Law California lawmakers are considering a state wide vaccine mandate

Is a state-wide vaccine mandate a good idea?

• Total voters
I'm vested in CalPers as well but I'm definitely stuck due to child custody bullshit with my ex. I'm here for at least 12 more years unfortunately

Very sorry to hear, Im glad to hear tho you are making the sacrifices to be around for your child, that should be every parents priority.

What I meant mostly by my post is that their are gonna be a whole hell of a lot of stable families that arent stuck in Cali but just choose to live here, that just say “enough” and go ahead and sell the house and bounce. The state they move in wins when you bring in a working family ready to buy a new home and divulge itself into its economy, pay taxes to the state, and enroll their kids into the schools.

They're implementing vaccine cards in a few weeks here in BC. You'll need them to go to places such as restaurants, movies, sports events and other various public gatherings.

Turns out, not just the unvaccinated, but a LOT of vaccinated people are quite firmly against this. I know 4 or 5 personally who will not go anywhere that demands these vaccine passes even though they're vaccinated. Lots of protests all over the place and those aren't even the organized ones coming up this weekend.

If I had a dollar for every time the religious nut jobs in this country called someone the Anti-Christ or said that something was "the mark of the beast" I would be richer than Joel Olsteen.

See you in hell sucker

Bullshit. Hospitals have had a bed shortage for majority of my adult life. My mom had a stroke in 2018 , they had to put her bed in a linen closet to start then a waiting room turned into a makeshift room. This isn't new.

Your experience doesn’t exist in the age of Covid.

If I had a dollar for every time the religious nut jobs in this country called someone the Anti-Christ or said that something was "the mark of the beast" I would be richer than Joel Olsteen.

Imagine caring this much.

I could invert your post for atheists and their quips and I’d be just as paid.

Worry about something that matters, child.

Bullshit. Hospitals have had a bed shortage for majority of my adult life. My mom had a stroke in 2018 , they had to put her bed in a linen closet to start then a waiting room turned into a makeshift room. This isn't new.

When I was a kid I watched a fat old white lady get a growth on her foot lanced and pressed/soaked out in the middle of a waiting room. I was there for a family member needing immediate care for a severe wound. This was literally one of the best hospitals in the state, they have an incredible reputation, and I’ve been a few times and they are great. But space is always limited. Especially when you run a hospital at 50% just because.

Good times.

Very sorry to hear, Im glad to hear tho you are making the sacrifices to be around for your child, that should be every parents priority.

What I meant mostly by my post is that their are gonna be a whole hell of a lot of stable families that arent stuck in Cali but just choose to live here, that just say “enough” and go ahead and sell the house and bounce. The state they move in wins when you bring in a working family ready to buy a new home and divulge itself into its economy, pay taxes to the state, and enroll their kids into the schools.
Thanks and 100% agree.

I have a fair amount of coworkers who are bouncing out.

The vaccines work to keep people from getting problematicaly sick from it. Just say that if hospitals start getting full in the area, it’s the unvaxxe Covid patients that will be given some DayQuil and told good luck so that others aren’t missing surgeries or cancer treatment because they chose to not get the vaccine.

Shouldn’t force medical treatments on people. But also we can’t keep going out of our way to protect people who don’t think they have anything to be protected against.
Can we also include gang bangers with gun shot wounds, felons, car accident victims without a seat belt, and fatso's from being admitted to the hospital?

When I was a kid I watched a fat old white lady get a growth on her foot lanced and pressed/soaked out in the middle of a waiting room. I was there for a family member needing immediate care for a severe wound. This was literally one of the best hospitals in the state, they have an incredible reputation, and I’ve been a few times and they are great. But space is always limited. Especially when you run a hospital at 50% just because.

Good times.
Really you see the complete ineptitude of hospital administrators and ceos when this is the norm . Good thing they have Covid to cover their mess while overworked doctors and nurses and porters and cleaners take the brunt end of it

Not long before California is just Brazilians, Latinos and Homeless people...Anybody with half a brain is getting out of there
These vax passports are becoming a thing in every western country even Canada, Provinces had no choice but to follow through after JT gave the provinces 1Billionk$ for it.

If the hospitals have no beds left available, yes these should be the first to go

but even with all those there, they haven’t swamped hospitals the way covid patients have.

Why do you think more beds can't be setup if need be?

Imagine caring this much.

I could invert your post for atheists and their quips and I’d be just as paid.

Worry about something that matters, child.

I don't have to care to dunk on you idiots; it entertains me. The fact is over the course of even just my lifetime I have seen these clowns refer to so many people and objects as the anti-christ and mark of the beast respectively. And then, inevitably, when nothing comes of it, they change it again to whatever suits their political agenda. And the millions of cultists lap it up and push that cognitive dissonance down a bit further. The last few years have proven that these people are a danger to our democracy.

I don't have to care to dunk on you idiots; it entertains me. The fact is over the course of even just my lifetime I have seen these clowns refer to so many people and objects as the anti-christ and mark of the beast respectively. And then, inevitably, when nothing comes of it, they change it again to whatever suits their political agenda. And the millions of cultists lap it up and push that cognitive dissonance down a bit further. The last few years have proven that these people are a danger to our democracy.

Oh I’m not one of them at all.

But I hope you feel better now.

Ya know, “tied” means what?

Im pretty “tied” up here too. Got a great paying gov job (city) and am vested in CalPers for a decent retirement, own a home, kid in school (maskless/private), wife in the tech-industry.

But there is gonna be place, as a man, I will draw the line. Leaving is too easy right now, why would they make it easier. They tax the fuck out of our income. Im ok with the taxes, high gas prices, and a lot other BS because I do love the outdoors here immensely, but when they come after my family with the needle, and require some stupid passport to get inside the essential businesses im out.

My house is 3.5x its value when I bought it 6yrs ago, nows the best time to sell and “take the money and run”, hell I could probably pay for a house cash in a red state from my equity. It would actually empower me to have a home paid off.

Its a dagger to itself if Cali does this. The “Cali-exodus” will be so much pronounced, it will cripple the state in the years to come and I wont be around to pay for it with my tax dollars. Sorry, its back to the midwest or Florida for me most likely. Im employable anywhere I go.

My wife and I were talking about this today. We're both opposed to the vaccine. I asked her today how opposed to it is she for our son and us. She said 8 for her and 10 for him. I said I'm the same. It makes me sick that our son has to go to school every day with a mask. We've talked about making a list of red states and cross referencing with those states that still allow for freedom of choice to not have any vaccines as well as religious and medical exemptions.

We'll see what happens. I'm hoping a Republican governor will help us in the short term and a Republican president next time will save us.

I told my wife about the Let Them Breathe movement. I want to get more involved to protest forced the forced vaccine, vaccine passports, and masks.

Can we also include gang bangers with gun shot wounds, felons, car accident victims without a seat belt, and fatso's from being admitted to the hospital?

If there were no more beds available yes, I’d rather the hospital admit something like stroke victims ahead of them as well

But the thing is we’ve had fatties and gangbangers for a long while now, and they haven’t put hospitals under strain the way unvaxxed covid patients have tho

Why do you think more beds can't be setup if need be?

Because the issue is more so staffing. Can’t just magically come up with more personel when doctors and nurses are already on mandatory overtime

Because the issue is more so staffing. Can’t just magically come up with more personel when doctors and nurses are already on mandatory overtime

How many more ICU staff would it take to double the capacity from 35 to 70 total beds?

Ya know, “tied” means what?

Im pretty “tied” up here too. Got a great paying gov job (city) and am vested in CalPers for a decent retirement, own a home, kid in school (maskless/private), wife in the tech-industry.

But there is gonna be place, as a man, I will draw the line. Leaving is too easy right now, why would they make it easier. They tax the fuck out of our income. Im ok with the taxes, high gas prices, and a lot other BS because I do love the outdoors here immensely, but when they come after my family with the needle, and require some stupid passport to get inside the essential businesses im out.

My house is 3.5x its value when I bought it 6yrs ago, nows the best time to sell and “take the money and run”, hell I could probably pay for a house cash in a red state from my equity. It would actually empower me to have a home paid off.

Its a dagger to itself if Cali does this. The “Cali-exodus” will be so much pronounced, it will cripple the state in the years to come and I wont be around to pay for it with my tax dollars. Sorry, its back to the midwest or Florida for me most likely. Im employable anywhere I go.

If you're interested, I just signed the petition at Let Them Breathe - https://www.letthembreathe.net/

Might be worth looking at if you're wanting to get more involved. Only took me less than two minutes to sign their petition.

Back