International Canada’s First Prime Minister John A Macdonald Statue Torn down today

No one calls that guy the founder of America.

Columbus Day was started as a day to celebrate immigrants into the US. NYC, with it's large percentage of Italian immigrants decided Columbus would be the person to represent Immigration Day. This shows you how much pull NYC has within US politics.

It's an odd holiday since the guy never stepped foot on any land that eventually became the USA. He should never have had a holiday named after him. It should have just been Immigration Day and left it at that.

With that said, no one claims that he founded America.

It is a bit ironic that Columbus's role in the founding of America was propped up by the original immigrant generations who wanted to make it seem like they also had a place in America's history books, amongst the "Anglo-Saxon" Protestant Founding Fathers. But nowadays he's seen as an example of the opposite of that, a figure whose continued presence discredits and threatens America's minorities, and is sometimes even brought up as an example of white supremacy and the "white-washing" of history.

If it wasn't for the Italians, Columbus wouldn't really even be thought of as a guy that had anything to do with the United States, but they wanted to push his "discovery of America" as having also contributed to the founding of the United States, to make it seem like the Italians have always had a significant impact on America's history, even before the "Anglo-Saxons" themselves.

In that day and era, it was seen as "progressive" (from a pro-immigrant and pro-minorities perspective) to act like Columbus and the Italians had the "dibs" on the American continent prior to the Founding Fathers and the Anglo-Saxons. Even if Columbus, as you say, never even set foot on the land that eventually became the United States.

That has obviously changed by now as Italians have come to be seen as part of the "white majority", and Columbus a tyrant against the native POCs.

Last edited:
Holy hell you are some racists fucks and cant even see it,by most of your logics "ALL white people are diseased ridden animals who sleep with their own family members" . . . DERPP

Sherdogs finest representing as usual.

The vast majority of Indigenous people have assimilated culturally. They are driving vehicles, eating at restaurants, shopping at Wal-Mart, using smart phones to text and sext, playing videogames, watching movies, joining sports teams, wearing the latest clothing fashion and so on. It is not like they are living more traditional lifestyles independent of technology like the Hutterites and Amish. The Native kids know more about catching Pokemon than hunting and fishing.

A major concern that has been brought up in the media is that Native languages are dying off with the younger generations because most of them are not interested in learning the traditional languages. They would rather just speak English.

The only thing really holding Indigenous people back is the politics that keep them trapped in the hellish reserve system.
Trapped? The reserves are not jails. They can come and go as they please. I do think there is less financial assistance if you leave though.

Trapped? The reserves are not jails. They can come and go as they please. I do think there is less financial assistance if you leave though.

Psychologically, I don't think it is that easy to leave. There is a strong sense of community among friends and family there and an us against the world mentality that would make leaving feel like a betrayal. It is hard for a lot of people to leave what they are familiar with even if the surroundings are less than ideal. The biggest factor is that it is difficult to leave what you know and take responsibility for your own life. Responsibility is something a lot of people have difficulty with, especially leftists.

Christopher Columbus the "Founder" of America statues have been taken down. It's not a big deal

How is it not a big deal? WTF are you on?
image-placeholder-title.png

Tearing down statues of the architects of an attempted genocide is really such a small gesture towards reconciliation. If the govt won't do it, the people can do it for them.

I agree. Due process is overrated. Anytime something offends me I should be able to just remove it.

How is history being erased? They are just including the genocide parts now, not erasing anything.
I hope you are seriously joking. Well they might as well just rename the name of Canada while they are at it.
They are just including the genocide parts now, not erasing anything
Wrong but then your a progressive so of course you would say they arent erasing anything. At least they arent erasing fast.

Statue of Sir John A. Macdonald covered as Indigenous community calls for it to come down
he statue of Sir John A. Macdonald in downtown Hamilton has been covered in fabric from head to toe and wrapped tightly with a red rope.

Shrouding the statue was part of a gathering held at Gore Park on Sunday, as Indigenous community members shared their frustration with the pace at which the city is responding to requests that it be removed.
"For Indigenous folks that have to walk by him every day, I think their lives are more valuable than a hunk of metal," said Jordan Carrier, a Plains Cree woman and Hamilton resident who helped organize the event.
If folks like the city, which have committed to truth and reconciliation, are actually committed, the community has spoken. They've said 'I'm triggered. This hurts me.'"
June marks National Indigenous History Month, Carrier noted, but this year it's been "vigil after vigil" and there has been little celebration. She sees removing the statue as a chance to fix that.
"I would like the city that I live in, the city that I love … love me in return."

This is getting ridiculous now.

She sees removing the statue as a chance to fix that
I am sure they will find something offensive next to complain about the Canadian history.

Last edited:
I am sure they will find something offensive next to complain about the Canadian history.

If only these Indigenous groups would put as much effort into taking responsibility for their own lives as they put into finding trivial things to whine about. They can change the history textbooks, tear down the statues and blame whitey for all of their problems, but it won't change their own lives for the better.

Back