Can we talk about Aaron Pico's corner destroying his shoulder

he can make his own decisions.
It is the coaches job to make the right decisions for their fighters not to be paid 'yes men' fighters get caught in the heat of the moment and the coach is there to help them stay focused and level headed, and not to injure them because their ego is too fragile to not get a win on that particular day. How any clown can defend this garbage coach is unfathomable.

I really wonder how UFC handles Bo in comparison. Will they slow play it? Feed him as many cans for as long as possible? Slow but steady path up? Rush it after 2 highlight real finishes?
I hope they slow play it. It is so dumb what they did to Pico. I really can’t imagine they do it the same way. Now I don’t know much about Bo especially in regards to his age as compared to Pico but Pico was too young and they wanted to create that star way too fast.

This is a common problem in MMA actually. The corners NEVER stop their fighters, even when they're absolutely getting trashed. This was a fight where the corner should have stopped it - one of the biggest no brainers for a corner stoppage.

In boxing the corners stop their fighters all the time including high profile fights. In MMA there is like a bro mentality and guys take incredible amounts of damage in fights that aren't even that pivotal.

Show me one other instance of a fighters arm being treated like this in another fight
giphy.gif

Hahahahaa there's no hope for you. I said I have seen cornermen popping dislocated arms back in and said it's always much smoother than this. That's it. Try to use your brain sometimes. Ignored buh bye

So nothing broken then it seem?
When you dislocate your shoulder, you usually injure some tendons or other structures. He mentions "there are some things that need to be cleared up" and he is going to see a doctor.

Bellator can't afford doctors at their shows, huh?

it's a joke, I'm sure the doctors are provided by the commission

They had a doctor there. They're not there to provide between-round treatment but to stop the fight, and they did.

The doctor should have stopped his dumb coach who clearly has no medical knowledge lol

Yeah I'm sure he saw it and cringed a little, I know I did. Would be different if he was 40 and in a title shot fight, but cmon, he has his whole career. Really dumb move for nothing.

Do you remember when Pico went to MMA and some of the early trainning videos had guys throwing medicine balls at him on the ground as part of his "training"

Kid's head isn't screwed on straight and the camps he assosciates himself with are just like minded people

He had all the money in ther world to find a caring camp or create his own, but he picked the people he did

26 isn't that young when it comes to Tendon and ligament damage by the way, a lot of people start to get signs of arthritis at that age

I feel like popping a dislocated shoulder back in is pretty common in sports. I’ve done it myself in wrestling practice. Having said that, I’ve never seen it done the way Pico’s corner is trying to do it.

[
I feel like popping a dislocated shoulder back in is pretty common in sports. I’ve done it myself in wrestling practice. Having said that, I’ve never seen it done the way Pico’s corner is trying to do it.
Me neither, and I hope I don't again.

This is a common problem in MMA actually. The corners NEVER stop their fighters, even when they're absolutely getting trashed. This was a fight where the corner should have stopped it - one of the biggest no brainers for a corner stoppage.

In boxing the corners stop their fighters all the time including high profile fights. In MMA there is like a bro mentality and guys take incredible amounts of damage in fights that aren't even that pivotal.
Its because the culture is different. In MMA fights are only 3 or 5 rounds. In Boxing theres 12 and so there are more outs to give to a fighter,and its not considered unreasonable for a guy to quit in the later rounds if they took a prolonged beating. With MMA not having standing 8 counts and a short amount of rounds,we rarely see it stopped,and I think people are afraid to be judged harshly to stop a fight too soon. Certainly the retarded fans in here will have their field day.

26 Years old, 3 KO loses in Bellator

Already undergoing surgeries

People really think this guy is still a prospect? OR just a better version of Bubba Jenkins

26 Years old, 3 KO loses in Bellator

Already undergoing surgeries

People really think this guy is still a prospect? OR just a better version of Bubba Jenkins

3 KOs? He wasn't knocked out in his last loss...did you even see the fight?

Pico and Jenkins do not fight like each other. Also, isn't Bubba one of the best fighters in PFL - being a BETTER version of him at 26 would be a compliment...

3 KOs? He wasn't knocked out in his last loss...did you even see the fight?

Pico and Jenkins do not fight like each other. Also, isn't Bubba one of the best fighters in PFL - being a BETTER version of him at 26 would be a compliment...

Bubba washed out of Bellator

I didn't watch the fight because it doesnt matter, I watched his early fights and he hasn't changed at, still too much of a hothead

Bubba washed out of Bellator

I didn't watch the fight because it doesnt matter, I watched his early fights and he hasn't changed at, still too much of a hothead

You watched his fights when he was starting his career and it somehow doesn't matter? His last fight doesn't matter in a thread that is specifically about his last fight? It doesn't matter when you claimed got KO'd but he didn't, which if you saw the fight you would know? I think it matters quite a bit unless you like just being ignorant.

Bubba Jenkins didn't wash out of Bellator...he lost 1 in his last 5 fights when he left.

Back