Law California lawmakers are considering a state wide vaccine mandate

Is a state-wide vaccine mandate a good idea?

• Total voters

Diogenes of Sinope

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

“After ceding power to Gov. Gavin Newsom throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, state lawmakers are now considering one of the most politically challenging government mandates yet: requiring Californians to show proof of vaccination to enter many indoor business establishments and forcing workers to get vaccinated or regularly tested.

Democratic legislators leading the conversation at the state Capitol believe mandates provide an opportunity to improve vaccination rates and help lessen the effects of the Delta variant spreading through California.

But the proposal, which is still in draft form and has not been introduced in a bill, requires weighing serious considerations such as enforcement, costs, implementation, the political will of the state Legislature and how such a sweeping statewide mandate could help or hurt Newsom’s chances of beating back a possible recall”

This is pretty ridiculous, and is not going to go over well. What are your thoughts?

The vaccines work to keep people from getting problematicaly sick from it. Just say that if hospitals start getting full in the area, it’s the unvaxxe Covid patients that will be given some DayQuil and told good luck so that others aren’t missing surgeries or cancer treatment because they chose to not get the vaccine.

Shouldn’t force medical treatments on people. But also we can’t keep going out of our way to protect people who don’t think they have anything to be protected against.

Absolutely insane. These vaccines have not completed clinical trials yet. Long term health effects are completely unknown. Just a couple weeks ago, the vax shills here posting studies claiming the vaccines would remain effective for several years. Now, we are told their efficacy is cratering and boosters will be needed every 5 months. No one should be compelled to consent to taking a medication where so little is known about both its efficacy and its safety.

Last edited:
549873.jpg

The vaccines work to keep people from getting problematicaly sick from it. Just say that if hospitals start getting full in the area, it’s the unvaxxe Covid patients that will be given some DayQuil and told good luck so that others aren’t missing surgeries or cancer treatment because they chose to not get the vaccine.

Shouldn’t force medical treatments on people. But also we can’t keep going out of our way to protect people who don’t think they have anything to be protected against.

The vaccines that are being distributed were designed to help with the 1st COVID19 strain. That strain is essentially gone. It does nothing for the mutated variants. Hence, why you need a "booster" which is bullshit. It shouldn't even be called a booster, because it's a completely new formula.

The same the government that we all know is shady as fuck is using you as a political tool to attract others to take the vaccine.

The public should be livid. WTF is wrong with people

It does nothing for the mutated variants.

Thats not at all true. If it did nothing, there would be even number of vaxxed and unvaxxed in the hospital and dying of Covid. Yet the vast majority of both are the unvaxxed, despite the elderly and at risk being over represented in the vaccinated group.

Seems the variants are just easier to break through snd infect someone with a mild sickness, which sucks because then that person can still spread it. But they’re absolutely still offering protection from “more than a cold/flu” and that was my point. To say otherwise is just making shit up.

Things like this are everywhere from every nurse/respiratory therapist I know
6-B75-CFAF-0321-4-D82-8546-B640-A4-D453-EF.jpg

And again, those numbers and that split despite the majority of 70+ year olds or obese diabetics chose to get the vaccine.

Thats not at all true. If it did nothing, there would be even number of vaxxed and unvaxxed in the hospital and dying of Covid. Yet the vast majority of both are the unvaxxed, despite the elderly and at risk being over represented in the vaccinated group.

Seems the variants are just easier to break through snd infect someone with a mild sickness, which sucks because then that person can still spread it. But they’re absolutely still offering protection from “more than a cold/flu” and that was my point. To say otherwise is just making shit up.

And again, those numbers and that split despite the majority of 70+ year olds or obese diabetics chose to get the vaccine.

New data:

USSCalifornia
That's one of my favorite battleships. It sank as a result of Pearl Harbor, but came back to fight another day.

California.jpg

The battleship was seriously damaged during the attack and soon sank in the days that followed. However, her salvage, repair and modernization were completed by the Pearl Harbor and Puget Sound Navy Yards. This was completed in January 1944 and she returned to action, providing heavy gunfire support for the invasions of Saipan, Guam and Tinian during June and July 1944.

The USS California then took part in the Leyte Campaign in October and November of that year, and was part of the Battle of Surigao Strait, the last fight between opposing battleships.

In January 1945, the battleship then participated in the Lingayen Gulf invasion, during which she was damaged by a kamikaze suicide attack. However, the warship remained in action for more than two weeks before heading back to the U.S. for repairs. Quickly patched up, the USS California then took part in the final stages of the Okinawa campaign and then served in the early occupation duties after Japan’s surrender.

The warship was formally decommissioned in February 1948, and after a dozen years in the Reserve fleet, was sold for scrap in July 1959.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...ornia-how-she-got-revenge-pearl-harbor-185446

Yep we need room for all the obese, diabetic smokers who bear absolutely responsibility for their condition. Thats because your views aren't reactionary, hypocritical, and driven by politics at all.

No. Vaccines shouldn’t be forced on people. I am in favour of vaccine passports to help
Slow the spread. Where children are eligible, they should have to get the vaccine to be admitted to public schools.

What's considered unvaccinated? Never had previous infection ? Or just straight up unvaccinated regardless of previous events?

We are crossing some serious boundaries here and people are taking it far too lightly. This is a serious infringement of a person's bodily autonomy. Also now we are required to divulge our personal medical information to a 17 year old waiter at IHOP and just be ok with it? Client confidentiality, which is something I was taught was sacrosanct and if ever broken will make me lose my license, is now just an afterthought. I always implore that people get vaccinated if you haven't had any complications from previous vaccinations, it's a good bet to make. But this sort of infringement on a person's privacy shouldn't stand. I can somewhat stomach private businesses doing this (even though I don't like it) but a government mandate is a whole different ball game.

Derp

Absolutely insane. These vaccines have not completed clinical trials yet. Long term health effects are completely unknown. Just a couple weeks ago, the vax shills here posting studies claiming the vaccines would remain effective for several years. Now, we are told their efficacy is cratering and boosters will be needed every 5 months. No one should be compelled to consent to taking a medication where so little is known about both its efficacy and its safety.
Only it’s ineffectiveness after a few months has really been proven. It’s not a vaccine.

Back