Cant wait to see Sergei clobber the hell out of Meathead this weekend.

Sergei I love you but mesthead is gonna clobber you worse then your nuts lol.

Sergei got ktfo by javy ayala guy has power and had the speed advantage and it ended the night.

Matt is a better striker then javy with imo faster hands......outside of a lucky bomb I see Sergei going night night.

Kharitonov is a better striker than Javy, he just got caught.

He's KO'd a bunch of guys since that loss, he's got so much power it doesn't take much, doesn't matter that Meathead is faster.
L4Ld3aH.gif

OilyFewGroundbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Sergei only 1 loss in his last 13 fights .

That surprizes me. For some reason I thought he has been a lot worse over the last half dozen years.

He's had some great wins over the years like KOing Ubereem, decisioning Werdum, KOing Arlovski, TKOing K1 GOAT Semmy Schilt. Very underrated.

Wish he would've taken his training more seriously and signed with UFC, he had some of the best hands ever at HW and was such a brutal finisher.

IlliterateAdorableCanvasback-size_restricted.gif

22.gif

tumblr_onpl64lVSo1rofocqo1_500.gif

Mitrione gets lucky because he relies on nothing but power and out of control aggression. Sometimes it works out for him but in reality his striking is terrible. Old ass Fedor floored him with the first and only shot he threw and Mitrione is lucky that Fedors chin is so glass these days that the shitty ass arm punch check hook from Mitrione knocked Fedor down as well and he was unable to recover. But nobody with a brain is going to call that skill. As long as Sergei doesnt give it away he should be able to TKO Mitrione rather easily.

Mitrione gets lucky because he relies on nothing but power and out of control aggression. Sometimes it works out for him but in reality his striking is terrible. Old ass Fedor floored him with the first and only shot he threw and Mitrione is lucky that Fedors chin is so glass these days that the shitty ass arm punch check hook from Mitrione knocked Fedor down as well and he was unable to recover. But nobody with a brain is going to call that skill. As long as Sergei doesnt give it away he should be able to TKO Mitrione rather easily.

I disagree....

Mitrione has very good standup and isnt lucky he intends to throw power punches and kicks as evidenced by 11 of his 13 wins being ko/tko .....that's not luck that's technique.

Meathead was very raw in his early career he did exactly what u described a very wild barrage of winging punches.But you can see his evolution he uses good footwork and a multitude of combinations and has developed a pretty nasty kick(nutshot included lol)

He was a top 10-15 ranked hw in the world at one point and is a solid fighter.

I absolutely love Sergei but I just see mats speed being the difference if he can touch Sergei first its gonna be a short night.

I disagree....

Mitrione has very good standup and isnt lucky he intends to throw power punches and kicks as evidenced by 11 of his 13 wins being ko/tko .....that's not luck that's technique.

Meathead was very raw in his early career he did exactly what u described a very wild barrage of winging punches.But you can see his evolution he uses good footwork and a multitude of combinations and has developed a pretty nasty kick(nutshot included lol)

I absolutely love Sergei but I just see mats speed being the difference if he can touch Sergei first its gonna be a short night.

If you cant see that Mitriones technique absolutely sucks I really dont know what to tell you. Sergei would lose to him in a stand up fight 2/10 at most IMO

Bellator does pageantry fairly well, so hopefully they have a Rockstar™ ready to wail the American anthem really hard on guitar for Mitrione's introduction,

then after the fight Putin can drop down from a Ka-50 and do a lil' dancing with Sergei, while Meathead is carried out in a coffin.

I disagree....

Matt is very reliant on his speed and remains defensively porous. I'm still picking him to win, but he's as far from a lock as you could get.

I mean, the guy nearly got finished by Seumanutafa, so Sergei has a real chance of stopping him.

I hope Sergei wins. Mitrione will have the speed advantage but Sergei is more skilled and has a better chin. The fight card looks pretty well matched, hopefully there's a bunch of competitive fights.

If you cant see that Mitriones technique absolutely sucks I really dont know what to tell you. Sergei would lose to him in a stand up fight 2/10 at most IMO

He may not be a technically perfect striker but you arent lucky when like 90 percent of your wins are knickouts.

His defensive head movement is his main problem but he has a great ability to close distance very quickly he catches people sleeping on his speed.

Again I love Sergei have been a fan a long time I just am stating how I see it playing out I mean at this point it's all hypotheticals right?

He may not be a technically perfect striker but you arent lucky when like 90 percent of your wins are knickouts.

His defensive head movement is his main problem but he has a great ability to close distance very quickly he catches people sleeping on his speed.

Again I love Sergei have been a fan a long time I just am stating how I see it playing out I mean at this point it's all hypotheticals right?

Ok so basically you admit that it's not his skill but rather his speed and athleticism.

And yes when you have a 260lb HW who comes from football and has horrible defense, no set ups, no angles and poor punch selection it's safe to say hes knocking guys out because of his athleticism and power.

If Mitrione was a skilled striker he would actually use his size and reach and wouldnt have to do that gay ass karate in and out stance he does looking to land some shitty out of control power strike.

Instead he would use his size and reach and actually measure his opponents and put together a decent jab and right hand which we rarely see him do. He relies way less on skill and way more on speed and instinct and flat out being wild.

That's not to say he isnt dangerous because can crack but skillwise he downright sucks.

He's had some great wins over the years like KOing Ubereem, decisioning Werdum, KOing Arlovski, TKOing K1 GOAT Semmy Schilt. Very underrated.

Wish he would've taken his training more seriously and signed with UFC, he had some of the best hands ever at HW and was such a brutal finisher.

IlliterateAdorableCanvasback-size_restricted.gif

22.gif

tumblr_onpl64lVSo1rofocqo1_500.gif
He would have signed with the UFC if they could promise him 3 fights a year, the UFC wouldn't agree so he decided not to sign with them.

I don't get why they wouldn't agree, Sergei always puts on a show, why wouldn't you want him fighting 3 times a year?

He would have signed with the UFC if they could promise him 3 fights a year, the UFC wouldn't agree so he decided not to sign with them.

I don't get why they wouldn't agree, Sergei always puts on a show, why wouldn't you want him fighting 3 times a year?

Because they would rather have a bunch of women MMA bums like jessica eye fight in co main events.

I think Sergei's best strength is dirty boxing in the clinch, but that might be hard against Mitrione. He could still one hit quit Mitrione, but I give Matt the speed advantage. Rooting for Sergei but it's a hard fight to pick.

Mitrione via KO... likely in the first round.

Sergiy ain't what he once was, and he is too slow and chinny these days.

A lot of people said the same thing when he fought Fedor, TS...

A lot of people said the same thing when he fought Fedor, TS...

Fedor was far more passed his prime and doesn't have a chin anymore, Sergei still does. I don't think it's the same, but either guy can win by TKO/KO.

Besides, Matt almost got KOed too, it was close to a double KO.

Last edited:
Sergei is the most awesome guy ever

Sergei I love you but mesthead is gonna clobber you worse then your nuts lol.

Sergei got ktfo by javy ayala guy has power and had the speed advantage and it ended the night.

Matt is a better striker then javy with imo faster hands......outside of a lucky bomb I see Sergei going night night.
That was lucky KO for Ayala

And yes when you have a 260lb HW who comes from football and has horrible defense, no set ups, no angles and poor punch selection it's safe to say hes knocking guys out because of his athleticism and power.
Matt Mitrione got 4 tackles in the NFL.

It's MMA dude. 4 tackle athleticism was enough to beat the greatest fighter of all time. It was enough to give him wins over multiple former world champions and contenders. It was enough to give him a successful career in the premier fight league in the world. It's not a stretch to say that it'll be enough to KO Sergei too.

Back