Can a woman DB bench 67 lbs each arms for reps without steroids?

What’s the point of arguing what a 41 year old man could have lifted? You can’t say with certainty that he never could have snatched 3 plates if he trained that lift. So why even say anything?
Because he barges into a thread making grand declarations of his own perceived genetic superiority when I have already demonstrated that this is a difficult lift even for athletic men- and nothing he has ever accomplished should lead him to the conclusion that he could. Sure, it's not impossible that he could have achieved this given a perfect set of circumstances. But that goes for anyone. Guys have extremely fragile egos if you show them a woman who outlifts them. Just look at that Mahailya Reeves thread.

Because he barges into a thread making grand declarations of his own perceived genetic superiority when I have already demonstrated that this is a difficult lift even for athletic men- and nothing he has ever accomplished should lead him to the conclusion that he could. Sure, it's not impossible that he could have achieved this given a perfect set of circumstances. But that goes for anyone. Guys have extremely fragile egos if you show them a woman who outlifts them. Just look at that Mahailya Reeves thread.

I honestly haven't even read this entire thread. Just seems to me like every thread here turns into someone bragging about their abilities and others putting them down.

Some girls are just born strong. Steroids or not, do you think you could ever outsnatch this girl?

Hint: never in a million years, and not with all the roids in the world. The record snatch for MEN in the Crossfit games is only 315 lbs, by Matthew Fraser.
tumblr_inline_pi03e44miP1smvx60_500.png

And Crossfit has way laxer drug testing than the Olympics.

Why does it matter to you if they're on steroid or not? Seems like you just wanna ogle their lat spread so what difference does it make?

OK not trying to get in the middle of anyone’s pissing contest, but I’ll happily concede that I stand zero chance of ever outlifting anyone man or woman, juiced or clean, with the approximate size and build of Hodor.

Last edited:
I totally think a woman could do this clean. Not that it matters, but there's no reason to think women couldn't put up numbers like this. They're not some fragile alien species made of glass and atrophy. There's something weird misogyny in this thread.

Some of you need to talk to a woman.

Or meet a woman

Or see a woman.

For real.

I worked in gyms for about 10 years and was a personal trainer for a few of those years. How many girls have you worked out with?

I went out with the raw bench record holder in Michigan. Saw her at LA a couple months ago. I'm fairly aware of really strong girls.
then you will know that, yes, a lot of women can bench “67lb dumbbells” whatever those are.

Good. Thread answered.

Yes. I know someone who is definitely not on steroids and I think she actually repped 70's on the dumbbell press at one point. She won a prize at last year's Arnold Classic for most reps on the bench press, based on weight, I guess. She was in a dress and possibly heels when she did it.

But yeah, she is 100% not on the sauce and she is usually around 60's on the dumbbell press but she has definitely done 70's. She weighs 140 at most, too. Maybe more like 125 or so. Very, very short.

I totally think a woman could do this clean. Not that it matters, but there's no reason to think women couldn't put up numbers like this. They're not some fragile alien species made of glass and atrophy. There's something weird misogyny in this thread.

Or meet a woman

Or see a woman.

For real.

Well, they are basically on anti-steroids. They got all that estrogen, so it isn't that they can't, but they have a deficit to overcome and that is part of why it is impressive when they do.

Why is that? I found that to be true, but don't really understand why. Based on my barbell bench, I should be able to lift in the 120# range in dumbells, but I find 90's to be close to my limit already.

I don't think it is necessarily true. Its different for different people. This past year, I have done 315 between 3-6 times barbell and I was definitely not lifting 150 pound dumbbells. In fact, I've been able to do 315 for at least one rep since I was maybe 20-21, even if I wasn't benching regularly. I've never gotten 150's on the dumbbell press and I'm 38 now. I've done 140's for reps, but never 150's for even a single, at least not that I recall. But I hear some people say that doing 150's on the dumbbell press is basically equivalent to benching 315. To me, they are worlds apart.

I think you and me are probably similar in that way. Our barbell bench is going to trend heavier than our dumbbell press, for whatever reason. And then you have some people where the opposite is true and others where they are more level with each other.

Of course. There are women that can bench double that on each arm that don't take steroids. I truly think that people that don't lift or are not familiar with training for strength have any clue what strong is, even naturally.
This. Also people who lift occasionally but inconsistently will assume that other people who lift frequently and consistently must be on steroids when most of the time it's just dedication to the gym.

Or meet a woman

Or see a woman.

For real.

The science is misogyny lol

This must be what it feels like when a bus full of tourists rocks up at the small town diner where you eat most days...

Can it be done naturally by a woman? Yes. Doesn’t mean that women is natural though.

Am I the only one who finds it weird to be making a thread questioning a random young chick's DB bench and adding photos? Bench is impressive but nothing drug worthy. She looks on the edge of natural right now but if she gets any more shredded or bigger, I'd definitely start wondering. You'll know in a year.

I read somewhere that your dumbbell max is only 70% of your barbell max. I didn't know how true that was but your numbers seem to match that.
I think it has a lot to do on how much time do you spend working on them. Stabilization gets easier with time. But that number seems about logic.

I don't think that 67lbs DB bench in that girl is that crazy tbf. IDK why OP makes a thread asking something when he already decided what the answer is for him.

We also don't know the context. If she had been training before, if she trained to peak that day, etc.

I don't think it is necessarily true. Its different for different people. This past year, I have done 315 between 3-6 times barbell and I was definitely not lifting 150 pound dumbbells. In fact, I've been able to do 315 for at least one rep since I was maybe 20-21, even if I wasn't benching regularly. I've never gotten 150's on the dumbbell press and I'm 38 now. I've done 140's for reps, but never 150's for even a single, at least not that I recall. But I hear some people say that doing 150's on the dumbbell press is basically equivalent to benching 315. To me, they are worlds apart.

I think you and me are probably similar in that way. Our barbell bench is going to trend heavier than our dumbbell press, for whatever reason. And then you have some people where the opposite is true and others where they are more level with each other.

It's weird, but I found my DB press goes up just from flat bench, but not vice versa.

For example, for years I didn't flat bench because of various issues, but I could DB press 120lbs for sets of 6. When I tried to flat bench 225lbs I couldn't.

But I stopped DB pressing and did flat bench, got close to 365lbs and my DB press went up to 125lbs easy for sets of 10 without training it for years.

It's weird, but I found my DB press goes up just from flat bench, but not vice versa.

For example, for years I didn't flat bench because of various issues, but I could DB press 120lbs for sets of 6. When I tried to flat bench 225lbs I couldn't.

But I stopped DB pressing and did flat bench, got close to 365lbs and my DB press went up to 125lbs easy for sets of 10 without training it for years.

Yeah, I got into dumbbell press thinking it would skyrocket my flat bench but it never did, at least not that I could discern. It'd be hard for me to say if my flat bench increases my dumbbell press. Earlier this past year, I was repping 315 more than I normally had in the past but I would say my dumbbell press was below what it had been in the past. I wasn't feeling comfortable with 125 at all and not so great with 120, whereas there were times I used to be able to rep them pretty well. Like you said, its a weird thing.

Back