Canelo vs Yildirim Feb.27th DAZN MIAMI

It's stuff like this that annoys me. This fight is a glorified gym session for Canelo so to say "witness greatness" is just sad.

Canelo is great and we get to witness him fight, so seems OK.

Bottom line is that I’d rather see Canelo beat up Yildirim tomorrow and then watch him fight a credible opponent in May than wait until May to watch him fight a credible opponent.

Canelo is great and we get to witness him fight, so seems OK.

Bottom line is that I’d rather see Canelo beat up Yildirim tomorrow and then watch him fight a credible opponent in May than wait until May to watch him fight a credible opponent.

True true, just seems a bit corny saying "witness greatness" when he's fighting a pilgrim.

Avni's new trainer, Joel Diaz says it will be a completely new Avni with different boxing skills in this Canelo fight. He also says they changed Avni's nickname, and it won't be mr.robot anymore.
I'll be glad to see Canelo caught off guard by something that makes him adjust and prove his way past unexpected adversity, but I think this will be a little about getting rounds and without much danger involved for the redhead, but eventually the big KO shot.

I can't describe how hyped I am. Biggest Boxing Match in turkish History. Shock the world Yildirim.

I attended Yildirim’s first fight in Miami back in 2015. True story. I was on vacation there and had convinced the old lady to come with me. The venue was a movie studio located in a very gentrified area of Miami, and the boxing event itself looked like a Cuban party, people were getting plates of rice and bottled beers at a food stand by the entrance. I don’t remember it all very precisely as I was absolutely fucking drunk, but the fights were decent. The headliner was Glen Johnson’s last professional bout. He was 45 and gave a good account of himself - as usual - againt young Yildirim, who was like 5-0 back then. People around me were convinced that Johnson was winning but Yildirim outworked him convincingly IMO, an opinion I didn’t voice too loudly. That’s a fond memory. I’ve been having a soft spot for Yildirim since then.

Canelo clubs him like a baby seal, BTW.

Last edited:
Back