Can we all agree Usman is a superior WW to St. Pierre?

No we can't cause he's not LOL.GSP without any doubt was the more skilled fighter and better fighter.

You can just tell the difference in standards between the fan bases. Usman fans marvel at him using an effective jab vs Burns after how many fights? GSP was doing that fight after fight and much better.

GSP wins a UD with overall better striking. They largely nullify each other wrestling/grappling-wise although I wouldn't be all that surprised if GSP also got the better of him there. Picture Usman-Colby but instead of Colby you have someone with much better striking and overall fundamentals.

Using Hardy as an example is relatively meaningless because GSP took no risks at that point. In his eyes, a standard UD was just as good as any other method of victory. Whether people agree with that mindset is a different story.

Maybe. But most people wont give him his dues for some weird reason.
Well, I mean Usman is cocky with an unlikable persona and Grease St Pierre always pretended to be so humble....

But no doubt, Usman is way better.

GSP wins a UD with overall better striking. They largely nullify each other wrestling/grappling-wise although I wouldn't be all that surprised if GSP also got the better of him there. Picture Usman-Colby but instead of Colby you have someone with much better striking and overall fundamentals.

Using Hardy as an example is relatively meaningless because GSP took no risks. In his eyes, a standard UD was just as good as any other method of victory. Whether people agree with that mindset is a different story.
Also the Jake Shields fight was a weak point.

Well, GSP was partially blind so it's not that much of a weak point. Definitely not the most crowd-pleasing fight though.
GSP had plenty of crowd UN-pleasing fights...meanwhile Marty just had the Jorge one but it was short notice.

GSP had plenty of crowd UN-pleasing fights...meanwhile Marty just had the Jorge one but it was short notice.

I mean I obviously agree if you actually read my posts. Unfortunately, the correlation between that and who would win if they fought is very low.

If GSP was 10 years younger, perhaps even just 5 years younger, Usman would get jabbed and out wrestled in a 50-44. And I hate GSP. Usman barely edged out Colby in a kickboxing match where he had size and reach on his side, and was also saved by the ref from a body kick that folded him deemed a low blow, and also allegedly broke his opponents jaw and still took 2 more rounds to take him out, and Usman’s last 2 defenses have been against former lightweights. His last defense was against a man who was KO’d by Dan Hooker. He also could not get Masvidal down for the first 2 rounds, and only held him against the cage and stomped on his foot for a UD. GSP’s dominance was just different, although even more boring than Usman has been, GSP was basically untouchable save for the first BJ fight, and the weaknesses he had for guys named Matt (which both were avenged) Honestly if Jonny Hendricks could have kept making weight, I think he would have beaten Usman as well, Jonny fucked GSP up, beat Lawler, then lost, then beat Condit in a war, and then barely lost to Lawler who was awesome at the time.

No. But I appreciate you exposing the trend in recency bias on here. Except for Stipe of course. He’s not that good because Ngannou looks cooler than him.

I mean while Georges was decisioning Dan Hardy and Jake Shields back in his prime, today we have Usman finishing Colby, Burns and breaking Woodley(when Tyron was thought to be unbeatable).

Usman is a better wrestler with a better chin and has way more power than Georges. I don’t see Suburb-Jorge being able to do anything different in the
upcoming/unnecessary rematch.

You can not convince me that there is one person out there who legitimately does not think Usman would absolutely mop the floor with St. Pierre.

Usman is just a better, badder version.
I'm just going to jump out on a limb and guess that you didn't start watching MMA until post 2010.. George is the WW king.. Lets see Usman Defend the Belt 4 times like woodley has first and beat his own title reign, before trying to rank Usman over GSP.... Gsp was king for 7 years over 2000 days, 9 title defenses.. Usman meanwhile has 3 and little over 700 days.. he's looked good give him that, but until he crosses 8 title defense's and carries his streak, there's no way in hell you can put Usman over GSP. It's a major case of recentism...

This ain't HW.. look at Ngannou he looks like the tougher HW ever, but until he proves that he is as dominant as a champion then the lead up doesn't matter as much as it does once you're actually on the throne. If Usman racks up more finishes and stays king for awhile he has a chance to pass GSP... lets see if he can finish Jorge.. cause most bets are that Usman wins by sloppy foot stomp decision, not sure how you put that above GSP anyways lol.. I think Jorge beats Usman this time..

People try to throw out title defenses as if they don't matter, but the truth is that your mind can only stay so sharp for so long, and fighting through that mental battle to remain on top is difficult, which is why title defenses matter above all except an undefeated record.. or low losses. but it's still too early to rank Usman as the greatest... he's headed in the right direction though. He still has to pass Matt Hughes on the WW ladder which I don't think he has done.. I'll say he is above Woodley since he has the win over him.. but that puts Usman at 3rd WW all time

Last edited:
Usman is better than Gsp.

But @LilNicky95 is a well known Fedor shill, so it's understandable why he's so angry at gsp for being more goat than bumdor.

Either way Usman and GSP >>> Fedor.

I'm just going to jump out on a limb and guess that you didn't start watching MMA until post 2010.. George is the WW king.. Lets see Usman Defend the Belt 4 times like woodley has first and beat his own title reign, before trying to rank Usman over GSP.... Gsp was king for 7 years over 2000 days, 9 title defenses.. Usman meanwhile has 3 and little over 700 days.. he's look good give him that, but until he crosses 8 title defense's and carries his streak, there's no way in hell you can put Usman over GSP. It's a major case of recentism...

This ain't HW.. look at Ngannou he looks like the tougher HW ever, but until he proves that he is as dominant as a champion then the lead up doesn't matter as much as it does once you're actually on the throne. If Usman racks up more finishes and stays king for awhile he has a chance to pass GSP... lets see if he can finish Jorge.. cause most bets are that Usman wins by slopping foot stomp decision, not sure how you put that above GSP anyways lol.. I think Jorge beats Usman this time.. People try to throw out title defenses but the truth is that your mind can only stay so sharp for so long, and fighting through that mental fight to remain on top is difficult, which is why title defenses matter above all except an undefeated record.. or low losses. but it's still too early to rank Usman as the greatest... he's headed in the right direction though.
Many of the guys Greases defended his title against were ONE dimensional...Hardy/striker...Shields/laughable stand up JJ guy.

Then he fought Hendricks...and well, retired.

Defend your title as much as GSP and then we’ll talk.

GSP had plenty of crowd UN-pleasing fights...

Yep that's why people kept buying tickets to watch him as he sold out every PPV he headlined.

Back