Opinion Case study: Urban Warfare

the ambush

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So my case study in class was on military urban warfare. I will try to capitalize on the subject's key points here. In urban warfare it is armed combat in a city or building/structural area. Armed combat in an open area like a grassland, well that is not urban warfare. A disadvantage when it comes to urban warfare is the tactics change. The use of armor, artillery, and air support might not be possible in an urban warfare environment.

Two examples I will refer to for urban warfare are Rangers and Delta Force in Mogadishu, Somalia in 1993 and Marines in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004. There are a large number of examples but I stuck with these two.

After returning home from deployments Soldiers, Marines and military members can visit military hospitals and VA hospitals for treatment. Things like PTSD, anxiety, and shell shock can be life altering and change a person.

References:
John Spencer

November War (2013)

Black Hawk Down (2001)

Last edited:
If I were your teacher I would give you an A+ for this. You capitalized on the subject very well.

Thought this was going to be about rap battles.

<5>

Can your follow-up be about suburban warfare?

- How can I ensure my lawn is more lush than Ted's?

- How can I ensure my kid goes to the "right" school?

- which political lawn sign should up put up this weekend based upon current world affairs?

- Boot Camp Gyms or Pilates?

- How many Stanley Mugs should I buy for my wife for Valentine's Day?

- My kid only got a B+ in International Literature. Should I call the principal or should I just email the teacher, principal, and guidance counselor?

- When is it too early to look for Lacrosse Academies? Also, how much does a strength and conditioning coach for 16 year olds cost per hour?

The social erosion and fallout at every level of society when a society collapses into urban ware fare is felt for generations. The places you listed are absolute hell holes.

So my case study in class was on military urban warfare. I will try to capitalize on the subject's key points here. In urban warfare it is armed combat in a city or building/structural area. Armed combat in an open area like a grassland, well that is not urban warfare. A disadvantage when it comes to urban warfare is the tactics change. The use of armor, artillery, and air support might not be possible in an urban warfare environment.

Two examples I will refer to for urban warfare are Rangers and Delta Force in Mogadishu, Somalia in 1993 and Marines in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004. There are a large number of examples but I stuck with these two.

After returning home from deployments Soldiers, Marines and military members can visit military hospitals and VA hospitals for treatment. Things like PTSD, anxiety, and shell shock can be life altering and change a person.

References:
John Spencer

November War (2013)

Black Hawk Down (2001)

No reference to the band Fallujah immediately limits the grade this can be awarded.

Back