Cheapest source of protein?

As above, dry legumes are generally going to be the cheapest protein per kg.

But what I don't see mentioned is that there are some great cuts of meat that are still super affordable too.

Gymrats love that boneless chicken breast, but it's much higher priced than bone in cuts and dark meat.

Thighs, wings, and whole bird can end up being much cheaper by the pound. If you know how to cook you can do a lot with a whole bird by breaking it down.
Here in China chicken breast is pretty much one of the cheapest cuts of meat you can buy. It’s great!

Here in China chicken breast is pretty much one of the cheapest cuts of meat you can buy. It’s great!

In the US it's the opposite, wings and thighs are cheap, breast is expensive.

Freezer full of venison. Lean hormone free protein that’s low in cholesterol. Guys who don’t hunt have no idea what they’re missing

@JustOnce if you already use milk, I’ve been finding this milk to be comparable in cost but healthier. Wouldn’t recommend eating it exclusively to meet massive protein goals. But if you mix a protein shake with milk, or have a glass with dinner etc it could help. Been using it for a bit and it’s pretty solid IMO
large_d8b4f676-47d7-4de5-8c69-894898d23402.jpeg

@JustOnce if you already use milk, I’ve been finding this milk to be comparable in cost but healthier. Wouldn’t recommend eating it exclusively to meet massive protein goals. But if you mix a protein shake with milk, or have a glass with dinner etc it could help. Been using it for a bit and it’s pretty solid IMO
large_d8b4f676-47d7-4de5-8c69-894898d23402.jpeg

lol thanks but that milk is awful lol

lol thanks but that milk is awful lol
Haha thought you might say that. Figured I’d give the recommendation anyway. I’ve also been trying some egg white products that I’ve been pretty happy with.

Haha thought you might say that. Figured I’d give the recommendation anyway. I’ve also been trying some egg white products that I’ve been pretty happy with.

Yeah thanks. I bought that milk twice since it was on sale. Regretted both times. LOL. "ALWAYS LEARNING"

Egg white products? I just buy eggs. LOL

Yeah thanks. I bought that milk twice since it was on sale. Regretted both times. LOL. "ALWAYS LEARNING"

Egg white products? I just buy eggs. LOL
Yeah like I got RX Bars because it’s a little different and not quite as tough to stomach for me as something like an egg white omelette. And there’s the convenience factor if I’m traveling for work etc

I also have been making egg white cups. I mix a tiny bit of veggies and cheese and bake them in the oven. Since I started making those for breakfast as opposed to this protein Oatmeal I was eating I lost a few more pounds of fat and noticed I had gained quite a lot of muscle

Yeah like I got RX Bars because it’s a little different and not quite as tough to stomach for me as something like an egg white omelette. And there’s the convenience factor if I’m traveling for work etc

I also have been making egg white cups. I mix a tiny bit of veggies and cheese and bake them in the oven. Since I started making those for breakfast as opposed to this protein Oatmeal I was eating I lost a few more pounds of fat and noticed I had gained quite a lot of muscle

Hm nice, lol sounds yummy.
Poor old me just stick to basic eggs on frying pan lmfao.

Eggs or bugs, I'm just joking. Seriously, you should drink milk and eat eggs.

The cheapest source of protein is lentils and chicken liver

Pound for pound whey powder is the cheapest source of protein hands down

I still think whey would still be more effective. You can routinely find deals online for $40-45 for 5lb tubs. Almost 70 servings. 32g per scoop containing 25g of protein. Two scoops for 50g of quick and cheap protein that's been proven to have a higher absorption rate(without the antinutrient content of legumes)sounds like a better deal. I'm not big on supplements but dollar for dollar this is TS best shot. If you've ever seen some of his other posts he's kind of an all or nothing type of guy. Some whey, chicken breast, and eggs would have him covered at a excellent price point and would offer more in the way of nutrition.....and just for the heck of it add in some lentils if you're into high amounts of phytic acid and lectins. I'm more of a white rice guy myself.

Agree 100%

Back