Champs that never had the chance of a rematch

Not only no rubber match,
MM is the worst one by far. Dominant champ, won the first fight, arguably won the 2nd fight... no rubber match.
Not only that but also got shipped over to One to fight on the other of the world.

If I remember correctky, Pat Miletich lost the belt to Newton after like 5 title defences and instead of getting a rematch, UFC pushed Miletich's protege Matt Hughes into the title picture.

Where's the excuse exactly?
You guys love spinning shit, yet there's nothing to be spun.

Stop pouting, he got offered the rematch and turned it down. Your response of "but it wasn't a full camp, no fair!" is nothing but a whiny excuse.

Stop pouting, he got offered the rematch and turned it down. Your response of "but it wasn't a full camp, no fair!" is nothing but a whiny excuse.

Where did I say "no fair" son?
Also, a legend like Aldo deserves a full fucking camp at the very least you dolt, that's not an excuse, it's a fact.

One of the most made up controversies of all time, by people who are just salty that Aldo stood and traded with Conor and got KO'd for it instead of doing their fantasy scenarios of "Mythical Leg Kicking and Grappling Aldo" who hasn't existed in a decade.
Yeah it's REALLY fucking annoying, but it's an Aldo fan thing. Aldo fans cannot be object about anything, it's always some injustice done to him (jacare fans do the same thing)

Aldo has literally NEVER EVER been mistreated by the UFC at any point in his MMA career. He always gets what he wants and NEVER faces punishment for the things he is responsible for.

Examples

- Aldo pulls out of a card in LA 2 weeks notice gets the whole card cancelled and of course he's ready just in time for the fight to take place in brazil. The UFC literally rewarded him with fighting in front of a home crowd for pulling out of a fight. Even though the first mendes fight was in brazil and this rematch was to be on mendes turf in LA

- Pulls out of the McGregor fight with weeks notice, forcing McGregor to face his worst matchup in the division while injured. Pretty much almost derailed the McGregor train that has made the UFC so much money, because of AGAIN a shady close to fight week pullout. McGregor already said before the Aldo fight he wanted to fight aldo, win, and rematch aldo then move to LW. Aldo pulls out of a fight and now McGregor should be OBLIGATED to rematch Aldo? Bullshit. Aldo had his chance he blew it. Pretending he was looked over or some shit is just pure McGregor hating Cope. Aldo is the one who fucked himself over. not the UFC. not McGregor.

- Even RIGHT NOW, People are retardedly trying to argue that Aldo deserves a title shot more than TJ dillashaw which is just a fucking joke on all fronts. Aldo already had a Bantam weight title shot coming off of 2 straight losses. then loses the title fight making him 0-3 after the BW title fight. So he already got a title shot he definately didn't deserve and now you want to argue that he deserves his other one? Meanwhile TJ hasn't lost at bantamweight and already beat the legit no.1 contender after an almost 3 year layoff?

Now that Aldo has retired, the UFC was even kind enough to RELEASE him from his contract even though he had a fight remaining. Something that would never happen to actual mistreated fighters like nate diaz, GSP, or mighty mouse.

Love aldo, Great fighter but his Fanboys are pants on head retarded.

I can see how great champions sometimes they get the rematches they deserve and they get that win back such as:

-Stipe Miocic, he got immediate rematch against DC
-Amanda Nunes, she got an immediate rematch against Peña
-Anderson Silva, immediate rematch with Weidman
-Max Holloway, immediate rematch with Volkanovski
-GSP got his rematch later on against Serra
-Usman, I'm pretty sure theyre gonna give him an immediate rematch.
Etc etc etc

But what about the champs that never had a chance for a rematch they deserved?

The first one that comes to my mind ofc is absolutely Jose Aldo, 10 years undefeated and Mcgregor gets a lucky shot in like 5 seconds and he never got the oportunity for a rematch.

Cris Cyborg, 13 years undefeated and never got the oportunity for a rematch against Nunes.

DJ, #1 p4p, 14 wins in a row incluiding a win by finish against Cejudo then lost by a controversial split decision and never again a rematch.

Ronda Rousey, idk what happened back then but I wonder why Dana White didnt give her a immediate rematch against Holly.

That's so unfortunate because -other than Rousey- I feel all of them would had won a rematch. That sucks for their careers tbh and its unfair

Aldo got an Interim title shot his next fight and when it was clear McGregor wasn't coming back that was promoted to the real title so he didn't really miss out on anything.

DJ chose to leave UFC.

Rousey was basically in a depression after the loss and wanted to take some time away from the sport.

This is the worst treatment of a Champ in UFC history in my opinion of course.

Aldo fought for the Interim FW title in his very next fight and then it was upgraded to the real title.

How is that mistreating him?

Still don't agree with it being on Aldo though, it was short notice at a higher weight class. Had it been an actual rematch I think Aldo would have jumped at the chance, but on short notice with no training camp? Somehow Aldo is the pussy here? Nah, can't get behind that

He was already training:

• Aldo on 27 January 2016 (McGregors next fight took place 6th March)
"Hey guys. It was quiet until now, because the way the fight happened, I was already getting ready in training, because I was sure I would have an immediate rematch. However, I think I was wrong. So, I wanted to make it clear to the UFC that I don't accept any fight other than for the belt, for everything I've done in these 8 years, for everything I've accepted and the way the fight ended. The only exception would be an anytime, anywhere fight against Conor McGregor. And since he's afraid to give me the belt back, it doesn't even have to be for the belt. I just want to beat him. Anywhere, anytime. I hope you also keep your word, Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta, as I still believe in the company I work for".

Instead Cabo Diaz stepped up short notice and pulled out the win.

nate-diaz.gif

He was already training:

• Aldo on 27 January 2016 (McGregors next fight took place 6th March)
"Hey guys. It was quiet until now, because the way the fight happened, I was already getting ready in training, because I was sure I would have an immediate rematch. However, I think I was wrong. So, I wanted to make it clear to the UFC that I don't accept any fight other than for the belt, for everything I've done in these 8 years, for everything I've accepted and the way the fight ended. The only exception would be an anytime, anywhere fight against Conor McGregor. And since he's afraid to give me the belt back, it doesn't even have to be for the belt. I just want to beat him. Anywhere, anytime. I hope you also keep your word, Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta, as I still believe in the company I work for".

Instead Cabo Diaz stepped up short notice and pulled out the win.

nate-diaz.gif

Yeah, likely traning in case a fight for the belt came up then he'd enter a fight camp for the belt. I don't understand how people shit on him for not taking the short notice fight at a higher weight class though. Fighters talk all kinds of shit all the time, still don't blame him for wanting an actual camp, training and being in camp are two different things, and he wanted it at his weight class, why should it be at a higher weight class on short notice? Somehow Aldo is the one looking bad here? Again, don't agree with it.

Yeah, likely traning in case a fight for the belt came up then he'd enter a fight camp for the belt. I don't understand how people shit on him for not taking the short notice fight at a higher weight class though. Fighters talk all kinds of shit all the time, still don't blame him for wanting an actual camp, training and being in camp are two different things, and he wanted it at his weight class, why should it be at a higher weight class on short notice? Somehow Aldo is the one looking bad here? Again, don't agree with it.

This thread is about Champs being mistreated and I don't think Aldo was.

He got his title back very next fight after losing to McGregor.

This thread is about Champs being mistreated and I don't think Aldo was.

He got his title back very next fight after losing to McGregor.
Oh, thread seemed to be about "But what about the champs that never had a chance for a rematch they deserved?", also in the title of the thread, hence why I had a vote for Aldo being among them.

Aldo fought for the Interim FW title in his very next fight and then it was upgraded to the real title.

How is that mistreating him?
That’s nice and all but the interim isn’t a rematch against the guy who beat him nor is it the title. Although Conor never defended.

Ronda had a meltdown after the Holm fight...my guess is she never asked for it and Holm lost right after.
Pretty sure they were going to do a rematch but Holly wanted a fight before Ronda was going to be ready so she took the Tate fight thinking she’d win and rematch Ronda in the next one.

There’s a video somewhere out there of Dana talking about how she left money on the table by doing that since the rematch would have been huge.

Aldo was literally offered a rematch when RDA pulled out and turned it down despite saying he'd accept one anywhere, anytime, any weight, any title implications or not.

He then was offered an interim title shot to secure another rematch and won it. Then McGregor won the LW belt, DC decided to hide an injury until the last moment and pulled out of a PPV last second, and the UFC had to either strip Conor and promote Aldo or strip Aldo of his interim belt to avoid making an interim interim FW belt in Holloway/Max. They chose the first, which eliminated any chances of a rematch as Conor had no reason to return to FW now and Aldo had to defend against Holloway, which he lost. And it was obviously the correct choice as otherwise you'd all just instead bitch they'd stripped Aldo.

One of the most made up controversies of all time, by people who are just salty that Aldo stood and traded with Conor and got KO'd for it instead of doing their fantasy scenarios of "Mythical Leg Kicking and Grappling Aldo" who hasn't existed in a decade.

Was Aldo offered the fight vs Conor at 155 after RDA pulled out?? Or 145?

Yeah it's REALLY fucking annoying, but it's an Aldo fan thing. Aldo fans cannot be object about anything, it's always some injustice done to him (jacare fans do the same thing)

Aldo has literally NEVER EVER been mistreated by the UFC at any point in his MMA career. He always gets what he wants and NEVER faces punishment for the things he is responsible for.

Examples

- Aldo pulls out of a card in LA 2 weeks notice gets the whole card cancelled and of course he's ready just in time for the fight to take place in brazil. The UFC literally rewarded him with fighting in front of a home crowd for pulling out of a fight. Even though the first mendes fight was in brazil and this rematch was to be on mendes turf in LA

- Pulls out of the McGregor fight with weeks notice, forcing McGregor to face his worst matchup in the division while injured. Pretty much almost derailed the McGregor train that has made the UFC so much money, because of AGAIN a shady close to fight week pullout. McGregor already said before the Aldo fight he wanted to fight aldo, win, and rematch aldo then move to LW. Aldo pulls out of a fight and now McGregor should be OBLIGATED to rematch Aldo? Bullshit. Aldo had his chance he blew it. Pretending he was looked over or some shit is just pure McGregor hating Cope. Aldo is the one who fucked himself over. not the UFC. not McGregor.

- Even RIGHT NOW, People are retardedly trying to argue that Aldo deserves a title shot more than TJ dillashaw which is just a fucking joke on all fronts. Aldo already had a Bantam weight title shot coming off of 2 straight losses. then loses the title fight making him 0-3 after the BW title fight. So he already got a title shot he definately didn't deserve and now you want to argue that he deserves his other one? Meanwhile TJ hasn't lost at bantamweight and already beat the legit no.1 contender after an almost 3 year layoff?

Now that Aldo has retired, the UFC was even kind enough to RELEASE him from his contract even though he had a fight remaining. Something that would never happen to actual mistreated fighters like nate diaz, GSP, or mighty mouse.

Love aldo, Great fighter but his Fanboys are pants on head retarded.
LOL
Aldo haters sure are fucking blind.
He can't get injured and they bitch about him "pulling out of fights"...
He is a legend who never failed a test and you want a guy who came back from 2 years suspension (with only ONE win) to get a title shot over him, as he was sitting on a 3 fights win streak...

And then he claims he was "never mistreated by the UFC"... like we did not see how Dana treated Aldo during the world tour.

Seriously, those dishonest blind retards are what makes it sometimes hard to be able to have good conversations in MMA forums.

Last edited:
Was Aldo offered the fight vs Conor at 155 after RDA pulled out?? Or 145?

What exactly does this have to do with Aldo saying he'd fight Conor anywhere, any time, belt or no belt?

Hi everyone, i was quiet for a while because i was waiting for my rematch based on how the fight Went down, in fact I was already training for it, but apparently I was wrong. So I wanted to make something clear to UFC: for everything I have done, everything I have accepted and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot . My only exception would be fighting thenotorious , at any time, anywhere , and once that he is scary and knows that I'm gonna win .... Doesn't have to be title fight against him. Keep my belt, but I wanna whoop ur ass anywhere.
@danawhite @lorenzofertitta @ufc keep ur word. I still believe in the company that I work for.
#rematch

Only to turn down this exact scenario when they offered him to step in for RDA?

The UFC and Conor offered him the rematch. He turned it down.

What exactly does this have to do with Aldo saying he'd fight Conor anywhere, any time, belt or no belt?

Hi everyone, i was quiet for a while because i was waiting for my rematch based on how the fight Went down, in fact I was already training for it, but apparently I was wrong. So I wanted to make something clear to UFC: for everything I have done, everything I have accepted and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot . My only exception would be fighting thenotorious , at any time, anywhere , and once that he is scary and knows that I'm gonna win .... Doesn't have to be title fight against him. Keep my belt, but I wanna whoop ur ass anywhere.
@danawhite @lorenzofertitta @ufc keep ur word. I still believe in the company that I work for.
#rematch

Only to turn down this exact scenario when they offered him to step in for RDA?

The UFC and Conor offered him the rematch. He turned it down.

LOL, why so confrontational?

I asked a simple question as I couldn't remember the weight class or the circumstances.

woodley

Also on GSP, he wasn't deserving of a rematch so it's no wonder he didn't get one. he had to earn it.

Don't feel bad for aldo. He pulled out of over half of his title fights and pulled out of the mcgregor fight on a weeks notice.

Aldo's next fight was for the title against frankie. it's not like he outright didn't get a title fight in his next fight (like woodley). Aldo having 2 belts would have been awful for business as he could barely fight once a year with just one UFC title. Ronda rousey has as many ufc title wins as aldo in a much shorter amount of time. When Conor beat aldo he was one of the most active stars in the sport. It's no wonder he was afforded an opportunity most fighters don't get.

This too, Especially after his anywhere anytime talk.
GSP earned his rematch so no big loss there.

Ronda went into hiding, if you believe Dana she showed interest again as soon as Tate tapped Holm.

Woodley got dominated from bell to bell. There wasn't some fluke ko or injury. So no rematch was warranted.

Aldo should have got a rematch just for the way their fight went down. One of the main reasons we have the smaller divisions is because of aldo.

For Johnson, while he deserved a rubber match, the trade with ONE for Askren happened around the same time a fight could have been made and ufc was still bitter about Johnson turning down the superfight with Dillashaw

Back