Not open for further replies.

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03/29/us/derek-chauvin-trial-live
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/live-blog/derek-chauvin-trial-n1262292

Charges available are 2nd degree murder, 3rd degree murder, and 2nd degree manslaughter. Jury can consider any of these in it's decision

Courthouse is heavily fortified, so far just a few light protestors are outside

Defense will argue Floyd died of an overdose complicated by underlying conditions

Prosecution will argue that the amount of time with knee pressure on neck was a substantial factor in his death, regardless of the amount of drugs in his system

Courtroom has a live feed available
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/live/cbsn-minnesota/

Trial expected to last two to four weeks

Normally. cops get away with literal murder, but Chauvin WILL be made an example of. (geez that sentence is poorly written...)

He's cooked.

Jury selection must have been difficult. I can’t imagine that there are many people that are truly impartial on this.

I'm in and voting for a big disappointment for the family and prosecution.

Normally. cops get away with literal murder, but Chauvin WILL be made an example of. (geez that sentence is poorly written...)

He's cooked.
I think there's plenty of reasonable doubt a good defense lawyer can put before a jury.
If the Twinkie Defense worked, anything can. OJ was plainly guilty, etc

It this is the thread that ends up being stickied, I might as well declare right away:

Chauvin is innocent and will be aquitted. Only thing he (and his colleagues) could possibly be accused of is not administering proper aid to Floyd when he passed out, but even that is doubtful. We're talking a window of a couple of minutes at most until the paramedics arrived.

I think he was heavy handed and didn't show a duty of care to someone who was restrained. He also has a history of racism, do should have never been in a uniform to begin with. Whatever faults George Floyd had, and they were many, the police should be there to protect citizens. Even from themsleves if need be.

That said, i think he gets a slap on the wrist sentence and loses his job, at most. Him and his 'ex' wife will probably have to change their name and go into protection. If he was following department guidelines on restraining a suspect, then the incident was created by the department and city.

Why does anything matter other than the famous photo and the very end of the resisting arrest interaction? Literally hunted and murdered...

So true.

But for real, it blew my mind for the judge to even consider not allowing that as evidence. Hopefully they allow it, as it is pretty damn significant

This trial will be the new excuse for BLM to riot. Doesn't matter if Chauvin gets off or not. Property will be destroyed, stores looted, and people murdered. Just like they did for months last year. It's a shame some people can't just let the facts play out in court.

This prosecutor is boring me to tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back