Cant gain weight/fat for the life of me

AlanGregson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Im 19, not skinny by any means, but holy fuck does my body not hold on to any excess fat, i dont want a lot, just a little bit to feel stronger when im grappling.
5ft10 175lbs 11-12% bf. The most i can get to by overeating like crazy is 182lbs with a lot of undigested food and water weight.
To give you a rundown, i was like 180lbs yesterday before i went to sleep, i woke up today at 175lbs....

Like wtf...

I eat a lot for my size, 5 eggs in the morning,junk food (candy, chips, chocolate), chocolate cereal, a sandwich or two , fruit and veggies and i like to finish off my day with 4 chicken breasts. I out eat my roided up 220 pound uncle and this is just to maintain my current weight, its really hurting my wallet and digestive system to eat this much.

If you're not gaining weight, literally the only answer is that you're not consuming enough calories.

This is supposed to be good for bulking up..

Screen_Shot_2017-02-09_at_12.19.10_PM.png

If you're not gaining weight, literally the only answer is that you're not consuming enough calories.
I doubt it, my body just refuses to pack on fat, by eating junk food i mean, i eat two whole medium sizes chocolates by myself, that is about 1100 calories of just chocolate and im not gonna gain any extra weight from that, i know fat dudes that eat way less than me and i know regular people that would be fat if they ate my diet.

i know fat dudes that eat way less than me and i know regular people that would be fat if they ate my diet.

You mean different people have different metabolic rates? Fucking insane.

5 eggs and some garbage food doesn't seem like much for a 175lb guy trying to gain weight. You might want to add some more protein to that feast.

I'll give you a hint...
How man calories do i need to consume? 4000? 5000?, its not like im 200 pounds of muscle, its a bit fucking strange that my body quite literally burns of excess fat, wether i work out or not. I could literally be sitting on a couch all day with minimal exercise and still not be fat. In highachool when i started going through puberty i was literally sitting at home playing video games, not watching my diet at all and i was still muscular and very low body fat, much lower than now.

How man calories do i need to consume? 4000? 5000?, its not like im 200 pounds of muscle, its a bit fucking strange that my body quite literally burns of excess fat, wether i work out or not. I could literally be sitting on a couch all day with minimal exercise and still not be fat. In highachool when i started going through puberty i was literally sitting at home playing video games, not watching my diet at all and i was still muscular and very low body fat, much lower than now.
Same thing until 30

First of all, a lot of people don't know how much they really consume. Whether that be a lot less, or a lot more calories than they think. If you want to be strict about it, calculate your weekly calorie intake by counting everything you eat and in which quantities. Myfitnesspal has a decent tracker for that. When you know exactly how much you consume, then you'll have a better idea of what to do about it. However, putting all that aside, as @JimRussel said, if you are not gaining weight you are not consuming enough calories simple as that.

You are a young guy and you're active, which is why it makes sense you need a decent amount. There's lots of easy and "healthy" ways to get more calories btw, something like nuts have almost 600 calories pr. 100 gram.

Secondly, I wish I had your problem. I have absolutely no issue getting fat.

I just posted this in another thread - you need to try to add as many calories to every dish even though it may not look like you are eating much more. For example, eating 6 slices of pizza can mean a lot of things. 6 slices of pepperoni is a lot different from 6 slices of a thick crust meat lovers. In a 16 oz smoothie, one with berries and spinach is a lot different than one with peanut butter, protein powder, yogurt, etc. I always tried to pack as much calories into every dish, even if the dish didn't look much bigger.

I just posted this in another thread - you need to try to add as many calories to every dish even though it may not look like you are eating much more. For example, eating 6 slices of pizza can mean a lot of things. 6 slices of pepperoni is a lot different from 6 slices of a thick crust meat lovers. In a 16 oz smoothie, one with berries and spinach is a lot different than one with peanut butter, protein powder, yogurt, etc. I always tried to pack as much calories into every dish, even if the dish didn't look much bigger.
Exactly. It’s all about density.

Good quality olive oil, for example. EVOO has 120 calories per tbsp. It’s pretty easy to get 5 of those in somewhere throughout the day. That’s 600 calories.

This is THE most classic lifting forum thread of all time and the answer never changes.

You will have to eat a lot more and train appropriately. There’s guys that need like 7000 calories a day to gain weight. I recommend liquid meals/powders, nuts/olive oil or even coconut oil.

Try drinking more of your calories in form of protein shakes.

If you don't already, you can take micronized creatine to retain more water weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back