Crime Chauvin/Floyd Trial: Guilty 2nd degree unintentional murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think just for that state? It differs from state to state

so I would view second and third degree murder as intentional killing someone

Uh... he was literally convicted of unintentional second degree murder. And third degree murder is also with not intent.

Not defending him dumb shit. You're the one that got emotional. He deserves prison but not guilty on all 3 charges. I'm only giving you back what you put out which is dumb shit.

You just said it doesn't matter if George was a human, you've lost all respect from me. A lot of people showing their true colors right now.

I think just for that state? It differs from state to state

so I would view second and third degree murder as intentional killing someone

Scroll up a few posts. I have the specific jury instructions from the judge posted. Look at Count 1. It breaks it down in plain language that the jury used.

Why did we riot all summer? Why did we need to review police procedures? Chauvin was arrested, charged with a crime, it was found he did not follow police procedures, and now he has been found guilty of murder. What was the fuss about? Isn't this proof the system works?

That baboon wouldn't know the difference... why u asking him? lol
I don't know, I just saw he thought it should have been manslaughter so I asked why he distinguished.

LOL. Wait, people here have a problem with the verdict? Not only was it correct but the streets are safe tonight. Now is the time for healing.
Personally I have no confidence that the knee is definitely what killed Floyd, I'm not sure I could have found him guilty because I do have reasonable doubts. But I'm not complaining, I wasn't on the jury and that's how the law works. And besides I can see the positive side, no looting and burning tonight.

If you watched the trial you'd realize there's a ton of grey area in terms of the legalities of choke holds. Many types are allowed that absolutely should not be, if the end goal is restraint without fear of accidental death.

So if there is grey area then that would mean he should get off no? if they taught you to do something and you did it then how can you get in trouble? if they didnt specify

tenor.gif

They're almost the same thing.

Minnesota seems to have some odd legislation. I've never previously heard of second-degree unintentional murder being a thing. In every context it has always mean murder with intent, but without premeditation.

Thank you for this, and manslaughter would be without premeditation nor intent?

Apparently all the charges were "without intent or premeditation" including the second-degree murder charge.

Minnesota seems to have some odd legislation. I've never previously heard of second-degree unintentional murder being a thing. In every context it has always mean murder with intent, but without premeditation.

Apparently all the charges were "without intent" including the second-degree murder charge.

Yeah, I agree. Not quite sure what exactly the difference between the two murder charges. It's possibly a sentencing thing.

Why did we riot all summer? Why did we need to review police procedures? Chauvin was arrested, charged with a crime, it was found he did not follow police procedures, and now he has been found guilty of murder. What was the fuss about? Isn't this proof the system works?

That is not how the system typically works. That was the point. And you already know this.

Personally I have no confidence that the knee is definitely what killed Floyd, I'm not sure I could have found him guilty because I do have reasonable doubts. But I'm not complaining, I wasn't on the jury and that's how the law works. And besides I can see the positive side, no looting and burning tonight.

Agreed about the last part. Peace on our streets tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back