Law Bunker Boy to sue CNN for half a BILLION dollars

I guess thats all you need to hate him and make an implication that you would be happy if something bad happened to him. Amirite commrade?
That might seem normal now, but it can't be healthy. Can it?

I wonder how much his lawyers required upfront. He's going to lose because CNN is a journalism entity and he's a public figure plus opinion pieces. So I hope the attorneys are billing him directly and not waiting on a contingency fee.

I'm willing to bet that he only filed this because the MyPillow guy is being forced to defend himself for defamation.

Pretty sure the President of the United States is the least protected person on Earth when it comes to libel and slander, by design.

This seems dead on arrival.

Pretty sure he already hit 1-66 when he lost his lawsuit against Hillary the other week.

Anyway...

• Insurrectionist. Do we really need to go into details here?
  • Racist. His entire rise to fame in politics was built off of the racist birther lie.
  • Russian lackey. Remember the Helsinki Summit when he took Putin's side over his own intel agencies? Remember the day after he fired Comey he invited 2 Russian spies into the oval office and we only found out because they released the photos? Remember Jr. receiving emails explicitly stating the Russian government was helping his dad? Remember Trump simultaneously running for POTUS while trying to get Trump Tower Moscow done, which could only be done so with Putin's approval?
  • Comparing him to Hitler. Remember when people were walking around with Nazi flags and shouting Nazi slogans and Trump called them very fine people?

lol correct.

Fuck Trump.

Hope he wins.

Then Rittenhouse.

Then Rogan goes after them for horse dewormer.
I understand your sentiments. But I do have some concerns. The media should be the fourth estate. They shouldn't be buddy-buddy with politicians. They should be objective and neutral to a large extent, but also antagonistic if need be. The media should be adversarial towards someone like Trump because he is a potential danger to democracy. And if there were a demagogue like that on the left who was in power, that should also be the case.

It's not good if we set precedents where the media is more likely to be cowed by those in power. Public people, especially powerful politicians, should have little protections from the media. A more private citizen like Rittenhouse is a different story. I didn't like how CNN collaborated with the Warren team to smear Bernie. But since he is a politician in a position of power, I see him as fair game more than an ordinary person like Rittenhouse.

I don't think Trump has a solid case and even he probably knows that. This is a tactic for attention and fundraising. I don't think Joe has much of a case either. He's a public personality and they gave themselves enough wiggle room. Rittenhouse probably has the best case, and as a private citizen, he deserves more protections from the media and has more expectations of privacy. I don't think it'd be a good precedent if either Trump or Rogan successfully sued CNN. Especially Trump.

Fuck Trump.

Hope he wins.

Then Rittenhouse.

Then Rogan goes after them for horse dewormer.

This is the real threat to freedom of speech in the country. Not just ridiculous lawsuits by the former president against the media for allowing people to criticize him but the fact that people who think of themselves as pro-freedom-of-speech happily defend it. @jeremyemilio

He is using it to raise more money. He is the only “rich” dude I know that constantly begs people just to give him money.
Guess the bailout that aggravated you guys so much didn’t actually happen?

This is the real threat to freedom of speech in the country. Not just ridiculous lawsuits by the former president against the media for allowing people to criticize him but the fact that people who think of themselves as pro-freedom-of-speech happily defend it. @jeremyemilio

^^^

Guy who has asked for people to be banned for "lying" about him.

I don't understand the 'bunker boy' insult. The left rioted so much they got a sitting President to head to his bunker. Had it been the other way around, the left would be calling those right-wing rioters terrorists. What gives?

This lawsuit is an absolute joke. A fundraising stunt.

I understand your sentiments. But I do have some concerns. The media should be the fourth estate. They shouldn't be buddy-buddy with politicians. They should be objective and neutral to a large extent, but also antagonistic if need be. The media should be adversarial towards someone like Trump because he is a potential danger to democracy. And if there were a demagogue like that on the left who was in power, that should also be the case.

It's not good if we set precedents where the media is more likely to be cowed by those in power. Public people, especially powerful politicians, should have little protections from the media. A more private citizen like Rittenhouse is a different story. I didn't like how CNN collaborated with the Warren team to smear Bernie. But since he is a politician in a position of power, I see him as fair game more than an ordinary person like Rittenhouse.

I don't think Trump has a solid case and even he probably knows that. This is a tactic for attention and fundraising. I don't think Joe has much of a case either. He's a public personality and they gave themselves enough wiggle room. Rittenhouse probably has the best case, and as a private citizen, he deserves more protections from the media and has more expectations of privacy. I don't think it'd be a good precedent if either Trump or Rogan successfully sued CNN. Especially Trump.
I've written plenty of paragraphs on the value of an independent media. I get it.

But. And this is a big but, outright lies can not be ignored by those claiming to be trusted sources of information. Is the pen mightier than the word or not? Is journalistic integrity something or not?

Asking the media to be held accountable isn't censorship or cancel culture, nor should integrity be a situational thing. Especially by those wielding so much power. This conversation bleeds over to the social media realm as well. It can't be boiled down to simplistic components such as elected officials are fair game to be lied about.

Trump is a piece of shit no doubt. Him an Clinton are the 2 scummiest potus us has had I csn remember. Difference is Clinton was a decent potus.

That said if a news station can be sued for those things he actually has a case. I just cant imagine a political person in the spotlight can actually sue for this. If he can he could win but it would drastically change how news stations work. An would open pandoras box for a plethora of more suits on both sides.

I've written plenty of paragraphs on the value of an independent media. I get it.

But. And this is a big but, outright lies can not be ignored by those claiming to be trusted sources of information. Is the pen mightier than the word or not? Is journalistic integrity something or not?

Asking the media to be held accountable isn't censorship or cancel culture, nor should integrity be a situational thing. Especially by those wielding so much power. This conversation bleeds over to the social media realm as well. It can't be boiled down to simplistic components such as elected officials are fair game to be lied about.

What are the lies supposed to be? It's a ridiculously frivolous suit, and hoping for it to win is hoping that no news media should be able to cover (Republican) politicians in a way they don't like.

Trump is a piece of shit no doubt. Him an Clinton are the 2 scummiest potus us has had I csn remember. Difference is Clinton was a decent potus.

That said if a news station can be sued for those things he actually has a case. I just cant imagine a political person in the spotlight can actually sue for this. If he can he could win but it would drastically change how news stations work. An would open pandoras box for a plethora of more suits on both sides.

It pretty much comes down to how much leeway you want to give billion dollar "news" corporations to inject their own opinions into their programming, and present it as "news".

Personally, I think there's a big danger in allowing such companies to operate as such, spread "lies" and hide behind "free press" as they do it. However, I can also see the other side of the equation, and it's equally as troubling. This has to be self-policed in some way, or else it's a free for all with no consequences...and then the government steps in, which is never good in the long run.

They should be held responsible for just flat out making shit up. News needs to be held to the highest standards
Well, held to a basic standard at least. One that they consistently failed and to that with bias and malice.

I don’t have a problem with this lawsuit.

I don't understand the 'bunker boy' insult. The left rioted so much they got a sitting President to head to his bunker. Had it been the other way around, the left would be calling those right-wing rioters terrorists. What gives?
Same people that called Rittenhouse a pussy and said he should have taken his beating like a man and risked getting killed by a charging angry mob instead of shooting a pedophile.

Also the same people that call some people forming an orderly queue and being led into a building by some cops insurrectionists.

And the best part is they want to be taken seriously.

So are you a liar or did you seriously not know by now that this is a lie?
That kid is fucking brainwashed and delusional to levels unforeseen by anyone other than Yuri. He still thinks Tina Fey is Sarah Palin and that Trump called all Mexicans rapists and murders.

Shoes the power the MSM propaganda machine has over low-IQ self hating weirdos

Back