Bruno Frazatto - The Impassable Guard Formula (Official Thread)

Digitsu

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, it's been a while, but we are back to basics. We got to a point that we lost the "soul" of what Digitsu is all about. We started this company to provide a way to connect with the jiu jitsu community and provide value through high quality, high production instructionals at a fair affordable price. We lost sight of this by trying to compete with all that is around us. But now we have a clear vision of what we want to be and where we want to go. Thank you for your years of support.

We officially launch Bruno Frazatto - The Impassable Guard Formula. This instructional is all about guard recovery/retention. Bruno Frazatto goes through all of his favorite solo and partner drills, retention concepts and situational techniques that made his guard one of the toughest pass in Jiu Jitsu.

We are setting up this thread so that people can stay up to date with previews, questions/answers, promo codes, reviews (positive and negative) about this instructional.

To start, please use this special promo code to save 10% off the lowest posted price: FrazattoSherdog10
The promo code will only last until 8/15/2019.

r9lvq4cbgkd31.jpg

Attachments

• FB-AD.jpg
    FB-AD.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 2
Looks good.

I liked his long step instructional.

This is an example of what "concepts" will be covered in the instructional.

I like Bruno's stuff. Bought the long step seminar as well as his guard passing instructional.

I will be getting this one soon.

I have probably every DVD Bruno has ever put out. My favorite part about his Dvds is that he usually talks about common mistakes that people make in the move he is teaching. This was missing a little bit in the passing encyclopedia so I hope is there in this DVD. I also like how he'll rank items of importance like"you can use this grip or that grip as long as you do this" which helps integrate when different people teach the same topic.

Thank you everyone for the support.

I have probably every DVD Bruno has ever put out. My favorite part about his Dvds is that he usually talks about common mistakes that people make in the move he is teaching. This was missing a little bit in the passing encyclopedia so I hope is there in this DVD. I also like how he'll rank items of importance like"you can use this grip or that grip as long as you do this" which helps integrate when different people teach the same topic.

This instructional is structured a little differently than his others. He starts off with individual solo movements that make up an entire warm-up/drilling sequence. Then he transitions to partner drills so that you can feel and react to your partner's movements. Again, he breaks down the individual components that make up a whole drilling sequence.

After that, he goes into some concepts that will help prevent your hips from being smashed. Finally the remainder of the instructional, he goes into countering/recovering from specific guards and "what if" scenarios.

I got this the other day. It's not mentioned anywhere on the front of the Digitsu site, you have to search for it, but it's there.

As mentioned it's divided into solo drills, pair drills, defense against different passes, defense from specific guards.

There is some overlap in material from the AOJ website but it's easier to find here.

Bruno shows all the moves with excellent explanations and you get his trademark "common mistakes". Explanations have details without being too short or too long.

Between learning from the AOJ website and from training a tiny bit at ATOS schools,I can say the moves on here work. If you did the solo and partner drills enough, eventually they all become your reactions. the material on the solo drills and partner drills is not such that you can just do it once or twice you really have to replace your current warm ups. I think that can be hard unless you are running the class yourself but the stuff does work.

Bruno does not discuss recovery from every single guard, so for maximum value be sure you play the guards he does.

Overall excellent material with great explanations. really shows how to implement guard retention from the ATOS/AOJ style.

Back