Can we all agree Usman is a superior WW to St. Pierre?

nothing but FACTS.

Many of the guys Greases defended his title against were ONE dimensional...Hardy/striker...Shields/laughable stand up JJ guy.

Then he fought Hendricks...and well, retired.
Usman KO'd one guy out of all of his fights until he became a champion.. GSP ruled for almost an entire decade my dude.. you keep commenting on the end of George's career.. and then leave out the fact he returned after a layoff to capture the MW belt.. lol. Like why you even bringing up GSP's name as a comparison..when Usman hasn't even past Matt Hughes credentials?

Can anyone tell me why u rate the Burns win so highly? Best thing he done was knocking out a completely done Maia and Decision a over the hill has been Woodley. Before that, Hooker fucking destroyed him. He only got the fight with Usman Because he was willing to step in on short notice.

You don’t see GSP talking about coming out of retirement to fight Usman do you bird-brain?

{<shrug}

The irony....
LilNicky having his IQ 95 in his username calling others birdbrain..
A bird outsmarts you on the regular.

Now go play in traffic you waste of oxygen.

Can we all agree that threads titled "can we all agree" followed by a broad stroke statement are dumb and just looking to stir the pot? But whatever it takes to pad that post and like count for personal gratification I guess.

GSP has the better striking, and 8 title defenses. Surpass that, then let's have this conversation.

I mean while Georges was decisioning Dan Hardy and Jake Shields back in his prime, today we have Usman finishing Colby, Burns and breaking Woodley(when Tyron was thought to be unbeatable).

Usman is a better wrestler with a better chin and has way more power than Georges. I don’t see Suburb-Jorge being able to do anything different in the
upcoming/unnecessary rematch.

You can not convince me that there is one person out there who legitimately does not think Usman would absolutely mop the floor with St. Pierre.

Usman is just a better, badder version.
Usman we have been seeing lately will be the favorite against any version of GSP. I don't know about being a more skilled wrestler but his power can overome what he might lack in technique. Even though I think St-Pierre was a better striker, I don't think he can effectively utilize his jabs against Usman who also has a good jab. I honestly don't know how the fight would progress but Usman can negate GSP's strengths.

Btw, I cannot stand Usman. I have no idea why such a dominant champion can be so insecure and defensive in all his interviews.

Before GSP, Jake Shields was on a 15 fight win streak that included Dan Henderson, Robbie Lawler, Carlos Condit, and Yushin Okami.

Shields even beat the man Usman took the belt off, Tyron Woodley.

Dan Hardy was like on a 12 fight win streak that time and actually knock contenders off the ladder to earn a title shot and Jake has a 15 fight win streak and just beat Okami, Condit, Lawler and Dan Henderson when GSP fought them. Hendricks was claimed to be on the 'roids' to when GSP fought him. And after GSP beat them all, they all went spiraling down. GSP ended careers.

Usman after beating a guy that got knocked out by a featherweight Hooker, beat Jorge convincingly and want to do the same thing over again instead of other challengers coz he's that much of a superior WW than GSP is.

Before GSP, Jake Shields was on a 15 fight win streak that included Dan Henderson, Robbie Lawler, Carlos Condit, and Yushin Okami.

Shields even beat the man Usman took the belt off, Tyron Woodley.

That's impressive indeed but if you look at the actual fights not just the record, it's still impressive but not as much.
I mean, in such win streak we saw Kampann, Miller and Okami (who arguably got robbed) getting the better of Shields in several rounds.

That's impressive indeed but if you look at the actual fights not just the record, it's still impressive but not as much.
I mean, in such win streak we saw Kampann, Miller and Okami (who arguably got robbed) getting the better of Shields in several rounds.
Shields knew how to win against the highest levels of competition. No one said it was pretty.

Last edited:
Shields looked average in the UFC, even his wins were very controversial. So its definitely not some all time great win GSP Fans make his out to be. Whats worse is that Shields out struck GSP for 2 rounds

I mean while Georges was decisioning Dan Hardy and Jake Shields back in his prime, today we have Usman finishing Colby, Burns and breaking Woodley(when Tyron was thought to be unbeatable).

Usman is a better wrestler with a better chin and has way more power than Georges. I don’t see Suburb-Jorge being able to do anything different in the
upcoming/unnecessary rematch.

You can not convince me that there is one person out there who legitimately does not think Usman would absolutely mop the floor with St. Pierre.

Usman is just a better, badder version.
One day, MMA fans will grow out of this.

"Woodley was thought to be unbeatable" - great troll job TS. Bump this thread in 2-3 years time and we can have a talk.

Shields new how to win against the highest levels of competition. No one said it was pretty.

I didnt refer to aesthetics, I meant that many of his notable wins are actually very controversial and Shields struggled to impose his game in them.
It's normal when facing high level competition of course, just saying because some times people copy-paste Ws on paper that not always tell the whole story.

Back