Rumored Chad Mendes teasing possible return to MMA?

Yeah I think Chad is done with fighting at the top level now. I think he does cooking videos on YouTube, saw one one time was pretty good.

At FW he was always one step away from the title, if he could somehow make BW without killing himself he might be able to make a run

Full camp Chad would smash Conor, now and 2015
chad-mendes-conor-mcgregor1.jpg

069_Chad_Mendes_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.0.jpg

My guess on the Huge announcement: "I've "partnered with" some bullshit CBD company, some supplement/fittness equipment company, and (or) I'm taking a dive in celebrity boxing. Check out my new podcast for more info."

Wildcard because it's Chad "I have a hunting book/show/partnership coming"

If he comes back it's boxing related I feel like. It's too bad he's 36 now, and his last loss came against Volkanoski who's champ.

Like other than having some fights against vets, I don't see what he expects to accomplish. Certainly not winning a title now.

Reactions: mkt
Very good fighter in his prime. He was the 3rd best FW (behind Aldo and Frankie) for years. At 36 and after a long layoff, I don't see him doing well on a comeback. The lighter weight divisions are toughest for older fighters. A slight decline in speed/reflexes can make a big difference.

That said, a lot of people have compared him to Chandler. If Chandler loses to Gaethje and is willing to drop to FW, he and Mendes would be a fun fight. At that point, it would be clear that neither of them is ever winning a UFC belt. But it's probably best if he stays retired and doesn't mess with bareknuckle either. Keep your remaining brain cells, Chad.

He said he was open to boxing few weeks ago, not MMA
Bareknuckle or boxing? Please don't tell me the Paul brothers want to fight old, 5'5" MMA guys now. If not them, who would he fight? Some really old boxer? I don't think he's much of a draw.

My guess is the big announcement has something to do with hunting - he has a new hunting product coming out, or a hunting TV show or something. And Rogan is doing this as a favour to him to promote it.

Conor vs. Chad 2 - International Fight Week Summer 2022

Back