Law California lawmakers are considering a state wide vaccine mandate

Is a state-wide vaccine mandate a good idea?

• Total voters
I'm vaccinated and am against passports.

Just wait for the cries of racism to start though, then governments will back track fast.

Yep, the optics are gonna be absolutely hellish and I for one can't wait to see the media squirming when it becomes impossible to avoid those optics.

Why are you trying to pigeon hole this into a gunshot problem?

There were 30,000 gunshot injuries, 15,000 homicides, 23,000 suicides in the US in 2019. Assuming they all get treated even the immediately dead ones that’s at most 68K over the course of a year. 1.3k a week.

Currently have 86K Covid patients admitted to the hospital just this past week

It’s not close which is the far greater burden on the hospitals. There’s 66 covid people in a hospital for every 1 gunshot victim. That gunshot victim bed problem is nothing but a drop in the bucket. Even with an uptick of violence 2020 and 2021 you’re still looking at a 50:1 ratio
The average gun shot wound that requires hospitalization costs an average $100K. I also show double the amount of gunshot wounds you reference and they are also concentrated in urban areas where hospitals have closed.

ANNUAL GUN VIOLENCE IMPACTING PEOPLE OF ALL AGES IN THE U.S.
Every year, 115,551 people are shot. Among those:

• 38,826 people die from gun violence
  • 14,062 are murdered
  • 76,725 people survive gunshot injuries
  • 34,566 are intentionally shot by someone else and survive
  • 23,437 die from gun suicide
  • 3,554 survive an attempted gun suicide
  • 483 killed unintentionally
  • 521 are killed by legal intervention
  • 1,376 are shot by legal intervention and survive
  • 324 die but the intent was unknown
  • 4,471 are shot and survive but the intent is unknown
  • 547 women are killed by their husband or male dating partner**

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4700838/

More than 32,000 persons die and over 67,000 persons are injured by firearms each year. Case fatality rates are highest for self-harm related firearm injuries, followed by assault-related injuries. Males, racial/ethnic minority populations, and young Americans (with the exception of firearm suicide) are disproportionately affected. The severity of such injuries is distributed relatively evenly across outcomes from outpatient treatment to hospitalization to death. Firearm injuries result in over $48 billion in medical and work loss costs annually, particularly fatal firearm injuries. From 1993 to 1999, rates of firearm violence declined significantly. Declines were seen in both fatal and nonfatal firearm violence and across all types of intent. While unintentional firearm deaths continued to decline from 2000 to 2012, firearm suicides increased and nonfatal firearm assaults increased to their highest level since 1995.

Coming from a state that Legalized shoplifting, allows people to shit in the streets, allows people to do drugs in public and live in tents on public streets in front of peoples homes and places of work, it seems about right. Fuck mandates. If you penalize those for not be vaxxed, penalize the at risk that are already vaxxed as well...People that are obese, drinkers, smokers, diabetics, old people.......see how this works?

Absolutely insane. These vaccines have not completed clinical trials yet. Long term health effects are completely unknown. Just a couple weeks ago, the vax shills here posting studies claiming the vaccines would remain effective for several years. Now, we are told their efficacy is cratering and boosters will be needed every 5 months. No one should be compelled to consent to taking a medication where so little is known about both its efficacy and its safety.

True but they always said that about other vaccines that work.

They might have a bad night or weekend after some nasty gang violence where they divert some ambulances. They don’t stay swamped for 2-3 months like Florida is currently doing due to Covid patients

Over 100 hospitals in California have closed due to non payments by illegal aliens who by law have to be treated at the ER. Mandatory care doesn't mean the hospital can't fucking close down though.

The average gun shot wound that requires hospitalization costs an average $100K. I also show double the amount of gunshot wounds you reference and they are also concentrated in urban areas where hospitals have closed.

ANNUAL GUN VIOLENCE IMPACTING PEOPLE OF ALL AGES IN THE U.S.
Every year, 115,551 people are shot. Among those:

• 38,826 people die from gun violence
  • 14,062 are murdered
  • 76,725 people survive gunshot injuries
  • 34,566 are intentionally shot by someone else and survive
  • 23,437 die from gun suicide
  • 3,554 survive an attempted gun suicide
  • 483 killed unintentionally
  • 521 are killed by legal intervention
  • 1,376 are shot by legal intervention and survive
  • 324 die but the intent was unknown
  • 4,471 are shot and survive but the intent is unknown
  • 547 women are killed by their husband or male dating partner**

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4700838/

Your bolded number in there tries to combine medical and "work loss" costs together to make it sound worse than it is. What even is "work loss" costs that they're randomly tossing in there to inflate the medical costs?

And even if number of gunshot victims are doubled, there's still 25 times the number of covid patients as gunshot patients. And covid patients are costing 73K for uninsured, and 38K for insured on average
https://www.fairhealth.org/article/costs-for-a-hospital-stay-for-covid-19

Again, you're choosing a pet topic that's a fraction of the problem that covid is to the hospitals. You're arguing that the rain drips coming through the roof is the problem when in reality the foundation is cracked and flooding the basement inches deep that should be the primary concern. Both are problems sure, one is clearly worse than the other in the grand scheme of things.

Think I seen on the news that Trudeau wants to do the same with Canada, fk them. They go ahead with this shady ideology then crime will rise drastically. People will stand up for their freedom and fuck your life up.

Didn't want to make an all new thread, video on police unions fighting vaccine requirements

Chicago mandated vaccine for all city employees, Chicago police union immediately vowed to not comply

Gonna be another point of conflict of urban leaders vs police departments

Didn't want to make an all new thread, video on police unions fighting vaccine requirements

Chicago mandated vaccine for all city employees, Chicago police union immediately vowed to not comply

Gonna be another point of conflict of urban leaders vs police departments

Comment section is always gold... I'm actually shocked YouTube continues allow comments on these types of videos.

"So-called progressives: "Power to the workers! Honor the union worker's needs!"

Also, 'progressives': "We demand everyone do what we say. Vaccines should be mandatory and you must prove your obedience everywhere you go."

[Union pushes back on behalf of its workers]

Progressives: "How dare they? Who do they think they are??"

"The government officials are acting like used car salesmen now."

"Seattle, New York, Mass...that's hardly the country. Especially, since two of the three are on the same order of third world countries."

"Tell the police if they get vaccinated that Kendall Jenner will give them a delicious can of Pepsi."

"Imagine you wake up at 4AM to an intruder in your house. Then, when the cops show up, you ask for proof of vaccination before you let them save your life. Sounds about right."

"Watch how they changed the narrative from people wanting to make their own medical decisions to people becoming anti vaxxers."

Your bolded number in there tries to combine medical and "work loss" costs together to make it sound worse than it is. What even is "work loss" costs that they're randomly tossing in there to inflate the medical costs?

And even if number of gunshot victims are doubled, there's still 25 times the number of covid patients as gunshot patients. And covid patients are costing 73K for uninsured, and 38K for insured on average
https://www.fairhealth.org/article/costs-for-a-hospital-stay-for-covid-19

Again, you're choosing a pet topic that's a fraction of the problem that covid is to the hospitals. You're arguing that the rain drips coming through the roof is the problem when in reality the foundation is cracked and flooding the basement inches deep that should be the primary concern. Both are problems sure, one is clearly worse than the other in the grand scheme of things.
How is the fact hospitals are closed not impact the number of ICU beds available? We can play the chicken and egg game too. If America wasn't a bunch of unhealthy fat asses far less would go to the hospital. The varying reports are 90%+ have presence of comorbidity...

I fee ya man, as a parent watching whats happening with the kids is extremely frustrating. I will sign and also share the link with like-minded folk. Because theirs a lot of whacko parents that encourage kids in mask and cannot wait till the vax is available to 5yr age group and up. Sad shit.

Whats funny is my son also attended school full-time last year when other kids couldnt. No masks in the classroom then either. The funniest part, no out-breaks there, or hell, any of the private schools and our countries leaders send their own kids too. Its like corona doesn't even exist if you are wealthy.

Yea, my sons school is the largest bill we have. More than my mortgage or any bill I pay. All my co-wokers are struggling with their kids depression and failure in classes. Now that school is somewhat back they are all masked, and distanced in stupid formations in class, and you know what, somehow corona finds its way in the public schools and gets kids sent home.

My kids school is a conservative christian school and really a blessing in these times. They dont believe in all this horse shit. The parents at that school are all either military or law enforcement. Not a goddamn mask in sight either during p/u’s amongst the parents. Normal life. Its refreshing.

But just as easily as I relocated to Cali as personal choice, I can just as easy uproot, sell house, and leave. I dont want to, but they sure are gonna make me and many others. Newsome wins the election and he will unleash hell on his people mark my words.

Thanks for signing too. My wife and I have looked at private Christian schools here and they are expensive. $12,000/year if I recall? I am really hoping Newsom is out and Elder or any Republican gets in. I think Elder said he'd do away with vaccine and mask mandates. I hope Newsom is out to give a big "fuck you" to him and Pelosi. I think it's our only hope before these sick fucks want to give the "vaccine" to babies.

Thanks for signing too. My wife and I have looked at private Christian schools here and they are expensive. $12,000/year if I recall? I am really hoping Newsom is out and Elder or any Republican gets in. I think Elder said he'd do away with vaccine and mask mandates. I hope Newsom is out to give a big "fuck you" to him and Pelosi. I think it's our only hope before these sick fucks want to give the "vaccine" to babies.

Tuition + books + uniforms + lunches

my goddam 1st grader has 14 books, over $500 like a college kid LoL

Priceless though to give him to as close as a normal childhood as possible. Strong men & women need to raise strong children, not teach fear, distancing, and silence. The young children are our last lineage, we lose them to this new agenda, we’ve lost everything.

Back