cheek or full face shield headgear

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
which do you prefer for sight the full face or with the cheek part?

head gears sucks n that its hard to see out of so curious to you which can you see better with iv never used full face shields before

by "full face shield" you probably mean a facesaver, a full face headguard is something different

cheek protectors are more lightweight and much better for people who don't like to wear headguards

this is what you want, best all around. I have facebar as well and it limits vision a lot. But this top king model is great.

i just bought one from top boxer for 110 the jap face kind just to make sure gonna make custom gloves too gonna have them make a winning padding with grant tripple cuff solid white gloves no logo or anything 16 oz

this is what you want, best all around. I have facebar as well and it limits vision a lot. But this top king model is great.
Hey man, what was the top king model you purchased?

Hey man, what was the top king model you purchased?

this is m top king one

TKHGFC-black.jpg

TopTen has the best full face protection headgear in my opinion. It does not impair sight like others do. The only downturn is that it is just available in one size: M.

I’m curious to hear more about this too. I’ll be buying headgear soon and I’m leaning towards facesaver, but I’d like to know if it’s really that bad to get hit with just the cheek protector models.

Any insight is appreciated

I’m curious to hear more about this too. I’ll be buying headgear soon and I’m leaning towards facesaver, but I’d like to know if it’s really that bad to get hit with just the cheek protector models.

Any insight is appreciated

It's not bad, most people I know prefer cheeks to facesavers

It's not bad, most people I know prefer cheeks to facesavers

My daily grind is client facing and in a suit, is a facesaver going to keep me more presentable or will just cheeks do the job?

Sorry for needing clarification but most of the posts I’ve seen are all a bit vague

My daily grind is client facing and in a suit, is a facesaver going to keep me more presentable or will just cheeks do the job?

Sorry for needing clarification but most of the posts I’ve seen are all a bit vague
They'll be vague because it's impossible to answer you properly, as we don't know what your sparring looks like, and some people's skin marks up more easily than others. If the sparring's very intense and you get blasted sometimes and it's regular, then a facesaver will be better if getting any bruising on your face is a big deal. If you're not competing though and your sparring is watched and managed responsibly then it's probably not intense and you'll likely be fine with just cheek protectors, but shit happens and maybe your skin bruises more easily than others.

Follow for anyone that finds this thread in the future. Skip to 2:00 to get to the meat of the video.

I use a facesaver, but I've got a big nose so I got sick of it getting bent outta shape lmao

Back