Elections CA Recall: Free and Fair?

shankmcgank

Beep/Boop/Bop
@Black
Reaction score
It seems no matter what side wins an American election, the other side always cries "foul".

We've really seen it in the last 2 Presidential elections in 2016 and 2020. From Democrats harassing Trump on Russia and Ukraine to the Jan. 6th incident and Trump's claim of unproven "election fraud" in 2020.

My prediction is that no matter what side wins, the losing side will start the excuses with "fraud", "hackers", "invalid ballots" "ballot harvesting", "ballot box stuffing", "Russia", "China" or something similar.

Of course, the victorious side will claim it was a "free and fair" election.

Just wondering if my fellow Sherbros on both sides of the aisle, and the ones in the middle, agree that no matter who wins, the losers will claim that the election was "stolen" / "hacked" / "invalid".

If that's the case, will America EVER see a "free and fair" election again? And what will this bode for the future of American elections?

Newsome is a failed leader. He's ran California further into the ground. Time to kick Pelosi's nephew out of office, I really don't care who replaces him anything would be better.

If people cry foul I can care less.

The guy got voted in by the majority, let him finish his term and vote someone else in. Recall elections are stupid, you end up with someone who was not voted in by the majority. I voted no on the recall.

To answer the question, I think the election will be fine. The right wingers are already saying the fix is in due to mail in ballots.

Newsome is a failed leader. He's ran California further into the ground. Time to kick Pelosi's nephew out of office, I really don't care who replaces him anything would be better.

But shouldn't you care if people cry "foul"???

It seems to me that the more people question election results, the less confidence people have that the elections are above board and are "free and fair". Aren't "free and fair," elections one of the cornerstones of democracy?

Eroded confidence in election results would greatly impact voter turnout imo - afterall, why bother to vote if you think the election is rigged from the start?

Can't we just go back to the good ole days of Hanging Chads in Florida, were the only real consequnces would be illegal wars based on manufactured intelligence lies, resulting in the entire dismantling of the middle East.

But shouldn't you care if people cry "foul"???

It seems to me that the more people question election results, the less confidence people have that the elections are above board and are "free and fair". Aren't "free and fair," elections one of the cornerstones of democracy?

Eroded confidence in election results would greatly impact voter turnout imo - afterall, why bother to vote if you think the election is rigged from the start?
Our democracy is a joke. It's been a joke for a very long time. I never had faith in it from the get go, this changes nothing. We live in an Oligarchy supported by a duopoly, which is why Nancy Pelosi's nephew is our governor right now.

Youre so sure about his job as a governor but you dont know how to spell his name?

Im pretty sure you dont even live in california cause you sound like those that just want to create chaos in California
I've lived in California my entire life, in the Bay Area. Just north of San Francisco where this clown grew up.

But yet you still want what a guy that will get 20% of the vote? Because that seems logical.
Good, maybe it will give someone in a third party a chance. Gavin got more than 20% and the results have been abysmal, so who the fuck cares?

It seems no matter what side wins an American election, the other side always cries "foul".

We've really seen it in the last 2 Presidential elections in 2016 and 2020. From Democrats harassing Trump on Russia and Ukraine to the Jan. 6th incident and Trump's claim of unproven "election fraud" in 2020.

My prediction is that no matter what side wins, the losing side will start the excuses with "fraud", "hackers", "invalid ballots" "ballot harvesting", "ballot box stuffing", "Russia", "China" or something similar.

Of course, the victorious side will claim it was a "free and fair" election.

Just wondering if my fellow Sherbros on both sides of the aisle, and the ones in the middle, agree that no matter who wins, the losers will claim that the election was "stolen" / "hacked" / "invalid".

If that's the case, will America EVER see a "free and fair" election again? And what will this bode for the future of American elections?
You want "free and fair" elections that everyone can trust then voter IDs are what you need. There is absolutely no reason every eligible American citizen isn't issued a unique voter ID. Put a voting center in every school, library and post office. People can scan their cards and vote on whom they want. Voting machines audited prior to and after every election. Written mail in ballot envelopes signed off on by the mail carrier retrieving them.

Every election will be in question until election integrity can be proven without a doubt.

This should be an issue that all parties see to, not a partisan one.

Back