Elections Californians

you’re like a caricature come to life.

What really catches your attention is how these guys can't just have a conversation like a normal person. Everyone who isn't fully on board is seen as their enemy, and they've picked up canned responses to their enemies, and various claims that they're all familiar with that normal people aren't. It's exactly like talking to creationists, Randians, HBDers, or Austrians. In fact, wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these guys did fall into all or some of those groups.

you’re like a caricature come to life.

WWF-Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin-2-Bangers-doll-289x300.jpg

Tell us more about Gavin Newsom and California. Your input has been so insightful.

What really catches your attention is how these guys can't just have a conversation like a normal person. Everyone who isn't fully on board is seen as their enemy, and they've picked up canned responses to their enemies, and various claims that they're all familiar with that normal people aren't. It's exactly like talking to creationists, Randians, HBDers, or Austrians. In fact, wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these guys did fall into all or some of those groups.

honestly jack America is so far gone we can’t go on like this anymore. We have tens of millions living outside of reality. I don’t know how you fix this and worst of all I don’t think it’s even fixable.

honestly jack America is so far gone we can’t go on like this anymore. We have tens of millions living outside of reality. I don’t know how you fix this and worst of all I don’t think it’s even fixable.

Well, it's not a new problem. Here's something I posted before:

California had a Republican senator named Tom Kuchel from '53-'69. He noted at one time that 10% of the letters coming into his office (6,000 a month!) were what he called "fright mail," mostly about two rumors that were common on the right at the time: Chinese commandos were training in Mexico for an invasion of the U.S. and 100,000 UN troops (16,000 of them African cannibals) were training in Georgia under the command of a Russia colonel for a UN martial-law takeover of the U.S.

Long, long history in the country as a whole of similarly crazy shit. What I think has changed a bit is educational sorting, leading to the crazies overwhelmingly being on the same side. Even back in the early 2000s, you had a lot of "Truthers" and other nutters on the left. Anti-vaxers used to be a little more common on the left. But we're seeing a rapid consolidation with a resulting takeover of a whole party. But on the other hand, it seems like the movement is dying. Trump was an embarrassment and was crushed after one term. They have very little appeal to young voters. They're increasingly opposed to democracy in part because they see actually winning fair elections as being increasingly difficult. Not sure how it'll all shake out, but I'm long-term optimistic.

you are very wrong. Most counties in california have banned dispensaries due to the poorly-written Prop64 allowing individual counties and cities to effectively “opt out” of legalization. This creates massive “dry regions” where california residents have to drive up to 100 miles to go to a dispensary.

in addition, Prop64 is designed to take out small farmers. It bans farm-to-consumer sales and forces farms to go through distributors and licensed dispensaries. This puts farmers at the mercy of middlemen. The wholesale price of cannabis is lower than ever, and many small farms in northern california are closing down, meanwhile the retail/consumer market is higher than ever, people are paying double what they paid at the dispenary 5 years ago for what is now worse product…

Product in dispensaries has to go through a series of middlemen, as well as a laboratory test, before it can go on the shelf. Therefore it is not fresh by the time it reaches the consumer. The lab testing is also another barrier for small-time cannabis farmers, as literally no other crop requires it, and the costs are particularly hard to absorb if you arent backed by big investors.

I could keep going about all the flaws of prop64, but i dont have time. It is one of the worst things to ever happen to the california cannabis community. Get ready for all your weed to be grown by megafarms and sold by big chains, cuz everything else is still illegal.

BTW all that tax money they get from legal weed just goes back to law enforcement to bust illegal operations (anyone who is unable to get licensed). Californians are still going to jail for cannabis all the time. Prop 64 is a scam and unfortunately most of the voters fell for it because slick fucks like Gavin Newsome told them it was the progressive thing to do.

Nah, I don't think you are correct. I just read 53% of counties allow it. And the real funny thing is, OC is listed as not allowing it.....yet you can't drive more than 5 miles in OC without driving by a dispensary.

Maybe you are talking growing it. But, it looks like the majority of CA counties do in fact, allow the sell of it.

Nah, I don't think you are correct. I just read 53% of counties allow it. And the real funny thing is, OC is listed as not allowing it.....yet you can't drive more than 5 miles in OC without driving by a dispensary.

Maybe you are talking growing it. But, it looks like the majority of CA counties do in fact, allow the sell of it.

I only know the O.C. You are correct. There are tons of them around. I have no issue with THC / Weed. It should just be treated like alcohol. I would prefer if people use the wax pens in public if they are going to hit it, as much as the skunk smells good, it's not fair to everyone else. I was in San Diego yesterday for business with some East Coasters. They kept saying how often they smelled it. I was thinking... man I must have just gotten used to it.

What is funny is that our former Congressman Dana Rohrbacher's staff had two members that were all about legalization and further easing of restrictions that is likely in line with what @freakroor was referring to. It's all making more sense to me now. I will have to learn more, but in the end... live and let live.

Well, it's not a new problem. Here's something I posted before:

Long, long history in the country as a whole of similarly crazy shit. What I think has changed a bit is educational sorting, leading to the crazies overwhelmingly being on the same side. Even back in the early 2000s, you had a lot of "Truthers" and other nutters on the left. Anti-vaxers used to be a little more common on the left. But we're seeing a rapid consolidation with a resulting takeover of a whole party. But on the other hand, it seems like the movement is dying. Trump was an embarrassment and was crushed after one term. They have very little appeal to young voters. They're increasingly opposed to democracy in part because they see actually winning fair elections as being increasingly difficult. Not sure how it'll all shake out, but I'm long-term optimistic.

I actually read an article about that California Senator.

It just seems people are becoming crazier and social media is making them worse. Trumpism is not something that strengthens a country and it’s citizens.

All you have to do is look at the streets of San Francisco if you want to know what the work of Gavin Newsom looks like.

Another white liberal attacking the face of white supremacist Larry

Californian checking in.

Newsome is a scumbag despot. He failed us on CV-19. He failed us on Education. He failed us on Homelessness. He failed us on zoning. He failed us on Energy. He failed us on Water.

How anyone wants to keep him around is insane. Larry Elder is the right choice. He will only be in office for some months and it would be great for Californians to see if a Conservative/Libertarian would serve them better than Establishment Leftists that are about their power and control over the citizens.

Newsom is just a pile of entitled shit.
l@nd0

You do realize this type of 'end of days' type post is just as crazy as the right wing crazies right? 'America is so far gone' America is fine for the most part. What are you talking about? Politics has been wild for decades, you just see more of it now because of social media. Pretending like America is in some type of doomsday scenario is disingenuous. Notice how you're buddy, replied to this post, and didn't mention this either, sort of went along with you if anything. It's pure trolling.

In the end, the rule is on the books.
People followed the legal process for a recall. Can't hate the player.

Sure, it's a bad system, but they're playing within it. Just funny that they're pretending that it's based on something particular he did rather than just that they don't want any non-Republican governor. The petition was started in early 2020. Not like, for example, anyone expected Newsom to fix homelessness within a year of taking office or like it actually had anything to do with the pandemic response or him having his kids in private school. Generally, I support honest disagreement.

Any reason why the Democrat supermajority and governorship couldn't change this absolutely unfair rule?

Seems like it would be a priority to maintain power...otherwise, you end up with completely legal recall elections.

<Fedor23>

You do realize this type of 'end of days' type post is just as crazy as the right wing crazies right? 'America is so far gone' America is fine for the most part. What are you talking about? Politics has been wild for decades, you just see more of it now because of social media. Pretending like America is in some type of doomsday scenario is disingenuous. Notice how you're buddy, replied to this post, and didn't mention this either, sort of went along with you if anything. It's pure trolling.

You’re not even American. Go away.

American society can’t stay healthy and properly move forward when tens of millions of people deny reality. I don’t know what else you want me to say about it.

So basically if Newsome wins, which he will, he will make Californians truly suffer.

Passport mandates next and force vax the children and entire working population.

You will see another wave of the “Californian exodus” with lots of folks will just throw their hands up and leave the state. Anybody with a small business and any sense should relocate also, we already seen a lot of big biz take leap last year, this will cause more.

He is the epitome of a political hypocrite and entitled scumbag.

Back