Bullet Train (movie)

eddymotto

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I could not find a recent thread on this movie.

Just saw it in IMAX.

The set up is pretty simple - a bunch of assassins with competing objectives discover that they are all sharing a ride of the aforementioned Bullet Train from Tokyo to Kyoto.

Large ensemble cast with Brad Pitt as the notable star.

Black humour. Over the top violence. Cheeky self -referential vibe.

About 55% on RT.

My Overall Rating: 7/10.

Movie mostly delivers what you are there for. Definitely a genre flick. Nothing ground breaking & a long way from a classic but it is mostly a fun ride (no pun). Pitt is living it up. There are lots of fun twists and turns. My group all enjoyed it. Probably would have been well served to cut about 10 minutes from the run time.

If you like the trailer, you will probably like the movie.

btw - I have read the book that the movie is based on. True to the spirit of the book but the movie has a better ending.

Cheers for the reminder. Like the look of this but didn't realise it was released

I’ll watch this on my next plane trip....good for a time killer.

I quite liked it, but the dark humor leans into my own sense of humor a lot. Surprised it didn't do as well, but can't win them all I suppose.

I quite liked it, but the dark humor leans into my own sense of humor a lot. Surprised it didn't do as well, but can't win them all I suppose.

even with very limited competition, it really never took off

glad you liked it

It was a decent watch. I wasn't amazed by it or anything and wouldn't be in a rush to see it again. Nice colours and something of a Guy Richie vibe at times with the dialogue

I saw it in theaters a few weeks ago.
Over the top action, whacky scenes and plot twists.
I enjoyed and agree with a rating of 7/10

7-8 for me.

Mr. Lemon and Mr. Tangerine made it for me.

That and all that build up for Bad Bunny's character just to have that fight scene got me good.

I thought the movie was great, hovering around an 8/10, at times very close to a 9. It felt like some random filler could've been cut and it would've helped, the pace was good but towards the end it kept going.

The Lemon/Tangerine characters were great and considering how over the top they were they also provided good emotional moments.

Everything about the movie SHOULD have been awesome, but it all fell flat. I think it was just straight up bad direction.

Back