Catch Wrestling United

vintage double wristlock photo
c0509.gif

12888644_1670180116577622_2341471755139250480_o.jpg

The next big match in the sport just got announced. Quentin Rosenzweig who dethroned Curran Jacobs is now taking on Pat Downey in Sapateiro. Same rules as last time, win by pin or submission, best out of 3. Only time the pin doesn't count is if a submission is on.

Downey is the same wrestler that faced Gordon Ryan in a weird spectacle were he lost a grappling round by submission/power nelson and then beat Ryan by tech fall in a freestyle match.

The event is october 23, probably live on facebook and youtube.

For those interested you should follow Johnny Buck, he's the only active grappler representing the Billy Wicks lineage. At least the only famous one left. In his latest match last week he took on former UFC-fighter Allen Crowder.

For those interested you should follow Johnny Buck, he's the only active grappler representing the Billy Wicks lineage. At least the only famous one left. In his latest match last week he took on former UFC-fighter Allen Crowder.

I thought John Strickland had a few proteges that were competing actively?

I don't know to be honest, Strickland doesn't seem to have a lot of active guys competing. I know Matt Tran used to be good but I don't think he had a fight in years.

I don't know to be honest, Strickland doesn't seem to have a lot of active guys competing. I know Matt Tran used to be good but I don't think he had a fight in years.
Yeah, Tran was who I was thinking of. I guess he trained Jacobs somewhat as well, apparently.

Funny Jeremy that's your real name, you badmouthed Jon Strickland, saying not very nice things about him. You then have the audacity to mention his name In a sentence after all the libelous things you've said about him Jeremy!

Next time learn to keep your negative opinions to yourself if you've nothing to say that is positive!

Funny Jeremy that's your real name, you badmouthed Jon Strickland, saying not very nice things about him. You then have the audacity to mention his name In a sentence after all the libelous things you've said about him Jeremy!

Next time learn to keep your negative opinions to yourself if you've nothing to say that is positive!
What? I never said anything libelous about him. Did I even say anything critical of him in this entire thread? You know there is a difference between being critical of a person's position on what is or isn't "authentic" catch-wrestling and libeling him, right?

Last edited:
I don't think Strickland has any guys that are actively competing at the moment.

New videos coming out on Catch Wrestling technique from BJJ Fanatics!

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate your content-- I always try the same toe hold setup you used on Ryron, love it. I think you're the last pro fighter that still comes here, especially since Dan the Wolfman got banned, LMAO

What? I never said anything libelous about him. Did I even say anything critical of him in this entire thread? You know there is a difference between being critical of a person's position on what is or isn't "authentic" catch-wrestling and libeling him, right?
Yeah but when you quote calling him "over the top" and accuse of him going after Jake Shannon of Scientific Wrestling without any evidence that can be construed as an accusation not criticism!

So there is the example of what you said accusing Jon of doing without backing it up with facts!

Yeah but when you quote calling him "over the top" and accuse of him going after Jake Shannon of Scientific Wrestling without any evidence that can be construed as an accusation not criticism!

So there is the example of what you said accusing Jon of doing without backing it up with facts!
I have evidence; I've seen the actual posts. I was a part of a Facebook group where I saw it firsthand. He said that what Jake was doing wasn't real catch-wrestling because for one thing, it included chokes. It isn't the biggest deal in the world or maybe even a big deal at all, but I do think it is over the top. But in the greater scheme of things, it doesn't really matter anyways.

Last edited:
Back