Elections Canadian Federal Election 2019 Thread

I am utterly ashamed of this country.

If skyrocketing house prices, stalling industry, comical investment in defense or healthcare, open corruption, open racism, antagonism towards both the west and east, and year after year of record deficit spending just to pay the bills won't convince Ontarians not to vote red, then there is no hope.

I guess "diversity is strength" and stopping law abiding gun owners from muh evilz AsSuAlT rIfLeS is more important than having a stable job or being able to start a family.

I guess the fear mongering tactics from the cons this election didn’t pan out. In the end, the people decided that a pandemic election wasn’t a big enough of a deal to change their vote. People like good Patriots stood in lines to vote and it was civil and respectful.

I guess the fear mongering tactics from the cons this election didn’t pan out. In the end, the people decided that a pandemic election wasn’t a big enough of a deal to change their vote. People like good Patriots stood in lines to vote and it was civil and respectful.

I think Kenney completely shitting the bed on Covid response had a factor.

Alberta is pleading for help as their ICUs are overflowing. Asking to airlift patients to Ontario as other provinces said they won't take them.

It was really fun voting actually. We all have big properties here, and don't mingle too much outside our close neighbours, especially the past couple of years with COVID. It seemed like the whole neighbourhood went to vote at the same time, so it was pretty festive.

Alberta is pleading for help as their ICUs are overflowing. Asking to airlift patients to Ontario as other provinces said they won't take them.

Didn't Kenney/Alberta fire a bunch of hospital staff with their mandates, which lead to staffing/ICU shortages. I haven't really looked into it much.

It was really fun voting actually. We all have big properties here, and don't mingle too much outside our close neighbours, especially the past couple of years with COVID. It seemed like the whole neighbourhood went to vote at the same time, so it was pretty festive.

Didn't Kenney/Alberta fire a bunch of hospital staff with their mandates, which lead to staffing/ICU shortages. I haven't really looked into it much.

Yup, also he was reopening way too early and wasnt taking Covid seriously...and NOW he is declaring a health emergency.

He issued a half assed apology as well.

Another example of Ont basically being the only reason Canada has not YET fallen into 3rd world country status.

Another example of Ont basically being the only reason Canada has not YET fallen into 3rd world country status.

Doug was late getting on board with Covid response but he saw the light and really ramped it up quickly afterward. His rollout of color coded lockdowns and rules was a convoluted mess and wasn't fair towards small businesses, but we eventually got through everything.

Now he's still freezing healthcate raises at 1% per year.

Doug was late getting on board with Covid response but he saw the light and really ramped it up quickly afterward. His rollout of color coded lockdowns and rules was a convoluted mess and wasn't fair towards small businesses, but we eventually got through everything.

Now he's still freezing healthcate raises at 1% per year.

DoFo was the man. He did better than damn near any other leader in Canada esp. with all the feds dumped on us with all those cases coming in from Pearson and no real quarintine plus so much more, like not having a national passport.

Absolutly disgusting how the feds shirked so much of their responsibility to the provinces, but yeah less people voted for Trudy who remains our fearless leader.

Are you serious?

Ontario has been probably the worst run province in Canada for like 15 years. Successive governments squandered huge amounts of money.

equlization payments and tax base bro.

Without Ont's cash, the nation is done.

DoFo was the man. He did better than damn near any other leader in Canada esp. with all the feds dumped on us with all those cases coming in from Pearson and no real quarintine plus so much more, like not having a national passport.

Absolutly disgusting how the feds shirked so much of their responsibility to the provinces, but yeah less people voted for Trudy who remains our fearless leader.
Funny. During the elections, Doug was basically a pariah to the federal cons. Hindsight and all that, but otoole fucked up imo.

The conservatives used fear mongering? Not prior to Trudeau hitting the big red machine playbook and strike fear into women with baseless abortion threats the classic "guns on the street" that has been used since the 90's and the current "Conservatives are anti-vax". Your opinions are pretty fucked up but I think you are trolling. Trudeau ran the shitty campaign first hands-down. And I guess you would say it worked.

equlization payments and tax base bro.

Without Ont's cash, the nation is done.

That may be true of the maritimes. It's not true of BC or Alberta or Sakatchewan.

Ontario's tax base doesn't do anything for the West that the West couldn't do for itself.

And again, the Ontario provincial government has been almost criminally incompetent for well over a decade.

I know Toronto thinks it is the centre of the universe, but Ontario isn't Atlas holding up the sky.

Funny. During the elections, Doug was basically a pariah to the federal cons. Hindsight and all that, but otoole fucked up imo.

That is really interesting. I saw a bunch of talking heads on CBC discussing just that.

That may be true of the maritimes. It's not true of BC or Alberta or Sakatchewan.

Ontario's tax base doesn't do anything for the West that the West couldn't do for itself.

And again, the Ontario provincial government has been almost criminally incompetent for well over a decade.

I know Toronto thinks it is the centre of the universe, but Ontario isn't Atlas holding up the sky.

Its true about the atlantic provinces, QC, all 3 terrirories, and has been true at times with both SASK and Manitoba.

The DoFo govt has made it through the pandemic better than most.

That is really interesting. I saw a bunch of talking heads on CBC discussing just that.
Hmmm. Don’t watch CBC. We’re they saying the outcome could have been different if they aligned with doug rather than silenced him?

Its true about the atlantic provinces, QC, all 3 terrirories, and has been true at times with both SASK and Manitoba.

The DoFo govt has made it through the pandemic better than most.
Considering the population and density in Ontario, I’d give him good marks. He really did change his tune early and treated the pandemic with a sense of urgency that it required.

The conservatives used fear mongering? Not prior to Trudeau hitting the big red machine playbook and strike fear into women with baseless abortion threats the classic "guns on the street" that has been used since the 90's and the current "Conservatives are anti-vax". Your opinions are pretty fucked up but I think you are trolling. Trudeau ran the shitty campaign first hands-down. And I guess you would say it worked.
Otoole had plenty of chances to clarify his stances on the gun and abortion and didn’t. If Trudeau was fear mongering with guns and abortions, otoole could have shoved that up his ass so fast, but he didn’t. He was cryptic and didn’t give straight answers and he lost credibility for that.

he had good momentum early in the campaign, and I even said, in this thread or another that he would fuck it up. He did that bigly.

Hmmm. Don’t watch CBC. We’re they saying the outcome could have been different if they aligned with doug rather than silenced him?

No. It was more that O'toole wanted to distance himself from Kenny and would be hard to cozy up to 1 premier while distancing from another. Also DoFo is much more pro-vaccine passport etc than fed Cons were.

Otoole had plenty of chances to clarify his stances on the gun and abortion and didn’t. If Trudeau was fear mongering with guns and abortions, otoole could have shoved that up his ass so fast, but he didn’t. He was cryptic and didn’t give straight answers and he lost credibility for that.

he had good momentum early in the campaign, and I even said, in this thread or another that he would fuck it up. He did that bigly.

Otoole is pro-choice with regards to abortion. That was crystal clear Since he has been leader of CPC. The Liberals and media tried to pry out that "oh my God he might allow a doctor to refuse to give one" or whatever fake issue they created. Pro-choice and never going back since what, 1988? Fear mongering definition I'd say.

As far as the "assault-style" gun ban; does the word "style" not catch you offguard a bit? It means it's not an assault rifle, it is a replica. Another absolute non-issue created by liberal and media fear mongering.

Liberals are the kings of fear mongering and their voters will fall for it hook, line and sinker every time. Citiots care way too much about shit that doesn't affect their day in any way. Worry about yourselves and what affects you.

Conservatives tend to be a lot more self-sufficient and care about what affects us.

Back