Buakaw joined BKFC( bare knucle boxing)

Also making a return to Rajadamnern
Whoa. A Times Square billboard? Seems like they're making a big push on the RWS thing to really break out Muay Thai. Does anyone know if this is going to be viewable in the US aside from the normal mix of random things here and there on youtube and instagram., etc?

Whoa. A Times Square billboard? Seems like they're making a big push on the RWS thing to really break out Muay Thai. Does anyone know if this is going to be viewable in the US aside from the normal mix of random things here and there on youtube and instagram., etc?

Turns out the Rajadamnern show is also the BKFC show so I guess it will be some sort of PPV?

Wait didn't Leduc say he's going to fight Buakow in bareknuckle?

Is this what this is?

Wait didn't Leduc say he's going to fight Buakow in bareknuckle?

Is this what this is?
I think that would sell like crazy, Leduc is the most hated fighter in kickfighting and Buakaw is perhaps the most beloved. I doubt they fly him in from Turkey though.

Why would Buakaw go into bare knuckle boxing when the boxing aspect of his striking was by far the worst? This will not end well.

I think that would sell like crazy, Leduc is the most hated fighter in kickfighting and Buakaw is perhaps the most beloved. I doubt they fly him in from Turkey though.

That would be kind of awesome. Does Leduc even train still?

He talks a ton of shit but I saw on Leduc's instagram he basically accepted a bareknuckle fight with him but didn't say what promotion it was. So if this actually happens I'm kinda into it.

Why would Buakaw go into bare knuckle boxing when the boxing aspect of his striking was by far the worst? This will not end well.
I thought the same. Gabriel Varga, though nonplussed by BKFC Buakaw, had a video on Buakaw's hand skills. I can't know that he's not cherry picking, but I'm a varga superfan and completely trust him on fight IQ stuff so if he's coming around I say I am too.

the main question for me is: What happened with all star fight? this promotion was made to buakaw fight, he fought all the editions, could they bankrupt cause covid?
Wasn't it a Thai military promoted event? I guess change of politics.

They brag a lot about this guy or that guy being signed but rarely are they signed for more than one fight. They have been pushing for their fights in Thailand.

BKFC putting roots in Thailand as even with medics present death is more likely to occur, Bare knuckle was a major sport in early America, there is real reasons it was banned and gloves were introduced. It will always have its fans but will always have its dangers. I think sports should be kept safe, and bare knuckles should be left for real life situations, when one must protect one's life.

BKFC putting roots in Thailand as even with medics present death is more likely to occur, Bare knuckle was a major sport in early America, there is real reasons it was banned and gloves were introduced. It will always have its fans but will always have its dangers. I think sports should be kept safe, and bare knuckles should be left for real life situations, when one must protect one's life.
I've never cared for BKFC (although I'll actually get this one). Just on a sports level I find it uninteresting. But from a danger perspective is it that different than the Thai Fight events where they wrap the hands in rope? My first inclination is that bare knuckle might be less dangerous insofar as the rope doesn't seem to offer much protection for the one getting hit but protects the hitters hands so they can throw more. (I won't die on this hill, thats just my first impression.) Also no elbows, knees etc.

I don't see how it's more dangerous or deadly than standard boxing where people punch each other full force in the head for 12 rounds and can hit even harder than bare Knuckle because there is less risk of breaking their hands thanks for the padding of the gloves.

Bare Knuckle only does more superficial damage such as cuts, gashes and broken face bones or ribs but I don't think it's more lethal or dangerous in terms of overall brain damage etc.

I feel like fighters get knocked out much easier with MMA gloves than with boxing gloves. At least when comparing conventional Muay That to Muay Thai in MMA gloves. Not sure about bareknuckle.

More chance of someone dying or getting brain damage in boxing than in BKFC.

I've never cared for BKFC (although I'll actually get this one). Just on a sports level I find it uninteresting. But from a danger perspective is it that different than the Thai Fight events where they wrap the hands in rope? My first inclination is that bare knuckle might be less dangerous insofar as the rope doesn't seem to offer much protection for the one getting hit but protects the hitters hands so they can throw more. (I won't die on this hill, thats just my first impression.) Also no elbows, knees etc.
As I understand it Thai Fight has padded gloves under the rope. It's mainly just for looks.

Reactions: MT5
Back