News Cédric Doumbé officially cut from the UFC…

Yeah the French commission failed big time preventing Doumbé from making his UFC debut in France due to that rule.
According to their rules, someone <10 pro MMA bouts can’t fight someone with more than 4 MMA bouts than he got himself. When someone has 10 or more fights he can fight whoever he wants to fight. I will explain to you how it works below:

The originally scheduled Cédric Doumbé - Darian Weeks fight is off because Doumbé is an Elite 2 fighter in France (<10 fights, someone with 10 fights or more is an Elite 1 fighter), which means he can only fight against someone with no more than 6 MMA fights, since Doumbé has a MMA-record of 2-0.
Weeks got 7 fights, so the fight is not allowed to take place.

Weeks ‘only’ has 7 pro bouts (his amateur MMA-career not included). Doumbé got 2 MMA fights, but is a very experienced kickboxer.
Imo there should be no issues sanctioning this fight, unfortunately I’m not the French sanctioning body…

I agree that it’s a good rule to prevent guys from padding their records, but there should be exceptions for guys like Doumbé, Pereira, etc. who are very experienced/accomplished in other combat sports.
For example:
5-1 Alex Pereira KO’d 25-3 Sean Strickland inside 3 minutes despite a huge gap in ‘MMA’ experience.

I hope so bud
Thank You for explaining the details.
It's crazy how there such extremes in regulation - French commission is being super careful while elsewhere, Bigfoot Silva is getting booked deslite being knocked out 9 times in a row.

Last edited:
KSW is way better for Doumbe. He would have gotten his anus kicked in the UFC.

Ksw or Ufc is no big deal, he needs to get mma fights under his belt.
Ends up in the ufc anyway if he does what he does best.
Cause the mfucker is crazy talented at the end of the day

KSW is way better for Doumbe. He would have gotten his anus kicked in the UFC.
Except that's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
If he was one of Daddy Dana's chosen boys he would have been just fine getting fed cans for a few years.
But he clearly wasn't and they'll sign some mediocre muffintop instead that costs Dana's accounting department less money.

Yeah the French commission failed big time preventing Doumbé from making his UFC debut in France due to that rule.
According to their rules, someone <10 pro MMA bouts can’t fight someone with more than 4 MMA bouts than he got himself. When someone has 10 or more fights he can fight whoever he wants to fight. I will explain to you how it works below:

The originally scheduled Cédric Doumbé - Darian Weeks fight is off because Doumbé is an Elite 2 fighter in France (<10 fights, someone with 10 fights or more is an Elite 1 fighter), which means he can only fight against someone with no more than 6 MMA fights, since Doumbé has a MMA-record of 2-0.
Weeks got 7 fights, so the fight is not allowed to take place.

Weeks ‘only’ has 7 pro bouts (his amateur MMA-career not included). Doumbé got 2 MMA fights, but is a very experienced kickboxer.
Imo there should be no issues sanctioning this fight, unfortunately I’m not the French sanctioning body…

I agree that it’s a good rule to prevent guys from padding their records, but there should be exceptions for guys like Doumbé, Pereira, etc. who are very experienced/accomplished in other combat sports.
For example:
5-1 Alex Pereira KO’d 25-3 Sean Strickland inside 3 minutes despite a huge gap in ‘MMA’ experience.

I hope so bud

That is mental. Just let them fkin bang man

Except that's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
If he was one of Daddy Dana's chosen boys he would have been just fine getting fed cans for a few years.
But he clearly wasn't and they'll sign some mediocre muffintop instead that costs Dana's accounting department less money.
They'd protect him for a year or so, but he'd have to fight someone tough sooner than later if they wanted to snake him into the main event scene.

Even a cherry picked high rank opponent is going to be hard for Doumbe. He hasnt been doing MMA for that long compared to someone like Alex Peirera.

One thing is the French Commission having a ruling. It's a decent ruling that needs to be a little bit more flexible.
The other is the UFC cutting the guy because they only wanted him because he is French/Cameroon. Would have been a solid addition to the roster imo. Hopefully he isn't tied down to KSW for too long and gains the experience he needs to grow and eventually make it back there

He's a big mouth who claims he can beat everyone and blabla.. Now eat this humble pie and go to work

Well the UFC has nothing to do with sanctioning fighters. And maybe they met with this guy’s manager/agent and came to a mutual agreement to let him gain more experience in the minors?

This is the second post tonight mentioning Punk, when the situations are nothing alike. Not just two different American commissions involved here. But a foreign country that just legalized mma. Kinda odd fellas.
They are very similar situations. The UFC cut him because he was having sanctioning issues by the French MMA Federation due to “lack of experience”.

whereas CM punk was sanctioned and given a contract with literally zero experience.

makes no sense to sanction a complete amateur for a pro fight, while a pro fighter with tons of experience cannot get sanctioned.

They are very similar situations. The UFC cut him because he was having sanctioning issues by the French MMA Federation due to “lack of experience”.

whereas CM punk was sanctioned and given a contract with literally zero experience.

makes no sense to sanction a complete amateur for a pro fight, while a pro fighter with tons of experience cannot get sanctioned.

It's done by entirely different sanctioning bodies. That isn't hypocrisy then. It's not like the French have to bow down to the precedent laid out by Illinois.

KSW is a main stream promotion. He's locked with them for the long term. I doubt he ever signs with the UFC now.

Why? Did he sign a lifetime contract with KSW?

It's done by entirely different sanctioning bodies. That isn't hypocrisy then. It's not like the French have to bow down to the precedent laid out by Illinois.
Yeah of course I know that they are different sanctioning bodies. But the fact remains the same that an amateur with zero experience was sanctioned, by a governing body, while a pro fighter was not.

and the UFC decided to cut him over it.

Back