Rumored Canelo vs Bivol DAZN

All the guys at MW are very beatable for canelo and he’s at SMW now. These guys aren’t moving up so I just don’t see it happening.
The orgs all allow champions to challenge other like-affiliated champions without having to be ranked contenders in the new division. I think Charlo would take the money knowing at worst he remains WBC champion at 160lbs. Its a no lose kinda situation. I mean its what Canelo basically did as MW champ.

Would rather see him fight Beterbiev. Thats a superfight, and would cement Canelo as a goat

I think a guy like Gvozdyk was definitely beatable for Canelo. Bivol is definitely more challenging because of his style and Beterbiev is simply a bridge too far in my mind.
really? i always felt like gvozdyk had the style to give canelo the most fits. he was the best boxer out of the 3 and had the power to back it up. his biggest problem was that beterbiev is a beast.

Not a bad fight but lol if Canelo takes another belt at 175 only to relinquish it afterwards. There doesn’t seem to be a focused plan for him right now besides making money and building his brand. The unification with Plant at 168 should be next, followed by Benavidez and/or GGG 3. Then a proper campaign up at 175, not this cherry-pick titles only to relinquish them merry-go-round. It’s silly. If he fights Bicol and beats him, which he very well might do, he should keep the strap and defend it against the winner of Beterbiev/Smith Jr

This is a good fight. Also, Eddie Reynoso has been talking about Bivol and Beterviev for a while.

Damn you struggle with reading comp don’t you?

Canelo dropped the belt he had at 175... remember that? And now he wants to just jump right back to 175 to fight another title holder without taking on any other live bodies to earn his title shot..?

Fuck off if you think this is best practice. I’ve got no issue with dudes jumping up a division to fight for a belt. Brilliant!!! That’s what sport is all about.

But if you’re just going to go up to challenge for a belt with NO INTENTION TO DEFEND IT then get fucked!!!

I like Canelo. But I’m not a nut hugger. What’s best for him is not necessarily what’s best for the sport, controversial statement, I know

I don’t think boxing as a sport is well served by dudes just jumping weigh classes, gettting immediate title shots, and then vacating. Fuck that.

It makes a mockery of the sport and anyone who says otherwise is a cum guzzling sycophant

This is nothing new and no one other than you seems to care about this lol. You’d have a hard time explaining why Canelo moving across weight classes without defending actually makes a mockery of the sport. No one gives a shit about that. This is not mma.

hard time explaining why Canelo moving across weight classes without defending actually makes a mockery of the sport. No one gives a shit about that. This is not mma.
No, this is business, both: mma and pro boxing too.
Best business example was when Canelo had used welterweight Khan as an opponent for middleweight title defense.

Pro boxing business is to create big brand and get big fanbase for this brand.
Fanbase in rare cases cares about jumping between weight classes, cherry picking, hometown officiating, things like these.

really? i always felt like gvozdyk had the style to give canelo the most fits. he was the best boxer out of the 3 and had the power to back it up. his biggest problem was that beterbiev is a beast.

Beterbiev being able to take Gvozdyk's shots made that result inevitable. Had he focused on the body more, he would've gotten Gvozdyk out earlier. I think Gvozdyk was a guy who was always susceptible to being timed, especially by a guy like Canelo, based on the way he threw his combinations and that his body was always there to be had. By no means am I suggesting that Canelo would walk through him (Gvozdyk would have every chance of winning), but I think Bivol's more mobile and conventional style might be better suited than Gvozdyk's was.

Beterbiev being able to take Gvozdyk's shots made that result inevitable. Had he focused on the body more, he would've gotten Gvozdyk out earlier. I think Gvozdyk was a guy who was always susceptible to being timed, especially by a guy like Canelo, based on the way he threw his combinations and that his body was always there to be had. By no means am I suggesting that Canelo would walk through him (Gvozdyk would have every chance of winning), but I think Bivol's more mobile and conventional style might be better suited than Gvozdyk's was.
interesting take.

i thought what cost gvozdyk vs beterbiev was the fact that artur pressured him and made him back up, while hitting him with thudding shots and ragdolling him in the clinch. it's not like canelo has that style, he's much more of a slick boxer and he doesn't have biev's power. i saw the gvozdyk beterbiev fight as a complete coin toss, but i would've favored gvozdyk quite heavily vs bivol. styles make fights, i guess.

it's too bad canelo didn't actually stick around at 175 and made those fights. i mean i don't blame him, as far as i'm concerned he has no business being at 175 at all, but him vs any one of those three guys would've been the bomb.

Beterbiev being able to take Gvozdyk's shots made that result inevitable. Had he focused on the body more, he would've gotten Gvozdyk out earlier. I think Gvozdyk was a guy who was always susceptible to being timed, especially by a guy like Canelo, based on the way he threw his combinations and that his body was always there to be had.
If Beterbiev then had more focus to body earlier, Gvozdyk might had KOed him. To hit body you need create some opening in your defense vs head punches.
Gvozdyk when not tired I think was far more dangerous than prime Kovalev despite he was not considered as KO artist. When Beterbiev managed to slow him down with body blows, only then he was able to land on him more effective punches and ofc also next body treatment.

To attempt do stuff what he did in early rounds was too high risk. Gvozdyk is large LWH boxer who was no joke to deal with. He had enough power to be stylistically as a puncher while he was boxer type stylistically.

You're both right and lol at the same time.
They’re throwing his name around because he’s one of Eddies boys and a relatively marketable body they can sell as a credible threat to casuals stateside ... who’s not actually a threat to Canelo at all.

Canelo would look like a killer while murdering Andrade.

But don’t get it twisted. This is exactly what Andrade has spent the last 10 years looking for: a big cash out fight.

He represents everything that I hate about boxing. A guy who’s only goal is to protect his undefeated record in order to secure one (1) eight figure payday an nope the fuck out of the sport. He has no ambition. None.

Used to be a fan but I’m done with him. Don’t even want to see Canelo whoop him as I don’t think Andrade deserves the payday or shine. Would rather that platform go to GGG, Charlo, or Benavidez. Fuck Boo Boo
I never followed him very closely, but I honestly expected a little more given his amateur accolades.

Great fight!!!! I just want to see Canelo announce his next fight wether it's vs Caleb Plant or Bivol. I'm good with both opponents.

interesting take.

i thought what cost gvozdyk vs beterbiev was the fact that artur pressured him and made him back up, while hitting him with thudding shots and ragdolling him in the clinch. it's not like canelo has that style, he's much more of a slick boxer and he doesn't have biev's power. i saw the gvozdyk beterbiev fight as a complete coin toss, but i would've favored gvozdyk quite heavily vs bivol. styles make fights, i guess.

it's too bad canelo didn't actually stick around at 175 and made those fights. i mean i don't blame him, as far as i'm concerned he has no business being at 175 at all, but him vs any one of those three guys would've been the bomb.

Beterbiev beat him in a way the way that Beterbiev beats everyone.

What I'm going off of is the Stevenson fight. It was a fight where Gvozdyk's workrate and stamina (and durability) carried him through, but he repeatedly ran into shots (granted, Stevenson was a very good counter puncher on his day) and showed himself to be very susceptible to bodywork when Stevenson decided to walk him down for stretches (a guy who has never loved the front foot and who by this fight was very old and low-volume). Stevenson is obviously a southpaw and a fair bit different than Canelo, so it's not a perfect comparison, but Gvozdyk's style of punching and tendencies on the backfoot played into Canelo's strengths, I think.

Of course, considering the size difference and Gvozdyk's quality, I wouldn't have a great deal of faith in Canelo beating him, but I see a guy like Bivol (and definitely Beterbiev) as causing more obvious issues on the face of it. Bivol because I think he's a little more comfortable on the backfoot and not so easy to counter, and Beterbiev because he, as is frequently mentioned, is a beast.

Beterbiev beat him in a way the way that Beterbiev beats everyone.

What I'm going off of is the Stevenson fight. It was a fight where Gvozdyk's workrate and stamina (and durability) carried him through, but he repeatedly ran into shots (granted, Stevenson was a very good counter puncher on his day) and showed himself to be very susceptible to bodywork when Stevenson decided to walk him down for stretches (a guy who has never loved the front foot and who by this fight was very old and low-volume). Stevenson is obviously a southpaw and a fair bit different than Canelo, so it's not a perfect comparison, but Gvozdyk's style of punching and tendencies on the backfoot played into Canelo's strengths, I think.

Of course, considering the size difference and Gvozdyk's quality, I wouldn't have a great deal of faith in Canelo beating him, but I see a guy like Bivol (and definitely Beterbiev) as causing more obvious issues on the face of it. Bivol because I think he's a little more comfortable on the backfoot and not so easy to counter, and Beterbiev because he, as is frequently mentioned, is a beast.
oh ok then we see it more alike than i thought at first.

all this talk makes me want to see gvozdyk come back and canelo actually fighting bivol next.

Rewatched Beterbiev Gvozdyk.

Beterbiev has amazing stamina and workrate and I think that would cause Canelo a lot of problems when you add in the clear size differential.
has

I’m one of the few that seems to see Bivol being a harder fight for Canelo than Beterbiev. Either way, I hope either fight materializes or both. If canelo beats Bivol then absolutely no one of the expected contenders (Benavides,Charlo, Plant, etc) will have much of a chance baring some crazy upset.

so if he does beat bivol I hope beterbiev is next

I’m one of the few that seems to see Bivol being a harder fight for Canelo than Beterbiev. Either way, I hope either fight materializes or both. If canelo beats Bivol then absolutely no one of the expected contenders (Benavides,Charlo, Plant, etc) will have much of a chance baring some crazy upset.

so if he does beat bivol I hope beterbiev is next

I think both Bivol and Beterbiev beat Canelo, Bivol via UD and Beterbiev by KO. But man if Canelo beats both i don't know where he goes from there.

IMO in prime shape Gvozdyk still was bigger threat than Bivol in prime shape.
While they both are mainly boxers, Gvozdyk had considerably higher 1 punch power despite his style was more like boxer not even boxer- puncher or puncher - boxer, not alone puncher style.
Gvozdyk was very durable, I think Bivol in current shape is not able to finish this Gvozdyk version from Beterbiev fight.
Bet hits really hard for medium size CW boxer, not alone LHW boxer and still he worked very hard until managed to slow him down, only then he started to land on him more properly and managed to land enough effective head level punches on him.
Bet then was in very good shape and still, if he didn't had managed to stop him, I don't think that he had won decision vs Gvozdyk. Gvozdyk landed on him considerably more punches and looked enough active.
Until Bet managed to slow him down.

He had to relinquish the WBO light heavyweight title due to Canelo having multiple titles at SMW. It's an actual rule by the WBO that you must relinquish all other titles from other weight classes if you are to keep theirs.
Not a bad fight but lol if Canelo takes another belt at 175 only to relinquish it afterwards. There doesn’t seem to be a focused plan for him right now besides making money and building his brand. The unification with Plant at 168 should be next, followed by Benavidez and/or GGG 3. Then a proper campaign up at 175, not this cherry-pick titles only to relinquish them merry-go-round. It’s silly. If he fights Bicol and beats him, which he very well might do, he should keep the strap and defend it against the winner of Beterbiev/Smith Jr

I wish Adonis had been healthy and around during the time Canelo Kov happened. I'd have liked seeing Cinnamon take on superman, too.

Back