outlander Hunt. Yes 90% of the shots were pawing jabs or leg kicks but he stood with Hunt most of the right and using footwork and reach he completely shut Hunt down.

Barnett has regressed as a striker. He hasn’t added any tools to his game and is considerably slower than he was. Technically yes Josh is a bit better but he doesn’t have the speed to overcome a reach disadvantage. I’d bet Brock could at least repeat what he did against Hunt on Barnett. I’ve no reason to believe Barnett would do better than Hunt standing.
I’m looking at this as a Prime on prime matchup... not how they are currently

I’m looking at this as a Prime on prime matchup... not how they are currently

ill give you it would be a lot closer prime vs prime. Barnett used to be a fairly average striker which is more than Lesnar had ever been. He had decent boxing and definitely prime vs prime had the quicker hands. He has just regressed a lot. He used to work knees well in clinches too but I’d imagine a clinch against Brock is something he would have to avoid.

Even prime vs prime Lesnar to me is still one of the worst fights for Barnett. A guy he can’t likely take down or get top position on really shuts down a lot of his game.

don’t mean to shit on Barnett. I’m a big fan but I hate this matchup for him. (But agreed prime vs prime it would be a lot tighter)

Barnett wins, regardless of year (including this one). Barnett is the better striker, is a big motherfucker not afraid of the takedown, has great wrestling of his own, and an excellent submission game. I really wish we could’ve seen him fight in Bellator recently to try and get a gauge of where he’s at physically right now. But based on what we know of Lesnar and Barnett, I don’t see a path to victory for Brock He’s not going to rag doll Barnett with his wrestling.

ill give you it would be a lot closer prime vs prime. Barnett used to be a fairly average striker which is more than Lesnar had ever been. He had decent boxing and definitely prime vs prime had the quicker hands. He has just regressed a lot. He used to work knees well in clinches too but I’d imagine a clinch against Brock is something he would have to avoid.

Even prime vs prime Lesnar to me is still one of the worst fights for Barnett. A guy he can’t likely take down or get top position on really shuts down a lot of his game.

don’t mean to shit on Barnett. I’m a big fan but I hate this matchup for him. (But agreed prime vs prime it would be a lot tighter)
50/50 type fight imo ....both have ways to win ..... Barnett at his best was hard to finish and was capable of going 5 hard rounds .... can’t say the same for Brock imo ....Brock would attempt to win by smother like he did the Mir rematch.... interesting fight

50/50 type fight imo ....both have ways to win ..... Barnett at his best was hard to finish and was capable of going 5 hard rounds .... can’t say the same for Brock imo ....Brock would attempt to win by smother like he did the Mir rematch.... interesting fight

Brock doesn’t have 5 good rounds in him. I just don’t see how Barnett wins. His subs are from top position and Brock is seriously hard headed, if Carwin GNPing him can’t put him away not much can.

Barnett would have to use every bit of skill in every position to edge a decision prime or no prime. It would be a hard night for him.

I rate Barnett as an all time great way over Lesnar I just can’t picture a Barnett win unless it’s a blood and guts 5 rounder over a winded Lesnar.

Head says Lesnar on top, Barnett eating lunch boxes!

Back