Can we all agree Usman is a superior WW to St. Pierre?

Rich Clementi also did the same you goof

Rumble wasn't even 1/4 as good when he was almost dying on the scale from cutting 40+lbs

Back when Johnson is green and isn't Rumble yet with just 4 fights? Yeah right.

Kos choked out Johnson when he is already the monster that is Rumble. No one else did that to Rumble at WW. Kos sent him packing to MW.

Ofcourse not, GSP >>>> Usman in their primes

Yes. The game has evolved. In a prime vs prime fight, Usman destroys GSP.
thats a bullshit argument , no it hasnt evolved , GSP was so far ahead in his training that hes still way better than everyone else. LOL any thought of GSP getting wall and stalled by Usman.
I'll go as far as saying I doubt that Usman would be any stronger than GSP in his prime anyway .
GSP by double leg and superman jab

Give it a few years before having this conversation in terms of legacy. I think prine for prime would be difficult to determine.

Woodley and Hendricks were as well if I remember correctly.

Many of the guys Greases defended his title against were ONE dimensional...Hardy/striker...Shields/laughable stand up JJ guy.

Then he fought Hendricks...and well, retired.

Dan Hardy was like on a 12 fight win streak that time and actually knock contenders off the ladder to earn a title shot and Jake has a 15 fight win streak and just beat Okami, Condit, Lawler and Dan Henderson when GSP fought them. Hendricks was claimed to be on the 'roids' to when GSP fought him. And after GSP beat them all, they all went spiraling down. GSP ended careers.

Usman after beating a guy that got knocked out by a featherweight Hooker, beat Jorge convincingly and want to do the same thing over again instead of other challengers coz he's that much of a superior WW than GSP is.

No. Usman's striking abilities are average at best.

Back when Johnson is green and isn't Rumble yet with just 4 fights? Yeah right.

Kos choked out Johnson when he is already the monster that is Rumble. No one else did that to Rumble at WW. Kos sent him packing to MW.
Rumble was terrible until he moved to LHW

What do you think would happen if a prime Rumble fought a prime Koscheck at 205?

Not a single one of those guys would be top 10 in today's welterweight division

Take a hike bud
Why wouldn’t they be?

Woodley was just ranked #5 despite being grappled and held down for 15 consecutive rounds? You don’t think a young Matt Hughes could do the same to him? Or someone like Luque (#6) who has never had to defend a takedown?

Anthony Johnson has 16 Of his 22 wins by KO within 3 rounds against guys up to LWH but he wouldn’t stand a chance against a guy like Gilbert burns who got KO’d by a Usman jab? Burns was also KO’d by a LW in Hooker before he moved WW.

The delusion is strong.

Last edited:
I mean while Georges was decisioning Dan Hardy and Jake Shields back in his prime, today we have Usman finishing Colby, Burns and breaking Woodley(when Tyron was thought to be unbeatable).

Usman is a better wrestler with a better chin and has way more power than Georges. I don’t see Suburb-Jorge being able to do anything different in the
upcoming/unnecessary rematch.

You can not convince me that there is one person out there who legitimately does not think Usman would absolutely mop the floor with St. Pierre.

Usman is just a better, badder version.

If anybody wants to see how good GSP, go watch his fights, he would struggle against all the guys that fight now.
The skill level has increased dramatically since his day.

Why wouldn’t they be?

Woodley was just ranked #5 despite being grappled and held down for 15 consecutive rounds? You don’t think a young Matt Hughes could do the same to him?

Anthony Johnson has 16 Of his 22 wins by KO within 3 rounds against guys up to LWH but he wouldn’t stand a chance against a guy like Gilbert burns who got KO’d by a Usman jab? Burns was also KO’d by a LW in Hooker before he moved WW.

The delusion is strong.
Take a hike dork.

Rumble was terrible until he moved to LHW

What do you think would happen if a prime Rumble fought a prime Koscheck at 205?
After winning 5 KOs (3 straight) and making a buzz as one of the most scariest guys at that time, he's still terrible? Lol

He just fought a much higher level fighter in Kos, and he took him out of the division.

And there's a fantasy match up forum here, you can take your prime Rumble vs prime Kos at 205 question there coz it's irrelevant in this topic.

Why wouldn’t they be?

Woodley was just ranked #5 despite being grappled and held down for 15 consecutive rounds? You don’t think a young Matt Hughes could do the same to him? Or someone like Luque (#6) who has never had to defend a takedown?

The delusion is strong.
Hughes was nothing compared to the guys Woodley faced, and Rumble was dogshit below LHW

Hughes was nothing compared to the guys Woodley faced

Try to stranglehold the WW division for years and years as much as GSP did, and have 7 title defenses. Who has Woodley faced that has done the same thing?

<JagsKiddingMe>

GSP has higher finishing rate than Usman, and who the hell thought Woodley was unbeatable?

TS and a few of his friends who cant stop posting about GSP.
I remember when Woodley was the best WW ever, and GSP was ducking him.
Then he got beat and now Usman is the best WW ever, and GSP is ducking him.

TS and a few of his friends who cant stop posting about GSP.
I remember when Woodley was the best WW ever, and GSP was ducking him.
Then he got beat and now Usman is the best WW ever, and GSP is ducking him.
You don’t see GSP talking about coming out of retirement to fight Usman do you bird-brain?

{<shrug}

Back