Social Change Is Brewing’: Ben & Jerry’s Indulges Democrat Cori Bush With New Social Justice Flavor

I stand with coffee flavoured ice cream, esp when I put a shot of espresso on it.

Ben & jerry’s created a new ice cream flavor that promotes legislation introduced by Democratic Rep. Cori Bush of Missouri, NBC News reported Monday.

The new limited-time flavor, called “Change Is Brewing,” consists of coffee ice cream, marshmallows, and fudge brownies, according to NBC News. The flavor is intended to promote Bush’s People’s Response Act, NBC News reported.

Jabari Paul, the company’s U.S. activism manager, announced the flavor at a press conference Monday. “The flavor supports the vision of the world in which every community is safe and everyone including Black and brown people can thrive,” he said at the conference.

The People’s Response Act would create a division within the Department of Health and Human Services in which about 50,000 first responders, who are not cops, would respond to mental health incidents, according to KMOV4.

Bush told NBC News the legislation would divert funds to “grassroots organizations already doing the work of keeping our communities safe, and creating alternative responses to 911 calls for mental health emergencies.”

“The People’s Response Act can and will transform public safety in our country. This is the future that we deserve — and Ben & Jerry’s support of this bill shows the momentum we have towards making it a reality,” Bush continued.

In 2020, Ben & Jerry’s partnered with Colin Kaepernick to create a nonfat frozen yogurt called “Change the Whirled” where proceeds funded his social justice organization called “Know Your Rights Camp.” In 2016, Ben & Jerry’s publicly supported Black Lives Matter in a blog post.

Despite consistently calling for defunding the police, Bush spent about $70,000 on private security, accordingto FEC records. Members of the progressive Democratic group called “the Squad,” which includes New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar, Massachusetts Rep. Ayanna Pressley and Missouri Rep. Cori Bush, also spent thousands on their own security.

This is why we kneel for some fire ice cream And if you don’t think the social justice flavor tastes good, you’re automatically a racist, bigot, homophobe, etc :D

Not gonna lie that ice cream sounds fucking nice.

Fuck ben and fuck Jerry. Couple of old louth mouth hoes

By the way, "indulges" is a dumb way of putting it. They're getting a lot of publicity and money out of this. Businesses like Ben & Jerry's and Unilever didn't make millions and billions by merely indulging people. Right wingers don't want to face this reality, but businesses aren't siding with liberals on the culture war because they want to lose money. They've done the calculations and they're profiting whether you like it or not.

giphy.gif

Who wants to sign up as an unarmed Mental Health Worker dispatched out to the South Side of Chicago?

If you think virtue signaling ice cream is bad, you should see Penzey's spices...good stuff, and being local I buy a lot of stuff there, but man did they go in HARD on the culture war stuff!

I dont know what is more pathetic.
B&J for doing it, or anyone that gives a flying excrement about it one way or another.

"All these big companies, they’re so scared of all this social change, and I come in and I put their fears to rest. You know, I tell them, “Just be honest. Tell your customers that… that JPMorgan is against racism.” In theory."

vermont is an extremely liberal state with a mostly white population. the biden govt should do them a favor and drop off a few thousand haitans in their neighborhoods
is Vermont really that liberal? wasn't that a constitutional carry state for years even before texas?

Probably not as good as a bowl of vanilla with some M&Ms on top . . .

anybody know an alternative to ben n jerrys?

Never really had too much of their ice cream. I prefer soft serve or when it comes to eating dessert I like to eat pie. <4>
Never understood being political with your business. I like money too much to do that with my business.
I do it see it more now, I guess some people have figured out a way to make money of the current binary political hive mind of today's American consumer. There are businesses that cater to one side of the aisle or the other.

Never really had too much of their ice cream. I prefer soft serve or when it comes to eating dessert I like to eat pie. <4>
Never understood being political with your business. I like money too much to do that with my business.
I do it see it more now, I guess some people have figured out a way to make money of the current binary political hive mind of today's American consumer. There are businesses that cater to one side of the aisle or the other.
It's probably more the merging of work and personal life. If you spend all of your time working, thanks to the endlessness of email and the internet, then business branding and social branding will similarly intersect. Your workers never turn off so you have to make sure your work environment aligns with their general belief system as well.

If the workday ever returned to ending at 5pm, we'd probably see some of this start trending the other way.

In other news, Ben and Jerry’s can suck a dick.

Back