Catch Wrestling United

Yea, as I said earlier I enjoy being anonymous. If we meet in person I would definitely tell you, but I have no interest in meeting you in person, the only person you need to see is a doctor.

And my life is fine, unlike you I'm not banned from anywhere and can practice catch wrestling at the snake pit. You are the one stuck online.
Not banned from everywhere just the snakepit wigan thanks,
Yea, as I said earlier I enjoy being anonymous. If we meet in person I would definitely tell you, but I have no interest in meeting you in person, the only person you need to see is a doctor.

And my life is fine, unlike you I'm not banned from anywhere and can practice catch wrestling at the snake pit. You are the one stuck online.
Ha ha, really you say I'm the one stuck online least I'm not one who's remaining anonymous behind a keyboard!

You really are a piece of human crap if your only insult is attacking the fact I have a long life condition which theres no treatment for! Which is Autism!

Whomever you are, you're a spineless coward since you dont even have the courage to meet me and say all this to my face! Because we both know that it would end with you needing to see a doctor!

Well it's been a while since it happend but Qwentin Rosenzweig got dethroned in his 2nd title defence. His opponent was John Combs who got a background in both wrestling and BJJ. Qwentin tried the same tactics he used against Curran Jacobs but it didn't work this time. Unlike Jacobs, Combs knew enough BJJ to survive the submissions and pass the guard to pin Qwentin within a few minutes.
As someone who's rolled with Jacobs, I'll say this for him: he's got a ton of grip strength. I'm strong, if nothing else, and there were instances where I couldn't break his grip. He'll be a force if he keeps learning and improving.

As someone who's rolled with Jacobs, I'll say this for him: he's got a ton of grip strength. I'm strong, if nothing else, and there were instances where I couldn't break his grip. He'll be a force if he keeps learning and improving.
Like Jacob's think he'll beat the new champ since he doesnt play the butt scoot game! The new champ I mean just for clarification!

Hey I was wondering if any knew of any Catch Wrestling gyms in Maryland or Idaho.

The only guys that I know of are Joel Bane and John Potenza. I thought I heard before that they do not usually train with pins. While training there would still be a great experience, they are 2 hours away and I would want something different then your local Submission Wrestling class

Next week, june 4th the snake pit world championship is back in Bolton. This time there's a couple of americans coming over, with fancy titles like NCAA champ, All american and olympic trials qualifier. It's nice to see the world championships keep on recruiting high level wrestlers. Not too forget there's also some eastern european wrestlers coming over as usual.

Not the first time american wrestlers come over but catch wrestling is different and the only american who been successful in UK is Josh Barnett.

Not including Raul Ramirez who only beat a german wing chun guy and people half his size. Once he got called out by wrestlers his own size he didn't come back to the UK.

Hey I was wondering if any knew of any Catch Wrestling gyms in Maryland or Idaho.

The easiest way to find out is the catch wrestling groups on facebook. There are a lot of lesser known wrestlers/gyms with Billy Wicks lineage all over.

The only guys that I know of are Joel Bane and John Potenza. I thought I heard before that they do not usually train with pins. While training there would still be a great experience, they are 2 hours away and I would want something different then your local Submission Wrestling class

They usually just do seminars and affiliates. The gyms affiliated with them usually don't have catch wrestling classes but rather grappling classes with some catch wrestling influence.

Next week, june 4th the snake pit world championship is back in Bolton. This time there's a couple of americans coming over, with fancy titles like NCAA champ, All american and olympic trials qualifier. It's nice to see the world championships keep on recruiting high level wrestlers. Not too forget there's also some eastern european wrestlers coming over as usual.

Not the first time american wrestlers come over but catch wrestling is different and the only american who been successful in UK is Josh Barnett.

Not including Raul Ramirez who only beat a german wing chun guy and people half his size. Once he got called out by wrestlers his own size he didn't come back to the UK.

The easiest way to find out is the catch wrestling groups on facebook. There are a lot of lesser known wrestlers/gyms with Billy Wicks lineage all over.

They usually just do seminars and affiliates. The gyms affiliated with them usually don't have catch wrestling classes but rather grappling classes with some catch wrestling influence.

Ah, the anonymous troll is back how you been?

You still like to talk rubbish? Honestly I messaged you asking if you wanted to meet up and say all that crap to my face! I even let you choose the time and place bro and you wimped out too lol

We both know what would happen if we did! The offer still stands if you want to back up your words... Any place and time you bring as many people with you too if you want to

Funny you say that Raul is a crap wrestler when he beat Greg Crompton In competition in the UK! So stop spreading BS out of your mouth because that's all I can smell right now!

Last edited:

Bro, only guys I can think of are on the east coast are Jon Strickland to be honest ✌️

Ah, the anonymous troll is back how you been?

You still like to talk rubbish? Honestly I messaged you asking if you wanted to meet up and say all that crap to my face! I even let you choose the time and place bro and you wimped out too lol

We both know what would happen if we did! The offer still stands if you want to back up your words... Any place and time you bring as many people with you too if you want to

No, because you're a midget, half my age and got mental issues. You don't need a fight you need to see a doctor.

Funny you say that Raul is a crap wrestler when he beat Greg Crompton In competition in the UK! So stop spreading BS out of your mouth because that's all I can smell right now!

Mate, I was there at the event in 2016. Raul is twice the size of Greg. All he did was stalling and won by sprawling on top. Roy said it himself when he announced the decision, Greg had the best techniques but Raul had more time in a dominant position.

No, because you're a midget, half my age and got mental issues. You don't need a fight you need to see a doctor.

Mate, I was there at the event in 2016. Raul is twice the size of Greg. All he did was stalling and won by sprawling on top. Roy said it himself when he announced the decision, Greg had the best techniques but Raul had more time in a dominant position.

Considering I've not had a breakdown in 3 years, I don't see how I need to see a doctor! I've told you I have Autism that isn't a mental health problem and you're very very mentally deficient yourself!

Funny, how you talk big but you're the one hiding behind an anonymous account! And I've helped many many people with mental health problems I've even help raise thousands for mental health causes across the country!

And to say I'm a midget when I'm like 5 ft 10 is a massive exaggeration, probably because you're an ignorant person That's the only word I have for you to be honest!

The offer still stands mate, you can tell me time and place I'll be there! You do know when men have disputes they fight that was the whole premise of Catch Wrestling way back when!

I don't think someone with mental problems could write as eloquently as I do!

Last edited:
Funny Dece you say Raul beat people half his size Yet Greg is actually bigger in stature than Raul! And you said Greg had the better techniques; but then why didn't Greg win if that's the case?

2018 was the greatest year for the modern catch wrestling community without a doubt. Big events in both USA & UK.

3rd and final coach they had was Jack Mountford who isn't a catch wrestler but a judoka. Now they're back making their own videos again but without any coaches.
who said mr Jack Mountford isn't a catch wrestler?

who said mr Jack Mountford isn't a catch wrestler?

Himself and probably anyone who ever spent time on the mats with him. He's very proud of his judo background. He also spent time in other sports but his main thing has always been judo.

Himself and probably anyone who ever spent time on the mats with him. He's very proud of his judo background. He also spent time in other sports but his main thing has always been judo.
his style of grappling is weird but it's working
i mean it's not newaza at all also not bjj not catch not sure what it is

I have never seen this footage of Karl Gotch training with Inoki. Quite rare to see Gotch in his somewhat younger years training.

It's hard to find videos of old school catch wrestlers in action, videos of Billy Robinson, Karl Gotch and Lou Thesz are worked pro wrestling matches. However there is at least one exception.

I think I already mentioned it earlier somewhere on this forum, Roy Wood did some seminars in Japan were he displayed old school catch wrestling in action. All those seminars got filmed and used to be available online but they got removed a couple of years ago.

Not exactly instructionals but it was hours of catch wrestling and in my opinion much better videos than a lot of the catch wrestling instructionals you can find online nowadays.

The snake pit recently uploaded a short clip from one of those seminars were Roy is wrestling, he should be in his late 40's in this video. I hope all of it will find it's way back online someday.

www. facebook. com/ reel/ 3339752569673303

You come across as totally unhinged. Like a schizo off their meds. He doesn't want to meet up with you because he doesn't want to be turned into a lampshade.
I have said that I'm Autistic, that's not a mental health problem it's a neurological condition that I was born with!

I'd love to meet up and you say this to my face my name is Robbie Burrows yeah made no attempt to hide my identity! Unlike yourself, you say I'm unhinged, in what way? If you're referring to my Autism then you obviously have no idea what is!

Back