Bullet Train (movie)

I just watched this movie.

It was fun, stylish and interesting. Definitely felt a little like a Guy Ritchie or Tarentino type, over the top, gangster movie.

I would give it a 7/10. I really liked Brad Pitt in this movie!

6/10 from me…I found most of the characters annoying and too many attempts at humour that fell flat.

6/10 from me…I found most of the characters annoying and too many attempts at humour that fell flat.

Yeah, I thought the east London accent of the twins was a little over the top and they were hamming it up a bit. They were almost caricatures at times.

But, Brad Pitt’s character was funny. He kept wanting to quit violence and assassin lifestyle and couldn’t get away from it. It was hilarious at times!

It's ironic Zazie Beetz is in this and Ladybug basically has Domino's powers

Probably 7/10 for me too

this movie is STILL playing at my local theatre.

theatres are dying to get some new movie inventory

Very derivative
Very entertaining

Fun flick. Unpretentious stylized violence with no other purpose than to be mindless entertainment. Labybug and the twins carried the whole thing for me and the casting was spot on except for White Death. But that didn't detract from the fun. 7.5 or somewhere around there. No turds.

Haven't even seen it, but "Money Train" is a better train movie - possibly GOAT.

If you guys give this lower tier train movie good enough reviews though, I'll give it a chance.

It was a fun movie. Felt very much like they were trying to fuse the sensibilities of Ritchie and Matt Vaughan (the presence of Pitt and ATJ only added to that).

Not everything was a hit (some of the humor and the stylistic elements fell flat at times) but I thought it was entertaining. Pitt’s typical comedic timing was on point and ATJ and Brian Tyree Henry had good chemistry as the hit men.

Worth a watch for sure.

Decent fun popcorn movie. Taylor-Johnson was great and it shows why that role also landed him Kraven the hunter.
And WTF did Bullock do to her face??????????????

Haven't even seen it, but "Money Train" is a better train movie - possibly GOAT.

If you guys give this lower tier train movie good enough reviews though, I'll give it a chance.

I love Money train, but not actually that heavy on train scenes, I would say Train to Busan is the train movie GOAT

I love Money train, but not actually that heavy on train scenes, I would say Train to Busan is the train movie GOAT

Runaway Train is the best of all train action movies and was up for a few Oscars.

I couldn't wait to watch this, but as I sat through it, it just didn't work for me....felt like Pitt was going through the motions, too much forced humor, way more style than substance. 6/10

Watched it this weekend. Idk, it was entertaining, but I have the feeling I won't even remember it next week.

55% RT is pretty low for the movie. I was entertained by it. They should have put in less comedy and more Anime stuff.

I hated this movie and couldn’t wait for it to finish, didn’t find it funny and could barely keep up with what was going on

I could not find a recent thread on this movie.

Just saw it in IMAX.

The set up is pretty simple - a bunch of assassins with competing objectives discover that they are all sharing a ride of the aforementioned Bullet Train from Tokyo to Kyoto.

Large ensemble cast with Brad Pitt as the notable star.

Black humour. Over the top violence. Cheeky self -referential vibe.

About 55% on RT.

My Overall Rating: 7/10.

Movie mostly delivers what you are there for. Definitely a genre flick. Nothing ground breaking & a long way from a classic but it is mostly a fun ride (no pun). Pitt is living it up. There are lots of fun twists and turns. My group all enjoyed it. Probably would have been well served to cut about 10 minutes from the run time.

If you like the trailer, you will probably like the movie.

btw - I have read the book that the movie is based on. True to the spirit of the book but the movie has a better ending.

I thought it was BRILLIANT. It was so much damned fun. Really stick your critique on the shelf and love it for what it is.

If it's not filled with strange Japanese business men smoking like chimney's it's not a real bullet train........

Back