CFB 2020 Discussion: temperature checks at the gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still hate OU and hope they lose every single game for the rest of eternity and A&M can’t keep ducking Bevo now, it’s going to be great beating them every Thanksgiving again
As a CFB fan as much as I am an OU fan it will be great to see that game played once again. I just want to watch great games with great atmospheres, the SEC does that better than anyone.

I do feel bad for the rest of the big 12, cept maybe Baylor fuk em

hope the pac 12 picks up tech, ok st, tcu and Iowa st, not looking good tho

I do feel bad for the rest of the big 12, cept maybe Baylor fuk em

hope the pac 12 picks up tech, ok st, tcu and Iowa st, not looking good tho

I can't see that happening. The PAC12 can't even find refs that know which way is up.

This fundamental change in CFB (re-alignment and player sponsorship) will probably just accelerate Stanford dropping football. It will likely happen within the next 15yrs.

I can't see that happening. The PAC12 can't even find refs that know which way is up.

This fundamental change in CFB (re-alignment and player sponsorship) will probably just accelerate Stanford dropping football. It will likely happen within the next 15yrs.

I've always wondered why the Pac12 and B1G don't expand into Canada, with UBC/Alberta and Toronto/McGill, respectively. They all have the academic profile, have huge budgets, and will easily be able to build the infastructure. Even if they have to import mostly American student-athletes to begin with whilst the provincial highschools tool up to develop highschool talent locally. That is a marker of nearly 40 million that the SEC, and to an extend the ACC, won't have the same access to.

I understand all that, would be a shame to see Stanford drop college football, so much history gone.

B10 will add Kansas and Iowa St since they're AAU members. ACC will relent and add WVU. Pac will add everyone else left over from the B12.

Pods are still stupid but this isn't bad. I'd change the names though.

MLFhMAW.png

I like it. Each pod gets at least two main eventers, a mid card guy and a curtain jerker.
And you'd play 2 teams from each pod on a 9 game conference schedule.
Hopefully the just stick to divisions though.

B10 will add Kansas and Iowa St since they're AAU members. ACC will relent and add WVU. Pac will add everyone else left over from the B12.

KU..yes. if UCONN gets AAU, maybe. The B1G wants to add Tvs.

The B1G should have got Kansas years ago and fought harder for Missouri. A&M was interested in the B1G too.. If they did this , Texas and OU would be much more interested in the B1G....but the B1G fucked up and they would probably refuse OU by they are not AAU..

I've always wondered why the Pac12 and B1G don't expand into Canada, with UBC/Alberta and Toronto/McGill, respectively. They all have the academic profile, have huge budgets, and will easily be able to build the infastructure. Even if they have to import mostly American student-athletes to begin with whilst the provincial highschools tool up to develop highschool talent locally. That is a marker of nearly 40 million that the SEC, and to an extend the ACC, won't have the same access to.

I just don't think football is that big of a sport at these schools -- or at least it wasn't. I went to UofT games at varsity stadium as a kid and in ugrad because I knew someone that played. THe stadium was largely empty.

Western and Laval (?) would be the places and they would not be D1 teams. UofT and McGill would fit in well in the Ivy league both from a competitive and academic standpoint -- though the Ivy league would never accept either.

Stanford and the P12 will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back