Elections Canada's Racist Elections

Let me tell you, there nothing caustic about my asshole. I keep it tidy, like my logic. I have plenty of faults and I freely own up to them but here you point to an attribute of my comment as though it applies to me generally. My conclusion is superior because it is based on reality rather than a misstatement of the circumstances, and with over 15 years on Sherdog you should expect as much of yourself so yeah, that's pretty disappointing; I honestly want to be able to respect you. Apparently, you agree with me since you resorted to ad hominem instead of rebutting the point of my post. That you could not muster a more adult reaction in response is hardly a bad look for me, is it?

You seem like a relatively smart guy. What is your difficulty with this issue and my expectation that after 15 years here you aren't literally a knuckle dragging barbarian? If you want to cop to plain ol' trolling just let me know and I'll re-assess my expectations.
The candle cleans it THAT well???

The candle cleans it THAT well???
<WhatIsThis>
Do yourself a favor. Quit being... well... anyway get yourself one of these:
p_1001491862.jpg

Not referring to you particularly, but it's most helpful for people who have trouble just letting go of their shit. ;)

<WhatIsThis>
Do yourself a favor. Quit being... well... anyway get yourself one of these:
p_1001491862.jpg

Not referring to you particularly, but it's most helpful for people who have trouble just letting go of their shit. ;)
I couldn't help it lol.

It just popped into my head and my fingers started typing it!

I'm in a smart-ass mood today

What issue did I deliberately misstate? The fact is some people have been brainwashed into thinking the push for voter ID is indeed rooted in racism. Sure, some people want to implement it while simultaneously working on making it harder for some demographic to get said ID, but that's a separate if connected issue that must be addressed. There's more than one valid problem at play here. And to dismiss the fact that only eligible people should be allowed to vote is to dismiss one, while myopically only focusing on your own concern.
I repeat, "Do these other posts appear ITT prior to the one to which I replied?"

Do you expect me to take seriously the notion that anyone but the poorly informed and hence totally disengaged politically--and therefore insignificant in their effect--are easily influenced in any meaningful way by this idea? Got the receipts?

My own concern? What in the actual fuck do you know about my own concern, pray tell? I am a radiant beacon on the reality of white privilege FFS.

Explain yourself or get lost: "The fact is some people have been brainwashed into thinking the push for voter ID is indeed rooted in racism. Sure, some people want to implement it while simultaneously working on making it harder for some demographic to get said ID, but that's a separate if connected issue that must be addressed."

The push for voter ID is rooted in racism. What makes you think it isn't? Is it a coincidence that this became a big talking point among Republicans even as the Mitch McConnell-led Senate defeated 3 election security bills introduced by Democrats in 2020 alone--an election year no less?

So no, there is only one valid problem at play here. The invalid problem at play here, double entendre intended, is you have to be a fucking dunce to suggest that although it was Republicans misstating over and over that the issue is Democrats are calling voter ID racist, this is also part of some leftist agenda to groom people to believe requiring ID to vote is racist. Please tell me you aren't stupid enough to double down on this logic.

I repeat, "Do these other posts appear ITT prior to the one to which I replied?"

Do you expect me to take seriously the notion that anyone but the poorly informed and hence totally disengaged politically--and therefore insignificant in their effect--are easily influenced in any meaningful way by this idea? Got the receipts?

My own concern? What in the actual fuck do you know about my own concern, pray tell? I am a radiant beacon on the reality of white privilege FFS.

Explain yourself or get lost: "The fact is some people have been brainwashed into thinking the push for voter ID is indeed rooted in racism. Sure, some people want to implement it while simultaneously working on making it harder for some demographic to get said ID, but that's a separate if connected issue that must be addressed."

The push for voter ID is rooted in racism. What makes you think it isn't? Is it a coincidence that this became a big talking point among Republicans even as the Mitch McConnell-led Senate defeated 3 election security bills introduced by Democrats in 2020 alone--an election year no less?

So no, there is only one valid problem at play here. The invalid problem at play here, double entendre intended, is you have to be a fucking dunce to suggest that although it was Republicans misstating over and over that the issue is Democrats are calling voter ID racist, this is also part of some leftist agenda to groom people to believe requiring ID to vote is racist. Please tell me you aren't stupid enough to double down on this logic.
So you think voter id is indeed racist, got it, and summarily dismissed.

Didn't read your wall of condescension btw. Learn to communicate like a human being and less like some angry automaton if you want what you think you're deserving of.

I voted today.

I was shocked at the blatant racism and systemic discrimination shown to BIPOC and other downtrodden and oppressed people.

In order to be able to vote, the Canadian Federal Government required that I:

1. Be a Canadian citizen.
2. Prove my identity.
3. Prove my address.

I had to wait in line for about 20 minutes, and nobody was there to give me free water or snacks!!!

Strangely, I haven't seen a single protest regarding these draconian, tyrannical and racist voting laws. When will someone stand up and say "enough is enough !" ?

20210913-133004.jpg

You don't need much to prove your identity, to vote.. so it's not a big deal.

Seen on the news in my city they're really doing their best to get the most important voters to vote, the ones living in the streets shooting heroin and what not on the regular. I'm sure they know who's gunna help them get them off their feet, cause let's be real a lot has changed in the past century... lmfao.. only one thing changed.. legalization of marijuana... that's how slow minded politicians actually are.

As is Justin. They've gift wrapped the election for him and have even somehow managed to put a majority back on the table. Impressive.
I dont see a majority happening, but I dont see the Liberals losing. Another minority government is essentially a loss for Trudeau. What a waste of time.

Any Liberal victory is all on the Conservatives. They haven't done enough to differentiate themselves from the pack.

I dont see a majority happening, but I dont see the Liberals losing. Another minority government is essentially a loss for Trudeau. What a waste of time.

Any Liberal victory is all on the Conservatives. They haven't done enough to differentiate themselves from the pack.

I don't think majority either but it is probably as likely an outcome as con minority as of right now. It is kind of an untenable situation for CPC, if they appease PPC voters too much they lose support elsewhere and drive NDP voters to JT.

Back