Caffeine is horrible for gains

yekmurat

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I dont know why everybody acts like its good for bodybuilding,It makes body produce more cortizol (which is stress hormone)that is horrible for muscles

Last edited:
I dont know why everybody acts like its good for bodybuilding,It makes body produce more cortizol (which is stress hormone)that is horrible for muscles

Fixating on one effect of a drug will not generally lead to a comprehensive understanding of it's effects. You need to weigh all the factors and see how it balances out. It also can increase performance allowing you to put more load on your muscles for example. So what is the net effect even between just these two factors?

If I miss a workout because I'm tired and sit at home stressing about it to the extent that it will raise my cortisol levels is that more or less productive than poppin a few hundred mg and fuckin some shit up at the gym?

TLDR - Gotta weigh the balance bro.

https://www.verywellmind.com/caffei...eine and stress can both,and give you a boost.

"On the positive side, caffeine has been found to enhance physical performance and endurance if it isn’t overused."

"Enjoy caffeine with physical activity: Caffeine is best ingested before exercise—that way your performance is enhanced and the stress-management benefits of exercise can keep you healthy and feeling less stressed throughout the day."

weeks? couple months? not something I've kept real tight track of over the last 40+ years, I'm curious why you ask ?
I asked because to feel the difference you should quit for at least 20 days after that amount of time your brain doesnt need caffeine anymore and starts working normally.after that you feel the difference

I asked because to feel the difference you should quit for at least 20 days after that amount of time your brain doesnt need caffeine anymore and starts working normally.after that you feel the difference

It may well be true that it takes 20 days to washout but as I understand it your brain doesn't "need" caffeine. I'm not sure what your point is, how does this relate to your original point or what I posted? Seems you are off on a tangent.

You asked a simple question and I gave a simple answer 'it can increase performance'. Caffeine has a bunch of other pro-bodybuilding effects too, I'll leave it to you and google to explore them. Please note I am aware that their are negatives as well but that was not your question.

EDIT - I guess you never technically asked a question, I took it that way though...

Last edited:
It may well be true that it takes 20 days to washout but as I understand it your brain doesn't "need" caffeine. I'm not sure what your point is, how does this relate to your original point or what I posted? Seems you are off on a tangent.

You asked a simple question and I gave a simple answer 'it can increase performance'. Caffeine has a bunch of other pro-bodybuilding effects too, I'll leave it to you and google to explore them. Please note I am aware that their are negatives as well but that was not your question.

EDIT - I guess you never technically asked a question, I took it that way though...
Read the thread title

Read the thread title

I did. I disagree.
What does that have to do with any of your posts after the first one where you said "I don't know why..."? I gave you some reasons why with the intent of helping you to understand but you don't seem to want to understand at all.
You never answered a single one of my questions so what are you trying to do here? Just waste readers time? Get your post count up? Fish for likes?
Do you actually want to understand or are you making a statement that you will stick to no matter what?
Pardon me if english is not your first language but you are not making any sense here.

I did. I disagree.
What does that have to do with any of your posts after the first one where you said "I don't know why..."? I gave you some reasons why with the intent of helping you to understand but you don't seem to want to understand at all.
You never answered a single one of my questions so what are you trying to do here? Just waste readers time? Get your post count up? Fish for likes?
Do you actually want to understand or are you making a statement that you will stick to no matter what?
Pardon me if english is not your first language but you are not making any sense here.
I dont like to talk or wrşte long ı said cortizol is bad for muscles I know caffeine makes u perform better but at the end for gaining muscle and muscle tone not to take caffeine is better

I dont like to talk or wrşte long ı said cortizol is bad for muscles I know caffeine makes u perform better but at the end for gaining muscle and muscle tone not to take caffeine is better

*cortisol (fyi)
So you don' want to understand then, gotcha.

"I know" doesn't hold any weight unless you can back it up. How do you "know" the performance gains don't overcome the cortisol issue at a responsibly used dose of say up to 6mg/kg ? I'll bet you anything you like that you can't prove that. I'll further wager that you do not understand what muscle tone is.

I was sincerely trying to help you out but you've turned this into a comedy now, maybe that was your intention all along? If so you got me congrats.

*cortisol (fyi)
So you don' want to understand then, gotcha.

"I know" doesn't hold any weight unless you can back it up. How do you "know" the performance gains don't overcome the cortisol issue at a responsibly used dose of say up to 6mg/kg ? I'll bet you anything you like that you can't prove that. I'll further wager that you do not understand what muscle tone is.

I was sincerely trying to help you out but you've turned this into a comedy now, maybe that was your intention all along? If so you got me congrats.
Can you talk short?

Lol ı smell weakness from 5000 km

no mystery dumbass, it's coming from between your ears.

The only thing weak here is your comments. If you wish to actually debate the subject cordially i would be glad to do so but I highly doubt you got the balls or the knowledge.

no mystery dumbass, it's coming from between your ears.

The only thing weak here is your comments. If you wish to actually debate the subject cordially i would be glad to do so but I highly doubt you got the balls or the knowledge.
You re a classic keyboard warrior nothing special

You re a classic keyboard warrior nothing special

nah, nice try, no war here, you got nothing to say so you are resorting to a lame tactic like that. If it was a war it wouldn't take long to end you with your stone age weapons. Why would you be scared of a cordial debate if you "know" the subject matter? Just because you are all talk no action doesn't make me a warrior it just makes you a spineless wimp. You started the thread, not me...

nah, nice try, no war here, you got nothing to say so you are resorting to a lame tactic like that. If it was a war it wouldn't take long to end you with your stone age weapons. Why would you be scared of a cordial debate if you "know" the subject matter? Just because you are all talk no action doesn't make me a warrior it just makes you a spineless wimp. You started the thread, not me...
I started the thread and I have a point in my title and 1st post and you say the opposite,I quitted myself and happy with the results and wanted to share,what war?but you try to insult which is impossible

Back