Can AJ simply pay his mandatories to step aside?

But Ortiz has literally beaten nobody decent apart from Jennings. He's been built up to be this monster that Wilder slayed but there is no actual proof of it. I think it would be good for everyone if someone rated in the top ten fought Ortiz. A fight with Whyte, Parker, Ruiz, Povetkin or Pulev vs Ortiz would be good as a marker. If Ortiz beats any of those guys then he is legit as a top HW boxer. But atm we haven't seen anything that can give us a comparison against any of those guys.
I'm just going to quote you since you're the first to reply and im on my phone but I'm not trying to claim he's an ATG or anything but he had a good amature background, was undefeated as a pro and with a high KO rate. And hes looked impressive at times. Those rolling uppercuts to Jennings were beautiful. No he doesn't have some long amazing list of opponents but most other people don't either. Ortiz just gets criticized more for it and I have a hard time believing that with all the trash talk between Wilder and AJ fans that there is no bias involved.

I'm just going to quote you since you're the first to reply and im on my phone but I'm not trying to claim he's an ATG or anything but he had a good amature background, was undefeated as a pro and with a high KO rate. And hes looked impressive at times. Those rolling uppercuts to Jennings were beautiful. No he doesn't have some long amazing list of opponents but most other people don't either. Ortiz just gets criticized more for it and I have a hard time believing that with all the trash talk between Wilder and AJ fans that there is no bias involved.
Oh of course there's gonna be bias involved. That's a given for any sport really, because you have fans. You have AJ fans devaluing Wilder's opponents records and you get Wilder's fans claiming Stiverene is a comparable win to Whyte or Parker. Fans get silly either way.

Ortiz is a good win in the heavyweight division, I don't think there's any questioning that. There are criticisms about the depth of his record that I think are fair, and maybe if Ortiz went the WBA mandatory route like he was gonna instead of the Wilder fight then Wilder fans would be arguing it instead.

Last edited:
Oh of course there's gonna be bias involved. That's a given for any sport really, because you have fans. You AJ fans devaluing Wilder's opponents records and you get Wilder's fans claiming Stiverene is a comparable win to Whyte or Parker. Fans get silly either way.

Ortiz is a good win in the heavyweight division, I don't think there's any questioning that. There are criticisms about the depth of his record that I think are fair, and maybe if Ortiz went the WBA mandatory route like he was gonna instead of the Wilder fight then Wilder fans would be arguing it instead.
I'm not from either country and like both Wilder and AJ because they almost always put on a good show.

I like to try to give credit when it's due and feel too many guys get call bums or can when they're decent midlevel guys.

He could be really good but there is little proof. That's why I'd like to see him fight someone else like Whyte, Ruiz, Parker, Pulev or Povetkin.

Yeah because Breazeale was much more deserving of a shot at Wilder and had such a good chance of winning.

Im not saying he’s more deserving or not I just don’t like the guy for all the smack he’s been talking he hasn’t done much walking in the ring, he’s looked terrible. If joshua got Whyte out of there why can’t Wilder, how can you really think Wilder is letting Whyte purposely get careless and out of shape. That’s just a bit ridiculous imo.

He could be really good but there is little proof. That's why I'd like to see him fight someone else like Whyte, Ruiz, Parker, Pulev or Povetkin.
I think he could beat everyone there except Whyte.....Whyte smashes him imho

If you take at face value what Eddie Hearn says and believe Wilder is obligated to fight in the UK where he would have to win 10 rounds to get a draw.

lol at people saying this as if wilder would ever come close to put boxing a top 10 over 12 rounds. He doesn’t do boxing he does get feet in position to deliver KO

Oh of course there's gonna be bias involved. That's a given for any sport really, because you have fans. You have AJ fans devaluing Wilder's opponents records and you get Wilder's fans claiming Stiverene is a comparable win to Whyte or Parker. Fans get silly either way.

i think the Ortiz win was a good win the first time round. It’s the 2nd fight I have a problem with

Ortiz has one decent win nearly 5 years ago and don’t give me the Wilder was only guy with balls to fight him.

He coulda had AJ back in 2017 but pissed hot and got himself removed from the rankings then flat out turned down millions to fight for 3 belts.

That’s not Brit bias, that actually happened.

Ortiz has one decent win nearly 5 years ago and don’t give me the Wilder was only guy with balls to fight him.

He coulda had AJ back in 2017 but pissed hot and got himself removed from the rankings then flat out turned down millions to fight for 3 belts.

That’s not Brit bias, that actually happened.

The WBC asked Whyte to fight Ortiz

and Dillian Whyte fled from Ortiz in terror, that also actually happened.

The WBC asked Whyte to fight Ortiz

and Dillian Whyte fled from Ortiz in terror, that also actually happened.

Fight was talked about twice, July 2108 and Dec 2018, never happened, Whyte went on to fight Parker and Chisora, two top 10-20 guys.

Ortiz took on Cojanu and Kauffman, were they even top 50.

there’s actually conflicting arguments to who is to blame for it not happening, reports Ortiz turned down an offer and asked for silly money, said he wouldn’t be ready for July 28th then took another fight on that date.

WBC ordered the fight earlier that year.

https://www.boxingscene.com/whyte-ortiz-want-fight-me-asked-silly-money--132431

is that true, dunno, but turning down an offer , asking for money then shifting the blame isn’t exactly alien to team Ortiz is it, they flat out got busted for it in AJ negotiations so it’s not exactly a stretch to believe they tried it here.

https://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ortiz-accepts-dillian-whyte-fight-december-22-uk--132573

This has Ortiz proposing a date, Whyte countering with a date, Ortiz accepting then his manager openly not wanting to take the fight.

I personally don’t trust either of them tbh, just don’t think the blame is a one way street, both have questionable pasts.

Fight was talked about twice, July 2108 and Dec 2018, never happened, Whyte went on to fight Parker and Chisora, two top 10-20 guys.

there’s actually conflicting arguments to who is to blame for it not happening, reports Ortiz turned down an offer and asked for silly money, said he wouldn’t be ready for July 28th then took another fight on that date.

is that true, dunno, but turning down an offer , asking for money then shifting the blame isn’t exactly alien to team Ortiz is it, they flat out got busted for it in AJ negotiations so it’s not exactly a stretch to believe they tried it here.

https://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ortiz-accepts-dillian-whyte-fight-december-22-uk--132573

This has Ortiz proposing a date, Whyte countering with a date, Ortiz accepting then his manager openly not wanting to take the fight.

I personally don’t trust either of them tbh, just don’t think the blame is a one way street, both have questionable pasts.

Ah give the guy a break, it's not easy having to juggle your PED schedule to work with prospective dates. That's why he couldn't fight Joshua in the biggest pay day of his life.

Ah give the guy a break, it's not easy having to juggle your PED schedule to work with prospective dates. That's why he couldn't fight Joshua in the biggest pay day of his life.

are you talking about whyte or Fury here?

People complain about Ortiz CV, but it's difficult to get fights when people like Whyte straight up turn down fights, even when they are sanctioned by the governing body that Whyte is supposedly loyal to

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/0...ecision-to-order-dillian-whyte-vs-luis-ortiz/

By Scott Gilfoid: Eddie Hearn says he plans on appealing the World Boxing Council’s decision to order a fight between #1 WBC Dillian Whyte and #3 Luis ‘King Kong’ Ortiz for the second mandatory position to get a title shot against WBC heavyweight champion Deontay ‘Bronze Bomber’ Wilder.

Hearn wants the WBC to install the 29-year-old Whyte (23-1, 17 KOs) as Wilder’s mandatory so that he can get a title shot straightaway rather than having to go through Ortiz (28-1, 24 KOs).
“We’re going to appeal that. [WBC president] Mauricio Sulaiman said he would talk about it this week, and maybe post a resolution,” Hearn said to skysports.com.

When the fight is floated, whyte employs his legal team to fight tooth and nail to avoid Ortiz.

This shows he was a clearly ducked fighter, hopefully he can get the fights against top opposition now and we won't have to hear brit fans talk about Whyte waiting 3000 days for a title shot

People complain about Ortiz CV, but it's difficult to get fights when people like Whyte straight up turn down fights, even when they are sanctioned by the governing body that Whyte is supposedly loyal to

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/0...ecision-to-order-dillian-whyte-vs-luis-ortiz/

By Scott Gilfoid: Eddie Hearn says he plans on appealing the World Boxing Council’s decision to order a fight between #1 WBC Dillian Whyte and #3 Luis ‘King Kong’ Ortiz for the second mandatory position to get a title shot against WBC heavyweight champion Deontay ‘Bronze Bomber’ Wilder.

Hearn wants the WBC to install the 29-year-old Whyte (23-1, 17 KOs) as Wilder’s mandatory so that he can get a title shot straightaway rather than having to go through Ortiz (28-1, 24 KOs).
“We’re going to appeal that. [WBC president] Mauricio Sulaiman said he would talk about it this week, and maybe post a resolution,” Hearn said to skysports.com.

When the fight is floated, whyte employs his legal team to fight tooth and nail to avoid Ortiz.

This shows he was a clearly ducked fighter, hopefully he can get the fights against top opposition now and we won't have to hear brit fans talk about Whyte waiting 3000 days for a title shot

He ducked the biggest fight of his career by far in fighting Joshua. That would have made more money for him in any fight in boxing but he said he didn't have enough time. Time for what? Given his history with PED's a lot of fingers started pointing to the possibility of him being on cycle hence not having enough time to clean up to fight Joshua. Anyway Ortiz is yesterday's man, no one cares about him now. He fucked his career.

He ducked the biggest fight of his career by far in fighting Joshua. That would have made more money for him in any fight in boxing but he said he didn't have enough time. Time for what? Given his history with PED's a lot of fingers started pointing to the possibility of him being on cycle hence not having enough time to clean up to fight Joshua. Anyway Ortiz is yesterday's man, no one cares about him now. He fucked his career.

Again you can replace Ortiz's name with Whyte and it would almost perfectly fit your post. Only difference is Ortiz did make that money fighting Wilder on PPV. I guess that's what happens when you don't duck stipulations.

Hopefully this year will teach some of these guys and they can slug it out in the ring, instead of, in the courts. Hearing about a top 10 guy, with no titles, petitioning govt bodies to AVOID fighting another top 10 guy is embarassing, hopefully that become yesterdays news, although only 1 guy was guilty of that

Again you can replace Ortiz's name with Whyte and it would almost perfectly fit your post. Only difference is Ortiz did make that money fighting Wilder on PPV. I guess that's what happens when you don't duck stipulations.

Hopefully this year will teach some of these guys and they can slug it out in the ring, instead of, in the courts. Hearing about a top 10 guy, with no titles, petitioning govt bodies to AVOID fighting another top 10 guy is embarassing, hopefully that become yesterdays news, although only 1 guy was guilty of that
Ortiz is over, the guy is near 50. Whyte still has a long career ahead of him. Other than that yeah exactly the same lol

Back