Buakaw joined BKFC( bare knucle boxing)

BKFC putting roots in Thailand as even with medics present death is more likely to occur, Bare knuckle was a major sport in early America, there is real reasons it was banned and gloves were introduced. It will always have its fans but will always have its dangers. I think sports should be kept safe, and bare knuckles should be left for real life situations, when one must protect one's life.
The original no holds barred fighting that was popular in early america was all about eye gouging and biting. The participants used to grow and file their nails to a point to help with eye gouging. Bare knuckle boxing when they can't wrap their hands or wrists is probably less dangerous than boxing or mma gloves. Nearly all deaths from striking arts are caused by internal head trauma and wrapping hands and having some padding helps the fighters punch harder and more often. Only difference with mma glives as opposed to boxing gloves is more shots get through. But a twelve round boxing match is probably the worst thing for your brain.

Huh. Interesting. My van Damme "Kickboxer" illusion is shattered!
Their is of course the real Kard Chuek fights between Thailand and Myanmar every year however, which use just the rope hand wraps.

Reactions: MT5
The original no holds barred fighting that was popular in early america was all about eye gouging and biting. The participants used to grow and file their nails to a point to help with eye gouging. Bare knuckle boxing when they can't wrap their hands or wrists is probably less dangerous than boxing or mma gloves. Nearly all deaths from striking arts are caused by internal head trauma and wrapping hands and having some padding helps the fighters punch harder and more often. Only difference with mma glives as opposed to boxing gloves is more shots get through. But a twelve round boxing match is probably the worst thing for your brain.
You always had bad apples but this was not what early Bare Knuckle boxing was about.

Yeah, the push is on in Thailand. As I live there, I am not very happy about it.

Yeah, the push is on in Thailand. As I live there, I am not very happy about it.
The perfect hybrid is muay thai in mma gloves imo. Which one fc and loads of other promotions in thailand already do.

Depends what they do with him honestly. I don't watch BKFC but i know Mendes signed for them recently and he's at 70kg now i think, and then the champ at 70kg is 7-0 in BKFC, so i just don't know how much success Buakaw can expect to have really.

Maybe like Monte said it's just gonna be showcase fights to help grow the BKFC brand.

Mmmm Buakaw would destroy Mendes at boxing.

I hope they have Buakaw do kickboxing bare knuckle

I don't see how it's more dangerous or deadly than standard boxing where people punch each other full force in the head for 12 rounds and can hit even harder than bare Knuckle because there is less risk of breaking their hands thanks for the padding of the gloves.

Bare Knuckle only does more superficial damage such as cuts, gashes and broken face bones or ribs but I don't think it's more lethal or dangerous in terms of overall brain damage etc.
I heard that there are less head shots and more body shots so that may be better for the brain but from the fights that I've seen with bare knuckle people have broken orbitals and stuff.

Yes 12 rounds boxing is the worst, 85% shots to the head. Kickboxina got a way more diverse atack and Action divide. Brain damage is the biggest problem.

Not that I don't like boxing it's just the toughest damage wise.

No gloves however means more skin damage

Buakaw won. Who was the opponent?

Not claiming anything, but that whole fight seemed strange and suspect to me.

Varol is very over the hill, fight was as expected really.

Varol just using the Bob Sapp strategy, swing for the fences for half a round and if you havent won yet find a way out.

Not claiming anything, but that whole fight seemed strange and suspect to me.

Buakaw always had a very underrated hook to the body. Looked weak, but so did the midsection of Varol.

Buakaw always had a very underrated hook to the body. Looked weak, but so did the midsection of Varol.
Not necessarily the shot that took him out but just the vibe of it. Like that guy came out and threw a few shots fairly successfully and then just stopped. Not saying it was a dive just seemed weird. Was a pretty shitty quality video I watched though.

Not necessarily the shot that took him out but just the vibe of it. Like that guy came out and threw a few shots fairly successfully and then just stopped. Not saying it was a dive just seemed weird. Was a pretty shitty quality video I watched though.
He knew it was just a matter of time until he gets knocked out

Back