casanova vs campeon

I won’t touch casanova anymore... the hand compartment is just too tight. The gloves are just too stiff. The liner is just too rough... these are the only gloves I had to tape my fingers thru or black crystal shards from the liner would rip my fingers apart all bloody. I don’t like the wrist support either. I prefer Grant, Reyes, TM, Hernandez over casanova. Hurt my hands and wrists with these. Have several hundred rounds on them and decided to not use the brand anymore.

That sucked you had those negative experiences. I had the opposite experience with my Casanova, but than again, I purchased my Casanova about 3 years ago. So I'm not sure if Casanova were trying to cut corners to save money.

The prices for Casanova gloves went up :eek:

For the price, I would get a Cleto Reyes. However, that being said, I do like how the Casanova provides more wrist support than the Cleto Reyes.
Maybe suppliers in USA raised their prices? I ordered a pair from the manufacturer and they cost only 900 mxn.

I have the same experience as you did, although I did ask for extra padding on my Casanovas.
Can you post a picture of your gloves with that extra padding?
Here are mine compared to new sporting
KRtMtwEr.jpg

Maybe suppliers in USA raised their prices? I ordered a pair from the manufacturer and they cost only 900 mxn.
I order mine through Juan (Technoir). The gloves were $90 and shipping from Mexico City to Southern California was around $30.

When I was browsing through the Casanova website, the prices were around $150. Now don’t get wrong, Casanova are nice, but $150 is a bit too much.

3466E6D3-FB51-49EB-BF46-EB4B0C8991BD.jpeg
Here are my gloves brand new. Tomorrow I can post my gloves in their current condition. Also, I like your gloves.

Vey nicegloves. Can you shot the picture from the side, simillar to the one I did. I am curious how much thicker are they than mine.
Anyway I made couple of workouts right now in them. They fill comfortable since beginning and doesn't hurt mu knucles. And the wrist support is massive. They are tight on my thin wrists as no one else.
I paid 900 mxn plus shipping, but ok you have metallic leather so that is 200 extra. And do I see welted seams? If yes it's 300 mxn extra.

upload_2019-9-17_9-15-39.jpeg

Oh yes, there are welted seams.

Last edited:
I just did the conversation from 900 mxn to usd and that’s only $47. That’s a really good price. lol a lot better than $150

So yours are more bulky. Mine looks like single layer of foam.
Cost of your gloves straight at Casanova would be something around 1500mxn. And you need to add shipping and custom taxes if you have that at your place.

So yours are more bulky. Mine looks like single layer of foam.
Cost of your gloves straight at Casanova would be something around 1500mxn. And you need to add shipping and custom taxes if you have that at your place.

Yes, mine is definitely bulky and they are 16 oz. However with the extra padding, I’m not sure how much they weigh.

Can you post a picture of your gloves with that extra padding?
Here are mine compared to new sporting
KRtMtwEr.jpg
Who do you contact to order Casanova gloves directly? Do they ship to the U.S.?

I would go for Casanova if I were to buy one.

But Campeon has nice latex padding. If they stitched inside more properly, I would go for Campeon.

Who do you contact to order Casanova gloves directly? Do they ship to the U.S.?
I went through the Facebook messenger. They talk only in spanish so keep that in mind. I think there will be no problem with shipping to the US.

I went through the Facebook messenger. They talk only in spanish so keep that in mind. I think there will be no problem with shipping to the US.

facebook is good. Also, necalliboxing on Instagram is the previous Casanova's account. No problem with English and beside, they accept custom orders.

[email protected] is ther email address.

As @Lotnik said, they can ship worldwide as well as the U.S.

facebook is good. Also, necalliboxing on Instagram is the previous Casanova's account. No problem with English and beside, they accept custom orders.

[email protected] is ther email address.

As @Lotnik said, they can ship worldwide as well as the U.S.
Necalli is reseller for the USA. If someone is from US that is good to have them on the market. But still i preffer to have Casanova brand :) If someone is international buyer I think better is to contact directly with Deportes Casanova in Mexico.

Necalli is reseller for the USA. If someone is from US that is good to have them on the market. But still i preffer to have Casanova brand :) If someone is international buyer I think better is to contact directly with Deportes Casanova in Mexico.

Dont they produce gear under Casanova due to defeat to the fake Casanova in court?

Casanova themselves declared that the products will be produced under the name Necalli, not Casanova anymore.

Also when their brand was Casanova, I reached them on facebook and they were fluent in English :)

Dont they produce gear under Casanova due to defeat to the fake Casanova in court?

Casanova themselves declared that the products will be produced under the name Necalli, not Casanova anymore.

Also when their brand was Casanova, I reached them on facebook and they were fluent in English :)
Owner of Necalli former Casanova can't use the name Casanova in the USA due to the lost lawsuit. So you probably talked on facebook with the US reseller. Deportes Casanova is still fine in the Mexico and they are producing gear under their brand name locally and produce gear for Necalli. Here's link to the original manufacturer on FB: https://www.facebook.com/DEPORTES-CASANOVA-180243015500320/

Owner of Necalli former Casanova can't use the name Casanova in the USA due to the lost lawsuit. So you probably talked on facebook with the US reseller. Deportes Casanova is still fine in the Mexico and they are producing gear under their brand name locally and produce gear for Necalli. Here's link to the original manufacturer on FB: https://www.facebook.com/DEPORTES-CASANOVA-180243015500320/

Ah~~~ I was an idiot :)
Why couldn't I think about it haha

so in Mexico, it is all fine, isnt it?

Thank you for your kind reply :) I should post this information in a Korean boxing forum webpage

Yes in Mexico Deportes Casanova is fine and still makes gear under own brand name.

I just got in the Necalli double stitched (same as Combate edition Casanova i think) and they are nice. I find them like a smaller version of my old Grant training gloves (circa 2008). The leather came out a bit thinner than I was expecting, but they are super nice and I already like them without breaking them in. Pocket isn't super wide like old school Casanova. The padding is pretty consistent with most Mexican latex (old Grant, Sabas Prime, old Reyes, etc). The liner, while rough the first workout, is similar to most other liners (old Grant, Sabas Prime, etc). Thing I might like most about them is that their profile is small, so they're still usable on the mitts.

Back