Can't wait until MMA is about 20-30 years older

Pussy.
I can't wait to see Mma in 500 years. Them we'll truly see who the goat was. That's the kind of perspective a hardcore would have. Not this casual 20-30 years from now. Bad troll ts

Then maybe people will actually be able to contextualize the sport instead of saying that champions that only have a few defenses are GOATS. Or that a every fighter who beats a contender is going to become champion even if they have multiple losses to other contenders.

I understand that the UFC in particular has always targeted the teen/young male audience, but do all the fans have to think like one too?

Some of you guys please go back and watch some MMA fights from the 90s/2000s or watch other combat sports like boxing, kickboxing, bjj, wrestling, etc and learn some history please.
Dude, Im confused you saying that here lol.
Actually this sherdog mostly US community is so much more educated than newbie idiots who watch OKTAGON MMA for like year and write bullshits.

By that logic, anyone who competes in the sport can become champion. There are things like odds, probability and jumping on bangwagon too fast though.

I am speaking specifically about people saying that Derrick Lewis is about to go on a title run when they guy got knocked out by JDS and Mark Hunt and has shown no change in his game.
Jan did it. Bisping did it. Shit, even Lesnar got his hands on a UFC belt.

Ngannou may well beat Stipe, and Lewis has a win over Ngannou. Stranger things have happened.

You would know that if you'd learned some history.

You can't wait for 40% of your life to pass by just so you can have a better conceptual interpretation of mma historical rankings?

GOAT - for pretty much all people who use the term - means "the greatest of all time as of now"...

combat sambo has existed for over a hundred years .

You made this entire thread just to say "contextualize" didn't you?
Do you not also find the sport of MMA to be undercontextualized?

OP merely points out the ongoing undercontextualization of the sport by doggers, sher- and otherwise, and argues for deundercontextualization via an obsessive program of tape watching.

All perfectly logical.

Tape is awesome but I can't stand people who play historian. They watch old tapes and try to paint a narrative that wasn't there when it happened.

Back