Campeon/Casanova headgear review

goldennboy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Review #2

Salutations to all,

Let me start off by clearing this up, Casanova and campeon have the exact same headgears. There's no difference in the Casanova the gym owned and the Campeon headgear I now own. The headgears even come from the same people.

PROTECTION & PERFORMANCE

There's no other headgear that performs the way this headgear performs for the price. I'm not sure how much this headgear alone costs, as I myself got it along with a cup and wraps, but I didn't break the bank either.

The headgear itself is the definition of Mexican style headgears.

The only headgear that can stand next to the winning fg2900 is this headgear right here. As a matter a fact, there's some things that I like on this campeon headgear than that on the fg 2900.

-Vision is better on this than that on the fg2900
-More breathable than the fg2900.
-more durable than the fg2900.

Now I'm not talking out of my *** here. I've owned both headgears and had time to come up with such conclusions.

Sizing & Fit

This headgear sits right on the eyebrows, where it should go. It comes in like 3 sizes I believe, but with a swap of longer laces it could fit bigger heads. Saying that I'd go a size down than a size up if you're not sure.

I personally love buckle straps and this headgear may have the best buckle strap on the market. It hugs your face unlike the plastic clip of the fg2900 where it'll either be too tight or too loose for my personal taste.

The cheeks aren't pliable like the fg2900's cheeks. These cheeks are firm enough to catch major shots.

Summary

~a little heavy, still much lighter than most headgear

~most durable headgear on the market imo.

~best bang for your buck

~Padding is just too dense for my personal taste, I'm sure it'll get softer over time. But I don't have that kind of patience.

~sizes accommodate all shapes of head.

~ protection and vision are two things that don't mix well with most headgears, but in some bizzare way, this headgear nailed it.

I rank this headgear #2 in a close match with the #1 still being the fg2900.

Closest runner up to the fg 2900 has to be this headgear.

11ht5zt.jpg

Great review, how much?

I'm not sure what Juan sells them for individually, I added a few items to my order like wraps and a cup with letering. I wanna say somewhere around 130 shipped? could be a little more or less.

If you're interested in my campeon headgear let me know in a PM

So FG2900 still has superior nose protection? Great review

Nice review, thanks. Looks like a great headgear, and the yellow colour is very cool too.

Wow, crazy shit. I was viewing this thread last night when I was looking for more info on these headgears, then it gets bumped. Anyways, I've only used a Casanova headgear once. It was an old one, so I'm not sure how it compares to how they are now, but I loved it. It was one of my old coach's, I had used it since I wasn't liking my Gorilla headgear anymore. Vision is solid, the fit was excellent on my head. Padding was soft and spongy, it absorbs shock very well. my coach's headgear looked very old, probably a decade old, but was still in very good condition. For a minute, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to Muhammad for a Casanova clone or an FG2900 clone. I'll probably stick with the FG2900 design though due to the raised cheek protectors.

Last edited:
Like I said in the review, this headgear surpasses the fg 2900 in a lot of areas. The cheeks as you see in the picture aren't as clamped together as the 290 but they still give the same amount of nose protection without sacrificing so much vision and sweat.

We are an authorized distributor of Deportes Casanova Equipment in the USA. We sell Casanova gloves, headgear, no-foul protectors, speed bags, heavy bag gloves and wraps/tape/guaze by Ambra Le Roy.

Head gear links below
http://shop.casanovaboxingusa.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=head&Submit=Search

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-DE...-CHEEK-GUARDS-MUAY-THAI-CARETA-/201201390335?

Orders can be placed directly from our website shop.casanovaboxingusa.com or our eBay page, http://stores.ebay.com/casanovaboxingusa, additional links below.

Equipment is in stock and ships for free from shop.casanovaboxingusa.com to lower 48 USA.
Thanks!

Ok guys I recently aquire the same headgear....it comes really stiff out of the box.....I power massaged it twice and beat it with a rubber mallet several times.....it did soften up.....well the cheeks are really stiff and do absorb shots well. Also the nose protection is alot better than you would think and my nose is kinda big....it pretty light and I would have to say for the money it's pretty great....I've tried alot of headgears and this is better than ringside and rivals cheek protector IMHO. I would have to agree with the original poster this headgear is probably along with the Golden gear the best cheek protector after the fg 2900. I have never tried a fg 2900 but I'm sure from what ive heard they are great.

Currently we have red or black Casanova Headgear in stock (size M or L)
You can check out the store link here or send me an email if you have any questions

[email protected]

I can't post pictures directly, but the website has images

http://shop.casanovaboxingusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CASANOVA-HEADGEAR-RD

Free Casanova T-shirt give away this weekend, when you order $50. or more, just add a t-shirt to the cart.
And, Free Shipping this weekend on all orders over $50.

Do you still selling??

Back