Cant start new thread?

@Lethal any way to put this as a message somewhere to new accounts?

A notification you have to click away

"You must have 150 posts before you can make threads"

Think it would solve all this confusion

Heya folks, filthy casual here. I've never followed sports until now and I'm fascinated by the way people seem to emotionally invest in specific fighters/narratives and how they change over time. As such, I was hoping to search through older threads and view a given story from the start. Unfortunately, the default forum search options seemed geared towards the opposite: I see "newer than" and "sort by newest" but no "older than" or "sort by oldest".

I tried using google with "site:forums.sherdog.com" and then specifying a date range, but google date search doesn't play well with forum results for some reason, so I'll be flooded with 2019 results on a 2013 only search...

Did I just miss a search option, or is there another search method/engine I should try?

I would have posted my own thread, but there's basically no chance I will ever have the 150 posts to start my own thread.
You can search in a particular subforum by clicking "Start Date" on the top bar:

threads.png

Also of note, we had a server migration several years back, and as a result, many pre-2012 threads were tragically lost. We were able to save some, and they currently reside in the Archives.

@Lethal any way to put this as a message somewhere to new accounts?

A notification you have to click away

"You must have 150 posts before you can make threads"

Think it would solve all this confusion

Really good idea.
I can't believe that many users are asking the same thing.

It's based on usergroups, and yellow belt is the first one after white belt.

I can only comment I cant post anything anywhere not even here at the support forum I cant start a thread and I dont understant I read something about the belt system and that you need to post to upgrade belts but I cant post anything anywhere where am i supposed to post if its not allowed

I can only comment I cant post anything anywhere not even here at the support forum I cant start a thread and I dont understant I read something about the belt system and that you need to post to upgrade belts but I cant post anything anywhere where am i supposed to post if its not allowed
Hey, welcome to the site. You should be able to reply to many sub forums, however, you will have to make 150 posts before making your own thread. This is so you have an opportunity to become familiar with the culture, and the forum. Feel free to message me with any questions.

So I have to reply to post a thread at all?
See below:
Hey, welcome to the site. You should be able to reply to many sub forums, however, you will have to make 150 posts before making your own thread. This is so you have an opportunity to become familiar with the culture, and the forum. Feel free to message me with any questions.

Back