Bruce Lee Versus Wong Jack Man in BIRTH OF THE DRAGON Trailer

Like somebody posted before look good till the chessy techno music and fake ass fighting began. Also agree on something posted before, they overselling the actual fight.

onepunch_pride.gif

It probably look like this.
Bruce Lee obviously is the one in red trunks.

I miss the days when I would be legitimately excited fir a movie like this.

Like somebody posted before look good till the chessy techno music and fake ass fighting began. Also agree on something posted before, they overselling the actual fight.

onepunch_pride.gif

It probably look like this.
Bruce Lee obviously is the one in red trunks.

From what I've read, it was fairly unimpressive affair. Lee won it, but gassed badly in the process.This was one of the reasons he placed such an emphasis on conditioning in his later training.

I miss the days when I would be legitimately excited fir a movie like this.

This made me think for a few moments.

Hollywood has dissapointed audiences thousands of times over that we've become wise to their shit.

Make a great trailer.
Put asses in seats.
Dissapoint audiences.
Fuck it, we already got their money.

This made me think for a few moments.

Hollywood has dissapointed audiences thousands of times over that we've become wise to their shit.

Make a great trailer.
Put asses in seats.
Dissapoint audiences.
Fuck it, we already got their money.
Partly this and partly how completely sucked in to the martial arts films I was in the 80's and 90's.

Just saw the movie the birth of Bruce lee. What do you guys think? Who won it?

Bruce lee is all hype no substance when it comes to his fights.

Was this the shitty movie where the white student was the main character?

From what I've read, it was fairly unimpressive affair. Lee won it, but gassed badly in the process.This was one of the reasons he placed such an emphasis on conditioning in his later training.

Yeah, it seems like those who were involved in it & those who witnessed it all gave differing accounts of the fight. Lee's wife Linda, of course, had Bruce submitting Wong Jack Man with punches after about five minutes. While Wong Jack Man recalls the contest being relatively even after 20 minutes of battle. Whatever the case may be, there's no doubt that it was the catalyst for Lee to modify his training approach to a more cardio heavy one as he admitted to gassing badly during the fight & it led to his eventual creation of Jeet Kune Do as he realized that his Jun Fan Gung Fu ( which was still primarily Wing Chun ) was too limited.

I have an old vhs documentary/training vid of his that has him kicking that bag on his porch to the ceiling.

And some really good sparring training with chuck on there too

Looks extremely dumb. Also, Bruce Lee did not have that hairstyle at that time and I am sure Wong Jack Man didn't fight in an orange dress.
I imagine the real life fight looked extremely sloppy.
leaked footage of rehearsals
MammothBigheartedHamster-small.gif

DeliciousDistantAffenpinscher-size_restricted.gif

Spoken like someone that's never seen his training videos.

Some of them are theatrics, like one one-inch punch, which is merely a push to someone standing straight up, but his amazing speed is deniable.
His film speed?
In those old movies, actors actually had to move slow for camera to be able to capture them.
He was just moving normally. His speed was nothing extraordinary for a man his size, weight and training.
Still, someone like Matt Mitrione would KO him dead in under 10 seconds and a BJJ bluebelt of his weight would choke him out in under a minute.
So, yeah, there is absolutely no evidence of Bruce Lee being an ass kicker.
He was an actor.
An actor.
Repeat after me: an actor.
Actors are good at acting.
If you think he was amazing, then guys like Statham, Jet Li or Chuck Norris should be champions of the God Mars with Keanu and Boyka being avatars of the God of War.
In this day and age, people who think Bruce Lee was the shit, belong to the same breed of people who believe the earth is flat.
His philosophy of mixing different styles was nothing new. Sambo predates any and all of his "revolutionary" thinking for 40 years, just to give One example.

I have an old vhs documentary/training vid of his that has him kicking that bag on his porch to the ceiling.

And some really good sparring training with chuck on there too
No you dont. There are no video with Bruce and Chuck sparring

i thought that fight was like 3 minutes long, a one sided beat down and over the privilege to teach the white man.

Thats Bruce side.

Bruce Lee went and rewrote his trainning methods after that fight, so his version doesnt make 100% sense.

No you dont. There are no video with Bruce and Chuck sparring
Yes yes there is and I have it.

It on an old vhs. I’ll have to dig it out and digitize it but I have it.

It’s home movie backyard training footage just like the bag on his porch.

I e watched it thousands of times when I was younger

I also had the Tao of Jeet Kune Do, my buddie did too.

We tried to teach ourselves Jeet Kune Do when we were teens and fed up with our McDojo Karate class.

His film speed?
In those old movies, actors actually had to move slow for camera to be able to capture them.
He was just moving normally. His speed was nothing extraordinary for a man his size, weight and training.
Still, someone like Matt Mitrione would KO him dead in under 10 seconds and a BJJ bluebelt of his weight would choke him out in under a minute.
So, yeah, there is absolutely no evidence of Bruce Lee being an ass kicker.
He was an actor.
An actor.
Repeat after me: an actor.
Actors are good at acting.
If you think he was amazing, then guys like Statham, Jet Li or Chuck Norris should be champions of the God Mars with Keanu and Boyka being avatars of the God of War.
In this day and age, people who think Bruce Lee was the shit, belong to the same breed of people who believe the earth is flat.
His philosophy of mixing different styles was nothing new. Sambo predates any and all of his "revolutionary" thinking for 40 years, just to give One example.
He BECAME an actor, he started off life as a martial artist and opened his own schools FIRST.

While he didn’t fight in the UFC, I wouldn’t rank him with a STRAIGHT actor, like so many want to do.

Oh and you know chuck actually was a kickboxing champion right? As well as JVCD

Yes yes there is and I have it.

It on an old vhs. I’ll have to dig it out and digitize it but I have it.

It’s home movie backyard training footage just like the bag on his porch.

I e watched it thousands of times when I was younger

I also had the Tao of Jeet Kune Do, my buddie did too.

We tried to teach ourselves Jeet Kune Do when we were teens and fed up with our McDojo Karate class.

Nope. No video of them two training together

Back